SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

9 minutes ago, emma94 said:

I'm in the same boat, direct applicant with my login but no info, but in my second year. It's hard not to automatically think that, but like someone mentioned on here a few posts back, there is likely more people posting their success than the opposite - for all we know, there could be just as many that got rejections. Hang in there, hopefully we'll hear by tomorrow! 

Thanks! Just sucks that they're doing it in waves (if that's what they're doing). I wrongly assumed that having everything online would allow for consistent and timely results. Good luck to you and everyone else still waiting! I hope it works out for all of us. 

Just now, socphd20 said:

Im also direct and haven't heard. 

I'm glad I'm not the only direct applicant without any news! Good luck to all of us. I hope we hear by tomorrow.

Update: I am now getting through to the Home page (albeit empty), as opposed to 'Access Denied' a few hours earlier. Still no emails about getting Extranet access or results, I got the email/password through Password recovery.

Edited by Sco

4 hours ago, lambda-abstraction said:

Thanks! Just sucks that they're doing it in waves (if that's what they're doing). I wrongly assumed that having everything online would allow for consistent and timely results. Good luck to you and everyone else still waiting! I hope it works out for all of us. 

I'm glad I'm not the only direct applicant without any news! Good luck to all of us. I hope we hear by tomorrow.

I'm the same too! A direct applicant, received login credentials on Thursday, nothing on my page still. There are dozens of us out there. Dozens!

10 hours ago, rylsha said:

I'm a direct applicant in the US, applicant ID last 4 digits 0464, I don't know which committee but I am in psych. I received my login info yesterday and results today around 12pm (CDT). No email notifications about the results being available today, I just logged on to check. First time applicant waitlisted with a score of 10.9/20.

It looks like a lot of people are still have issues with logging on and receiving results, that is so frustrating! ? I hope they put us all out of our misery soon.

Thank you Rylsha for all of this info! I found it helpful so I will contribute the same and I would love to learn about some of the successful applicants' scores so that I know the margin by which I need to improve/other waitlist scores to approximate position.

I am a direct applicant for the PGS-D in Norway, applicant ID last 4 digits 0422, I also am unsure of committee but either 4a or 4b as I am also in Psych. I received login info Wednesday April 29th, no email on results, but logging in revealed that I had results in the extranet 12:00 PM April 30th. First time applicant as well, waitlisted, score 11.4/20. Even with the waitlist notification, it feels something like relief to be able to put this behind me until the next round of applications. Good luck everyone!

Also, in the results letter it says 1056 awards available our of the 2584 applicants. But aren't there different quotas for the different awards? Does anyone know if this information exists?

I was a successful NSERC CGS-M applicant in my first application during my Master's but my research questions have taken a turn towards the humanistic, but I still use a variety of methods, a few of which fall more under NSERC's domain. ?

Good luck everyone and please do reference your score and post it, if you feel comfortable doing so!

Hi folks,  just an update for you. I just got an email at 7:35 EST from  Extranet.support@nserc-crsng.gc.ca with the following message:

Le français suit l’anglais)

Greetings:

This email contains information regarding your access to the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants. You will be using this site to access information about competition results once available.

Your Username is: [my user name]

Please click on "I Forgot my Password" on the login page to generate your password.

To access the extranet site, go to: https://influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/700000/A/default.aspx/#.

Note: You will be notified via email when the results become available.

Technical support

Contact the On-line Services Helpdesk at 613-995-4273 or by e mail at webapp@nserc-crsng.gc.ca. Indicate your e mail address and telephone number. Hours of service are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday.

Regards,

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council

_______

27 minutes ago, quiettimes said:

Hi folks,  just an update for you. I just got an email at 7:35 EST from  Extranet.support@nserc-crsng.gc.ca with the following message:

Le français suit l’anglais)

Greetings:

This email contains information regarding your access to the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants. You will be using this site to access information about competition results once available.

Your Username is: [my user name]

Please click on "I Forgot my Password" on the login page to generate your password.

To access the extranet site, go to: https://influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/700000/A/default.aspx/#.

Note: You will be notified via email when the results become available.

Technical support

Contact the On-line Services Helpdesk at 613-995-4273 or by e mail at webapp@nserc-crsng.gc.ca. Indicate your e mail address and telephone number. Hours of service are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday.

Regards,

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council

_______

Happy to hear someone is getting login details/email from SSHRC today after not much movement yesterday, thanks for update! Alright here we go! A new day of being unnecessarily neurotic at my computer.

4 minutes ago, elodie said:

Happy to hear someone is getting login details/email from SSHRC today after not much movement yesterday, thanks for update! Alright here we go! A new day of being unnecessarily neurotic at my computer.

Neurotic seems to be the new way of life for me of late! ?

Just now, bluesnow said:

Neurotic seems to be the new way of life for me of late! ?

thanks guys! I'm hoping we'll all find out one way or another today. But, I find this email weird. Everyone else was getting specific emails with passwords and then this email says click change password?

3 minutes ago, quiettimes said:

thanks guys! I'm hoping we'll all find out one way or another today. But, I find this email weird. Everyone else was getting specific emails with passwords and then this email says click change password?

Maybe they’re trying to streamline the process ??

5 minutes ago, angrycrustacean said:

Received the login email at 8:05am EST. No results yet.

Edit: They're really starting early today. Maybe trying to push to get as many results out today as possible? Maybe I'm dreaming.

WOHOOO! Glad you finally got the login email! :)  Fingers crossed you get the results soon!!

Hi friends,

Just got my results, a day and a half after getting the login. I'm a direct applicant in the UK. I was wait listed with a score of 13.20/20. 

Hope that helps, and that all of you who are waiting hear back soon as well!

I feel like I'm one of the only ones still waiting on any login information. The forgot password trick doesn't work for me either. :(

Edited by sjalava

Just now, sjalava said:

I feel like I'm one of the only ones still waiting on any login information. The forgot password trick doesn't work for me either. :(

I'm still waiting as well! I tried the password trick, and I'm not in the system. I'm so impatient! 

1 minute ago, jsmoker said:

Hi friends,

Just got my results, a day and a half after getting the login. I'm a direct applicant in the UK. I was wait listed with a score of 13.20/20. 

Hope that helps, and that all of you who are waiting hear back soon as well!

That sounds like a fairly high score as far as waitlists go, good luck! 

Just now, sjalava said:

I still haven't gotten my login information as well and the forgot password trick also doesn't work for me... I'm hopeful we should get access to our extranet within the next three hours or so, though!