SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

I got notification from SSHRC this morning that I won the CGS (D)! Question for those who know more: I am at a US university, and I said so on my application, but the stipulations on my award make it clear that it is only for Canadian institutions. I know that they have one that is less money for out of Canada (which is what I was applying for), so do they just demote from the larger, Canadian one?

1 minute ago, sje776 said:

I got notification from SSHRC this morning that I won the CGS (D)! Question for those who know more: I am at a US university, and I said so on my application, but the stipulations on my award make it clear that it is only for Canadian institutions. I know that they have one that is less money for out of Canada (which is what I was applying for), so do they just demote from the larger, Canadian one?

I think you need to tell them that you are abroad and they will give you the $80,000 one instead :)

2 minutes ago, sje776 said:

That sounds odd, I thought you needed to apply through a Canadian institution to be considered for CGS-D aka Mega SSHRC. But regular SSHRC can be applied to American institutions if you have a Canadian undergrad or masters.

• SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships are tenable at any recognized institution in Canada or abroad. For the fellowship to be held abroad, the award holder must have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a Canadian postsecondary institution. For award holders who do not meet this requirement, the fellowships are tenable only at recognized Canadian postsecondary institutions.

Ok so my uni's scholarships officer got back to me. I was awarded the SSHRC doctoral fellowship (committee 4, psych) !!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you who still don't know. I hope SSHRC figures it out by tomorrow or that your departments are able to update you today ?

Just now, inableakvision said:

Ok so my uni's scholarships officer got back to me. I was awarded the SSHRC doctoral fellowship (committee 4, psych) !!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you who still don't know. I hope SSHRC figures it out by tomorrow or that your departments are able to update you today ?

Awesome, congrats!!!

9 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

Congrats!

I'm with you! Not knowing before the weekend is too stressful. At the same time I keep thinking well... what if the uploads online are automated so even if no one is working hours I COULD get my results. What if this....what if that?

Just now, quiettimes said:

I'm with you! Not knowing before the weekend is too stressful. At the same time I keep thinking well... what if the uploads online are automated so even if no one is working hours I COULD get my results. What if this....what if that?

Right??? I’ve decided it’s safest for me to pretend I got a rejection and move on, so I don’t do nothing all weekend. 

2 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

Right??? I’ve decided it’s safest for me to pretend I got a rejection and move on, so I don’t do nothing all weekend. 

Yep! I've been thinking the same thing.