SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

1 minute ago, coffeentea said:

Yes, the person on the line told me that the results had already gone out, so they didn't understand why I did not get any emails yet. :(

Oohkay.   Has anyone tried the password hack and gotten any results?

Just saw this tweet from SSHRC:

Hello Molly-Gloria, apologies for the delay. We're anticipating that the emails will go out this week and early next week. A follow-up email will be sent once the results documents are uploaded. Thank you for your patience!

2 minutes ago, coffeentea said:

Yes, the person on the line told me that the results had already gone out, so they didn't understand why I did not get any emails yet. :(

Whaaaaaat??? Tried calling the general inquiries # and just got a busy signal. Did the person on the phone help you get an extranet account or give you any more info on how to get one?

1 minute ago, coffeentea said:

This makes no sense, especially considering that I'm pretty sure (or at least I'm hoping) nobody in Ontario's received an email yet. This is honestly really frustrating, especially given that NSERC managed to pull this off without a hitch. 

Just now, fork4k said:

This makes no sense, especially considering that I'm pretty sure (or at least I'm hoping) nobody in Ontario's received an email yet. This is honestly really frustrating, especially given that NSERC managed to pull this off without a hitch. 

Someone from UfT tweeted they won sshrc

Just now, MoneyTree said:

Whaaaaaat??? Tried calling the general inquiries # and just got a busy signal. Did the person on the phone help you get an extranet account or give you any more info on how to get one?

No they said I had to call 613-943-7777 (general inquiries) to talk to someone there.

Just now, magicsana said:

Someone from UfT tweeted they won sshrc

Was it this post? 

I think that's referring to last year's competition (she probably got off a waitlist or something). If it's a different post then god help me 

Just now, sjalava said:

Someone on their twitter is now responding to everyone saying sorry for the delay and that we can expect to get emails "this week or early next week". Jesus christ. 

I sent SSHRC an email just in case but jeez louise. How frustrating is it that SSHRC wasn't even able to send one email to everyone with an update on the situation...

Just now, fork4k said:

Was it this post? 

I think that's referring to last year's competition (she probably got off a waitlist or something). If it's a different post then god help me 

This is from last year as she was awarded a 2019-2020 award and we're being considered for the 2020-2021 awards....i think

Just now, inableakvision said:

I sent SSHRC an email just in case but jeez louise. How frustrating is it that SSHRC wasn't even able to send one email to everyone with an update on the situation...

It's unprofessional in my opinion. I might be feeling a bit entitled and slightly bratty at the moment but it's just because I feel like there were so many more accountable and transparent ways to handle this situation in an already stressful time. 

Just now, sjalava said:

It's unprofessional in my opinion. I might be feeling a bit entitled and slightly bratty at the moment but it's just because I feel like there were so many more accountable and transparent ways to handle this situation in an already stressful time. 

You are not being bratty or entitled... They know how hard this time of year is. They should know better.

5 minutes ago, sjalava said:

I don't think it's bratty at all honestly. Like even if it was just some unlucky person who had to manually send out emails, today nobody got a new email. Seeing what a shitshow they've made out of just around 2000 applications drives me insane on multiple levels. 

Edited by fork4k

Just now, sjalava said:

It is one thing to not be transparent, it is another to send out a portion of the results a day ago and then not follow up with anyone at all. Do it all at once or at least make an effort to do it within the same day or two.

Just now, sjalava said:

I completely agree with you. Even if it was delayed, they should have ensured that everyone could view their results at the same time. They were able to do this when I applied for my master's sshrc. This is garbage. 

2 minutes ago, fork4k said:

Was it this post? 

Just now, quiettimes said:

This is from last year as she was awarded a 2019-2020 award and we're being considered for the 2020-2021 awards....i think

1899609487_ScreenShot2020-04-30at5_00_19PM.thumb.png.adae055e12400de205c4f4c9b85a93d3.png

Just now, sjalava said:

It is unprofessional. At the very least they could have updated twitter saying that emails and award roll outs will start happening from the 29th and go into May 2nd or 4th or whatever. They also could have been transparent in their initial tweet and say hey y'all these emails are gunna go out in waves.