Fall 2020 Developmental Psychology PhD

justacigar

1 hour ago, devpsych2020 said:

Sorry for another shout in the dark - has anyone applied to UC Davis? Their admissions page say interview invitations will go out today (12/18) but I am not seeing anyone posting in the results page and no changes in online app.

California schools are playing too hard read ? This chasing game/waiting for their response of any sort is harder than anything I’ve experienced in my dating life.

Also applied and have not gotten an email. But I find it so weird that I've literally seen nothing about UC Davis on the results page today; do y'all think their interview invites are possibly delayed!? I just find it too weird nobody has posted receiving an invite from them. 

Well, I hope they're delayed, because I would really love to receive an invite from them. ?

Just wanted to mention here that I had a social/developmental skype interview w/ UC Berkeley PoI yesterday after being contacted by her over email on Monday. She didn't give me any indication of timing, though, so I don't know where other profs are at in the process. Feel free to DM for initials.

3 hours ago, devpsych2020 said:

Sorry for another shout in the dark - has anyone applied to UC Davis? Their admissions page say interview invitations will go out today (12/18) but I am not seeing anyone posting in the results page and no changes in online app.

California schools are playing too hard read ? This chasing game/waiting for their response of any sort is harder than anything I’ve experienced in my dating life.

I applied to UC Davis, but for their Human Development program. I assume you applied for Developmental Psych? I hope you hear back soon! 

15 hours ago, ps2020 said:

I applied and haven't gotten an e-mail :/. Assuming if I do not receive one during standard business hours (9-5pm pacific) it means I didn't get an interview...unless there's reason to think they might send it later in the day.

14 hours ago, lolhelp said:

Also applied and have not gotten an email. But I find it so weird that I've literally seen nothing about UC Davis on the results page today; do y'all think their interview invites are possibly delayed!? I just find it too weird nobody has posted receiving an invite from them. 

Well, I hope they're delayed, because I would really love to receive an invite from them. ?

12 hours ago, goldenxpenguins said:

I applied to UC Davis, but for their Human Development program. I assume you applied for Developmental Psych? I hope you hear back soon! 

Thank you all for responding! I haven't heard back and saw a couple of results posted...My POI made it clear during our pre-application contact that he is interested in me but wasn't sure about taking in a new student so I kind of expected it ? Still hurts. Wish us all the best with other schools!

I got an invite to visit the FIU campus.  Wow!  I'm labeling this as a formal interview invite as the informal interview is now over (it was this morning), I'll get to meet my POI once more, and I'll also get a chance to check-out how I "vibe," per se, with the campus.  In my honest opinion, my overall "fit" with my potential mentor is a good one, so I feel nice about this invite.  Hopefully, all goes well with the visit, and I enjoy being on the campus.  That would all be helpful!

34 minutes ago, cupidcello said:

I got an invite to visit the FIU campus.  Wow!  I'm labeling this as a formal interview invite as the informal interview is now over (it was this morning), I'll get to meet my POI once more, and I'll also get a chance to check-out how I "vibe," per se, with the campus.  In my honest opinion, my overall "fit" with my potential mentor is a good one, so I feel nice about this invite.  Hopefully, all goes well with the visit, and I enjoy being on the campus.  That would all be helpful!

Congrats!! 

44 minutes ago, cupidcello said:

Congratulations! What were the POI's initials if you don't mind sharing. 

46 minutes ago, cupidcello said:

Congratulations!!! I am super excited for you! Hopefully you will have some free time to explore the overall city as well

I still have some questions lingering regarding UC Davis interview invitations!

Did anyone notice a few different posts asking about dev psych interview invitations in the results page appearing throughout the day but all has been removed except for one? (maybe this last one will also get removed soon) Does the gradcafe manager deletes irrelevant "results" to keep the page tidy? (But I saw many similar posts asking for POI initials, etc for other psych areas or different fields...)

Also, why do none of the few results posts about UC Davis specify which psych area?

CURIOUS!

I mentioned this in the social/personality thread, but I got an invite for UC Berkeley. The prof is in both the social and developmental areas, but I was invited through Social. Not sure what this means for developmental people - but I got an official invite from my area, and then the dept as a whole.

I think I will be having my first informal phone interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I received an email this morning from one of my POIs asking to chat with me tomorrow to learn more about my research interests and fit with their program, does this count? I was so surprised when their name popped up in my inbox because I didn't email them before I applied to ask whether they were taking students since I already knew they were, so I wasn't used to seeing their name lol. 

9 hours ago, goldenxpenguins said:

I think I will be having my first informal phone interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I received an email this morning from one of my POIs asking to chat with me tomorrow to learn more about my research interests and fit with their program, does this count? I was so surprised when their name popped up in my inbox because I didn't email them before I applied to ask whether they were taking students since I already knew they were, so I wasn't used to seeing their name lol. 

Personally, I would say: yes, this counts and is an informal interview!  At the very least, I would say that this is a step in the right direction.  Congrats, and best wishes for a successful chat!

39 minutes ago, cupidcello said:

Personally, I would say: yes, this counts and is an informal interview!  At the very least, I would say that this is a step in the right direction.  Congrats, and best wishes for a successful chat!

Thank you so much! 

14 hours ago, goldenxpenguins said:

Congratulations!! I would totally consider this an informal interview! I am excited for you, and I hope you have a great conversation with your POI!

16 minutes ago, n.tux.9 said:

Has anyone heard from Penn State? I heard they are supposed to send out interview invitations by the end of this week.

3 minutes ago, devpsych2020 said:

I am also waiting since that email last week. Haven't heard anything yet!

I also have yet to hear back from Penn State... I woke up frantically checking my email to see if they sent out invites, but nothing yet.... I am totally holding my breath waiting for a response because this is one of my top choices!

14 minutes ago, emotional said:

Congratulations!! I would totally consider this an informal interview! I am excited for you, and I hope you have a great conversation with your POI!

I also have yet to hear back from Penn State... I woke up frantically checking my email to see if they sent out invites, but nothing yet.... I am totally holding my breath waiting for a response because this is one of my top choices!

I feel you. Let's persevere through this big day, ya'll. I am on the west coast and I've received my other invitations from schools in the east around lunch time here, so maybe Penn State will do the same...

42 minutes ago, emotional said:

I am in the same boat! I figured "by the end of this week" meant we would hear mid week