SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, stressymessy said:

I caved and emailed my department....they replied within minutes and forwarded my email to a colleague who is dealing with this info....I'll see what happens 

Omg ?

1 hour ago, Sco said:

What was the email titled? Could you provide some redacted screenshots?

just refreshing this info since it's starting to be really far back in this thread. 

login https://influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/700000/A/default.aspx/#.

EmailExtranet for SSHRC Competition Results

Greetings:

This email contains information regarding your access to the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants. You will be using this site to access information about competition results once available.

Your Username is : (primary email)

Your Password will follow in a second e-mail

To access the extranet site, go to: https://influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/700000/A/default.aspx/#. 

Note: You will be notified via email when the results become available.

Technical support

Contact the On-line Services Helpdesk at 613-995-4273 or by e mail at webapp@nserc-crsng.gc.ca. Indicate your e mail address and telephone number. Hours of service are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday.

Regards, 

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council

Then the exact same email, immediately after, with the same info but "your password is: " instead of "your username is". 

As painful as this wait is, though, it's useful to consider it against the normal timespans we deal with. Waiting 24 hours for response to an e-mail is commonplace and even kind of on the low side. We can handle another day or, if it comes to it, even longer. Compared to other things we will wait or have waited for in our lives (medical results for example) this is not so bad.

Edited by angrycrustacean

3 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

You are brave, dear. Very brave.

2 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

Omg ?

Just now, angrycrustacean said:

I hear stories about people's departments being so helpful as we've been waiting, and I just know mine would take like 4 days to send back "no, you should see if sshrc has sent you the results." ?

I'm from a small university which definitely has it's perks. Hoping to get a reply. 

2 minutes ago, angrycrustacean said:

As painful as this wait is, though, it's useful to consider it against the normal timespans we deal with. Waiting 24 hours for response to an e-mail is commonplace and even kind of on the low side. We can handle another day or, if it comes to it, even longer. And compared to other things we will wait or have waited for in our lives (medical results for example) this is not so bad.

True, in the big scheme of things of course this is pretty minor. But I do think that if SSHRC was handling this fairly, all the applicants would find out at the same time.

Just now, Biting_My_Nails said:

True, in the big scheme of things of course this is pretty minor. But I do think that if SSHRC was handling this fairly, all the applicants would find out at the same time.

Yeah I wish they handled it more like MA results!

Just now, Biting_My_Nails said:

Just heard back from my administrator and they haven't heard anything either. I'm at UBC, if that helps anyone else.

my administrator replied saying all she's heard is that we'll find out sometime in may, but if she hears anything she'll let me know ?

10 minutes ago, Biting_My_Nails said:

Someone in this thread said that the email SSHRC sent to their department said "All results should be available to students by end of day, Friday, May 1st"

I can't believe they would send different departments different info eeh

Yes, I’m wildly frustrated and confused. I emailed my dept and they told me by April 30th I would have my results in the mail. My friend in the same dept emailed THE SAME DAY THAT I DID and the dept admins said we would find out via extranet sometime in May. UGH. We’re in Ontario

Just now, coffeentea said:

I called the Help Desk at SSHRC and they seemed confused as to why I didn't have an extranet account yet. They told me to call SSHRC or email them so I had to do that a few mins ago. Sigh.

Jeez. Should we all get in touch with SSHRC then?

Direct applicant here - received extranet password yesterday and news today through extranet  that I've been awarded a SSHRC (never received an email other than initial 2 with info/password).

Just want to encourage anyone who does not end up receiving one this year - don't give up!!! I applied and was rejected 3 times (pre-PhD, Year 1, Year 2) before a successful application in Year 3. I really thought the ship had sailed for me, but grateful for the funding for Year 4 (and Year 5, if I decide to take it). 

Just now, coffeentea said:

I called the Help Desk at SSHRC and they seemed confused as to why I didn't have an extranet account yet. They told me to call SSHRC or email them so I had to do that a few mins ago. Sigh.

oh my goodnes... what?? They were confused as to why you didn't have one? This is concerning

Just now, sjalava said:

oh my goodnes... what?? They were confused as to why you didn't have one? This is concerning

Yes, the person on the line told me that the results had already gone out, so they didn't understand why I did not get any emails yet. :(