SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

2 minutes ago, imbadatusernames said:

Congrats to all who are receiving good news! I still have my login from yesterday, but no results yet. To those who received their results, did you just check your Extranet page and see the documents posted? I'm wondering if I should just keep refreshing the page every so often instead of waiting for another email. 

Yes, that's what I did too. Just kept refreshing every 2 to 5 minutes? :P It just appeared at 11:40. And got no email yet either.

I wonder if agreements with other funding agencies affect the order that we’re notified... I just noticed my letter said that the results would be communicated directly to the provincial funding body (FRQSC) because SSHRC winners are required to turn down FRQSC if we get it. Don’t know if that makes sense but it might explain why a lot of Quebec students are getting emails/results? 

6 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

I wonder if agreements with other funding agencies affect the order that we’re notified... I just noticed my letter said that the results would be communicated directly to the provincial funding body (FRQSC) because SSHRC winners are required to turn down FRQSC if we get it. Don’t know if that makes sense but it might explain why a lot of Quebec students are getting emails/results? 

This would make sense as I'm a student at a Quebec university but not eligible for FRQSC as I'm Ontario resident for majority of year.. just no idea if that is what is actually happening. Lol

10 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

That's quite likely. FRQSC had set a clear deadline for results to be released on April 30th, so probably SSHRC needed to meet it as well for Quebec students.

13 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

Would this same logic apply to the Ontario Graduate Scholarship? Especially if students chose May 1 as their start date...

Just now, psychstudent312 said:

Would this same logic apply to the Ontario Graduate Scholarship? Especially if students chose May 1 as their start date...

No idea... I know SSHRC and FRQSC have a formal agreement for disclosure, and SSHRC winners are obligated to reject FRQSC. My impression is that OGS varies by institution and is less strict, but I can’t say for sure.

Just now, psychstudent312 said:

I don't think so - OGS deadlines are all over the shop. U of T just finished accepting applications a couple weeks ago and is expecting to announce OGS in mid-July this year.

1 minute ago, psychstudent312 said:

I don't think this applies to OGS/SSHRC communciations, many schools still haven't announced OGS winners. Though like in QC we can't hold OGS and SSHRC together.

My friend and I think they separated it (by some arbitrary standard) to avoid crashing the system - knowing we’d all log in repeatedly to check if the results were there whether we got an email or not after getting log in info ?. So maybe this afternoon the rest of us will get log in infos and then results spread through tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

My friend and I think they separated it (by some arbitrary standard) to avoid crashing the system - knowing we’d all log in repeatedly to check if the results were there whether we got an email or not after getting log in info ?. So maybe this afternoon the rest of us will get log in infos and then results spread through tomorrow. 

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:47:42 GMT
Connection: close

This is what I get even trying to connect to extranet site. Maybe site is down. I have not yet got my login either. Going to need to do something that I can see through to finish, aka, not writing my proposal. Sigh.

39 minutes ago, bluesnow said:

This is so weirdddd.... I can't even get access... It doesn't recognize my email as a username.

Same. I tried the "forgot password" trick with my primary email as username. Said no accounts exist with that email. 

Still no extranet link. 

Just now, MoneyTree said:

Same. I tried the "forgot password" trick with my primary email as username. Said no accounts exist with that email. 

Still no extranet link. 

Just now, Threesisters said:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:47:42 GMT
Connection: close

This is what I get even trying to connect to extranet site. Maybe site is down. I have not yet got my login either. Going to need to do something that I can see through to finish, aka, not writing my proposal. Sigh.

Yeah - mine and my friends also says Our accounts don’t exist ?

5 minutes ago, MoneyTree said:

Just wanted to say a special hi bc I'm also on Vancouver Island ❤️ 

Oh my goodness HI!!! The Island forever ? I didn’t think I’d make it back here this year (sask. for MA then heading to Atlantic Canada for PhD) - about the only positive of covid has been getting to come home haha. 

(which I say sarcastically because obviously NOTHING GOOD has actually come from this) 

Edited by TurnLeft

1 minute ago, TurnLeft said:

Oh my goodness HI!!! The Island forever ? I didn’t think I’d make it back here this year (sask. for MA then heading to Atlantic Canada for PhD) - about the only positive of covid has been getting to come home haha. 

(which I say sarcastically because obviously NOTHING GOOD has actually come from this) 

I BOOKED it home on a ferry in mid-march. I study in Vancouver. Sending you island love and crossing my fingers for your SSHRC results!! 

Just now, MoneyTree said:

I BOOKED it home on a ferry in mid-march. I study in Vancouver. Sending you island love and crossing my fingers for your SSHRC results!! 

Me too!!!! Drove home in like a day and a half just before they cancelled so many of the sailings! 
Fingers crossed for you, too!!! ❤️

Direct applicant here. I received my log in info yesterday, but still haven't received an email to check results and when I log in, there are no documents available. I don't really know what "order" (if any) SSHRC is sending our log in info, acceptances, rejections, etc. I hope they give me the news today, I don't think I can take another day of feeling this anxious. 

Just now, lambda-abstraction said:

Direct applicant here. I received my log in info yesterday, but still haven't received an email to check results and when I log in, there are no documents available. I don't really know what "order" (if any) SSHRC is sending our log in info, acceptances, rejections, etc. I hope they give me the news today, I don't think I can take another day of feeling this anxious. 

HONESTLY! I am trying to do 'work' - so behind - and I'm like "well time to refresh twitter/grad cafe/email and see if anything has changed in the last two seconds!" 

1 minute ago, lambda-abstraction said:

Same thing for me!!