SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Agree with all of you. They keep moving the goal posts by changing the date and only bother to respond to a few individuals. Meanwhile most of us are here without login information and other people are already celebrating. With no clear indication of why that is a thing. 

Just now, magicsana said:

1899609487_ScreenShot2020-04-30at5_00_19PM.thumb.png.adae055e12400de205c4f4c9b85a93d3.png

Ah damn!! I guess it's not even by province either then (I don't think anyone at my school's received anything yet? but I obviously wouldn't know for sure). Now I'm wondering if they really did send out most of the winners by now. 

I don't go to U of T, but my university which is also quite large, claims they didn't get access to the portal today. Or at least it was not shard with individual programs yet. So I would still have hope that these individual winners heard from SSHRC directly and not from their institutions. 

Just now, magicsana said:

I saw at least 2 rejections today

Seems like more direct applicants were notified today and yesterday. I would also guess that direct applicants are less likely to check this forum compared to those of us already in grad studies. So maybe significantly more rejections that simply weren't posted here (success rate for 1st year as been 15%).

2 minutes ago, inableakvision said:

From external or internal applicants?

One I saw online was from someone studying in England. I'm not sure about the one up thread, though. 

Just now, elodie said:

Seems like more direct applicants were notified today and yesterday. I would also guess that direct applicants are less likely to check this forum compared to those of us already in grad studies. So maybe significantly more rejections that simply weren't posted here (success rate for 1st year as been 15%).

Question: does first year refer to people entering Year 1, or people who applied while in Year 1? 

hi! is there a link for the extranet here somewhere we can try to access and do the 'password trick'?

I'm one of those still waiting for the access email.

good luck to those still waiting. congrats to those who won. and to those who didn't remember this is all arbitrary really. 

thank you!

Just now, MoneyTree said:

Question: does first year refer to people entering Year 1, or people who applied while in Year 1? 

Entering I think - I'd be a first year and my program starts in the fall. 

Can I also say - THANKS to everyone for being paranoid and obsessed and stressed with this with me. I saw someone on twitter say something about how they checked the website "on a whim" and was surprised to have one and I was so filled with rage HAHA. No one checked the website ON A WHIM!!!!!! Come on. LOL. 

/puts professional hat back on. 

OK my department just emailed me (before I even got an extranet access email). I only read the blurb that popped up on my phone. It contains the word "unfortunately." Oh well. 

Edit: I'm at UBC in Committee 1. 

Edited by MoneyTree

Just now, TurnLeft said:

Can I also say - THANKS to everyone for being paranoid and obsessed and stressed with this with me. I saw someone on twitter say something about how they checked the website "on a whim" and was surprised to have one and I was so filled with rage HAHA. No one checked the website ON A WHIM!!!!!! Come on. LOL. 

/puts professional hat back on. 

I saw that too and was internally raging hahhaha

OK my department just emailed me (before I even got an extranet access email). I only read the blurb that popped up on my phone. It contains the word "unfortunately." Oh well. 

Edit: I'm at UBC in Committee 1. 

Ugh I'm SO sorry. 

Aw sorry! How stressful to find out this way before having access.  Can I ask what province you're in?  Please do something special for yourself anyway. We got this far from working hard and putting in a lot of time and effort.

Just now, elodie said:

Aw sorry! How stressful to find out this way before having access.  Can I ask what province you're in?  Please do something special for yourself anyway. We got this far from working hard and putting in a lot of time and effort.

Thanks ❤️ I'm not looking forward to the mandatory reworking and resubmitting in the fall. 

I'm in BC, at UBC.