SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

My family keeps saying...just forget about it...you might not hear until tomorrow or next week.. maybe they're busy...

And while that's a perfectly logical response...I can't stop thinking or checking!!!! eeeekkkk 

And 24 hours from now seems sooooooo long away.....

Edited by bluesnow

Just now, Sco said:

Loving the release order speculations:

Is it east to west? Is it in the order of application? Are they released by adjudication category? Do they cut the head off a chicken and see where the blood lands on a large board of winners?

Definitely the last one ?

13 minutes ago, socphd20 said:

I wonder if more people will find out today... Seems like radio silence for a few hours... 

Can confirm that I received an SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship about 30 minutes ago. Looks like they are still trickling in - which probably doesn't help with anxiety haha. 

No email, just popped up in the portal.

Edited by polsciguy88

Just now, polsciguy88 said:

Can confirm that I received an SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship about 30 minutes ago. Looks like they are still trickling in - which probably doesn't help with anxiety haha. 

Thank you!!! and congratulations!! 

Congrats!!!! Did you get your log in info yesterday?

Yes. Although the email showed up in my junk folder.

What was the email titled? Could you provide some redacted screenshots?

Just now, bluesnow said:

I think on page 7/8 of this thread someone already did that 

And congratulations!!!

Thanks, I see it.

Looks like they are extending the rollout to tomorrow end of day. EW3u_lhU0AITdYL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Sco

Just now, Threesisters said:

I think if you are in the system even if no password sent yet you can sign in and generate a password - I cannot sign in - does not recognize so I am assuming I am still not put into the system.

Same, also not in the system. Tho now the page won’t load for me at all haha. 

Just now, Threesisters said:

I think if you are in the system even if no password sent yet you can sign in and generate a password - I cannot sign in - does not recognize so I am assuming I am still not put into the system.

It lets me generate a password with my email address, but is telling me that access is denied.

Checked the portal this morning after I saw people posting here that it was updated with no email. Got the SSHRC and in total shock!!! The letter was posted in my extranet account at 10AM (and I got instructions for how to log in yesterday at around 2). I'm a direct applicant studying in the U.S, committee 2 (I think). I was rejected last year but think the difference this year was that I had more fellowships under my belt and a much tighter proposal. Also, I noticed on their award results website that students rarely get it in their second years of the PhD, but more often in the 1 or 3rd year. This makes sense because by the 1 year they expect less grounded "here's what I'm doing and how I'll do it," and by the 3rd year, you tend to have that. Whereas the 2nd year is a sort of floating year when your project is shaky but you've been studying for a while...

Anyways, congratulations to those who got it, and good luck to everyone else! This is a huge weight off, even though it amounts to roughly one year of funding the U.S. after the exchange rate/cost of living is factored in. Probably will be in shock for the next few days :)