SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

My university just emailed to say I got the CGS-D Bombardier. I got waitlisted last year and am completely shocked/thrilled and will probably spend the next few hours sobbing with relief. My university is cutting some funding programs so was anticipating some very lean years otherwise or possibly having to drop out for a while.

1 hour ago, SweetP said:

nothing here yet. if it makes a difference i'm at McGill. Has anyone else at McGill heard anything?

i'm at mcgill and i emailed GPS yesterday asking whether it will be possible to get SSHRC competition result from McGill (regardless whether outcome is positive or not) or whether we will have to wait for SSHRC’s online system. Their reply was that we have to wait for SSHRC email.

Last year i didn't get sshrc because mcgill had informed everyone who won (directly) and i had to wait to hear that through snail mail. so don't know what that means this year. 

3 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

I wrote to the tech people on the NSERC/SSHRC Extranet page. So the go to the login page and scroll to the bottom there is an email there - it was an NSERC email address not SSHRC.

Thanks! Sent them an email...fingers crossed

1 minute ago, bugsdooney said:

FYI for anyone trying to login to the Extranet with their iPhone, the forget password login wasn't working until I switched over to my laptop. Not sure if it's just something on my end.

The button graphic doesn't line up with where the link is active on the page on mobile - you have to tap in the white space just below the button.

3 minutes ago, WKLP said:

My university just emailed to say I got the CGS-D Bombardier. I got waitlisted last year and am completely shocked/thrilled and will probably spend the next few hours sobbing with relief. My university is cutting some funding programs so was anticipating some very lean years otherwise or possibly having to drop out for a while.

Congratulations!

Edited by Threesisters

10 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

Congratulations!

Thank you so much. I have had a lot of bad luck recently and dreamed last night that I didn't get it so my jaw is on the floor.

Queen's has the results now according to the awards office but they won't tell me the results and said to contact my department administrator. But I heard from her this morning that she didn't have any further information. This is so excruciating hahaha

Hi all,

i just got my Extranet login and password a few hours ago and just received results that I was successful this year - there is hope for folks that have not gotten login info still. Seems to be totally random.

Good luck everyone.

1 minute ago, displacedcontent said:

Short margins. I got rejected/wait-listed with a 12.95 / 20.

I got lower than that last year (12.3) and waitlisted. This year with basically the same application, 14.7 and the Bombardier.  Hang in there!

Hey all, i'm at McGill.

Just received an email from my advisor, congratulating me on getting SSHRC. Which was a surprise to me as i have yet to receive a login and the password cheat doesn't work for me. If i hear anything from SSHRC i'll post to update everyone.

3 minutes ago, G_G said:

Hi all,

i just got my Extranet login and password a few hours ago and just received results that I was successful this year - there is hope for folks that have not gotten login info still. Seems to be totally random.

Good luck everyone.

Congrats!!! Got my login on Wednesday and still no results.... gahhhhh

3 minutes ago, SweetP said:

Hey all, i'm at McGill.

Just received an email from my advisor, congratulating me on getting SSHRC. Which was a surprise to me as i have yet to receive a login and the password cheat doesn't work for me. If i hear anything from SSHRC i'll post to update everyone.

Congratulations! 

Just now, thisistheworst13 said:

Are there any direct applicants out there still waiting? Received my log-in info 48 hours ago and still no results

Yup, same thing here,  I'm second year at a UK school...there literally seems to be 0 organisation, rhyme or reason as to why they're releasing things the way they are. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they go well past next week with results...

I got my login email around 9:45 AM this morning but no results yet. Looks like others who got logins this morning have since received results? Gives me hope that I'll hear shortly. I'm at the end of third year, so after 3 rounds of rejections/waitlists I'm really hoping for it this time around since my 5th year is unfunded. Though life will go on and we'll all find our ways with or without it!