SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, thisistheworst13 said:

It really seems like direct applicants already know if they won (I am a direct applicant from U.S. who got credentials yesterday and have not heard anything) and a lot of universities are finding out now. I hope not, but I am not seeing many direct applicant rejections that actually know. 

I saw a direct applicant rejection earlier today so hang tight! I am almost certain they did NOT notify direct applicants based on winning/not winning. They have a different method we don't know of yet for who has been notified.

4 minutes ago, PhdMultilinguaEd said:

To encourage you, I am also direct applicant, at a US school. I was rejected first year, waitlisted second, rejected third and successful on my 4th (this year). I know it's such a pain to keep applying, but it's worth it. 

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I was just contemplating if I should bother applying again since it will be my 4th year next year - but your comment made me think it's worth a try!

10 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

So I guess that if I don't hear from my uni today, I'll just assume I was not successful.

I don't think that's the case. My department forwarded 13 and I know at least 2 of us still don't have an answer. I don't think they would tell some of us and not everyone (we do talk to each other)

Just now, Threesisters said:

How? I can't get access - it says it does not recognize my email...

I know some people tried resetting their password like I just did and got the same result you did.  (howls in frustration)

1 minute ago, Piagetsky said:

I know some people tried resetting their password like I just did and got the same result you did.  (howls in frustration)

I did that, and this is what I get when I try to do that.

MgBe0dh.png

Just now, Sco said:

I did that, and this is what I get when I try to do that.

MgBe0dh.png

I got the same error message as you (also from u of t) and I tried logging in again with the new password and it worked. 

Hey UBC people:
I emailed someone from Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and asked about whether they have the results:

"
Our unit just got word of the SSHRC Doctoral results and posted the results to departments about an hour ago.  Departments were asked to inform all of their applicants of the results, but your department likely hasn’t had time yet to do that."

Just email your department, they should know by now. I didnt receive any email for setting up that extranet  thing.

Edited by kahou

4 minutes ago, quiettimes said:

did you try the reset password option and use the email you applied with?

Yes, sadly that is what shows up when I attempt a password reset. 

Just now, TurnLeft said:

Yes, sadly that is what shows up when I attempt a password reset. 

Are you sure you're using the same email you used to apply for SSHRC?

I reset my password a second time, no change to access.

2 minutes ago, kahou said:

Hey UBC people:
I emailed someone from Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and asked about whether they have the results:

"
Our unit just got word of the SSHRC Doctoral results and posted the results to departments about an hour ago.  Departments were asked to inform all of their applicants of the results, but your department likely hasn’t had time yet to do that."

Just email your department, they should know by now.

Well that is encouraging. Hoping this goes at the UofA too. Best wishes all.

Just now, Sco said:

Are you sure you're using the same email you used to apply for SSHRC?

I reset my password a second time, no change to access.

Yup! Using the right email, haha. Only one sshrc has/has communicated with me through so far. 

Hope you are all staying safe and well. I have been following this thread the whole time, and I feel for everyone.

I got my e-mail to sign up yesterday, and got the results today. Got the CGS (D)!!!!!!!! at 11:07 central time today. I am at a Quebec university, applying from my first year of the PhD.

On a side note: I feel for everyone who gets rejected. This is my third sshrc application, and I have made several FRQ applications that have been rejected, including this year. Always remember this is not an ultimate judgment on your research. I know I had to hear that a few times <3.

I've been watching this thread for the past day now...and if it helps anyone else, I'm a direct applicant in the UK who received the external site access e-mail 30 hours ago and I still haven't received any results.