SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

The twitter response from SSHRC is the same one they have sent out all week. I think it is the system not working. Earlier they said all results would be available by May 1, so notification today for login would result in a May 1 email. Why else was SSHRC offices surprised and why else would emails not have gone out today.???

2 minutes ago, MoneyTree said:

OK my department just emailed me (before I even got an extranet access email). I only read the blurb that popped up on my phone. It contains the word "unfortunately." Oh well. 

Edit: I'm at UBC in Committee 1. 

I'm so sorry. I'm also mentally preparing to apply again this fall, although my (UBC) dept says there is no news from Grad Studies

Just now, Threesisters said:

The twitter response from SSHRC is the same one they have sent out all week. I think it is the system not working. Earlier they said all results would be available by May 1, so notification today for login would result in a May 1 email. Why else was SSHRC offices surprised and why else would emails not have gone out today.???

Exactly. I would feel better about this whole thing if they would just come out and say "There is a glitch in the system - we will keep everyone updated." Just SAY SOMETHING.

Just now, MoneyTree said:

Thanks ❤️ I'm not looking forward to the mandatory reworking and resubmitting in the fall. 

I'm in BC, at UBC. 

Be kind to yourself. I emailed the assoc dean for grad students, maybe she can tell me tomorrow. Best of luck to all. Do something fun....

I'm a direct applicant in the US, applicant ID last 4 digits 0464, I don't know which committee but I am in psych. I received my login info yesterday and results today around 12pm (CDT). No email notifications about the results being available today, I just logged on to check. First time applicant waitlisted with a score of 10.9/20.

It looks like a lot of people are still have issues with logging on and receiving results, that is so frustrating! ? I hope they put us all out of our misery soon.

Just now, Sco said:

From my observations, nobody has received new login information today. And people who received login information yesterday, found their results posted approx. 24 hours later.

I got my login info yesterday at 12pm but still don't have my results. 

Just now, Sco said:

From my observations, nobody has received new login information today. And people who received login information yesterday, found their results posted approx. 24 hours later.

I don't think that's the case, I received my log-in yesterday, but heard nothing today, no documents uploaded to the extranet.  And a page back there are a couple others in the same situation.  So it isn't a rolling situation, it is just random, or the pattern is indiscernible (won't stop me from trying!) 

Direct applicant, for UK school, number 0357, committee 2 (for those with the charts and graphs)

Just now, Biting_My_Nails said:

I actually just heard back from my department regarding my result, but not from SSHRC at all?? So weird. Good luck to all!!

Hope it’s good news, thanks for letting us know!!!!!! Time for you to take a full breather! 

7 minutes ago, Sco said:

I received log in information yesterday, but still no results. Same with another person in my cohort

14 minutes ago, MoneyTree said:

Thanks ❤️ I'm not looking forward to the mandatory reworking and resubmitting in the fall. 

I'm in BC, at UBC. 

To encourage you, I applied 3 years in a row and just found out I was success this time. I hated getting the rejections and partly because I dreaded having to do the resubmitting. But, don't give up! 

Just now, inableakvision said:

So I guess that if I don't hear from my uni today, I'll just assume I was not successful.

If there is one thing we've learned from this thread is that there is no apparent pattern at all, so there's no reason to believe that!

so to sum it all up. some applicants know. some don't. some institutions know and some don't. seems like SSHRC was really going for the most painful distribution method possible. If we had just had snail mail then everyone would have been not cared as much as the results would be coming. 

13 minutes ago, rylsha said:

I'm a direct applicant in the US, applicant ID last 4 digits 0464, I don't know which committee but I am in psych. I received my login info yesterday and results today around 12pm (CDT). No email notifications about the results being available today, I just logged on to check. First time applicant waitlisted with a score of 10.9/20.

It looks like a lot of people are still have issues with logging on and receiving results, that is so frustrating! ? I hope they put us all out of our misery soon.

To encourage you, I am also direct applicant, at a US school. I was rejected first year, waitlisted second, rejected third and successful on my 4th (this year). I know it's such a pain to keep applying, but it's worth it. 

Just now, SweetP said:

so to sum it all up. some applicants know. some don't. some institutions know and some don't. seems like SSHRC was really going for the most painful distribution method possible. If we had just had snail mail then everyone would have been not cared as much as the results would be coming. 

YUP And here I thought we were getting a present by them releasing online HAH. 

Edited by TurnLeft

5 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

So I guess that if I don't hear from my uni today, I'll just assume I was not successful.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion! For example, knowing how my particular uni is I'm not expecting them to get in touch either way - or at least not faster than I'll have the results personally. It really looks to me like people have only heard directly from Western and UBC. That leaves out UofT and McGill, for example, which tend to give out among the highest quantities of awards. Concrete information will come.