Fall 2020 Developmental Psychology PhD

justacigar

7 hours ago, emotional said:

Congratulations!! I would totally consider this an informal interview! I am excited for you, and I hope you have a great conversation with your POI!

I also have yet to hear back from Penn State... I woke up frantically checking my email to see if they sent out invites, but nothing yet.... I am totally holding my breath waiting for a response because this is one of my top choices!

Thank you so much! I think it went pretty well. I was excited up until I started counting down the minutes for her to call me and then I got really nervous, but it ended up being more of a conversation than an actual interview. 

6 hours ago, Ravenwood8 said:

I got the invite as well! Congratulations!

6 hours ago, emotional said:

Congrats!! I am so happy and excited for all of us!

It's wild to think that now I will be booking travel arrangements for an interview weekend. It became that much more real, tangible, and within grasp! AHH!!

Thank you! Hope everyone reading this post spends relaxing holidays and gets fully recharged to prepare for all these interviews ??

On 12/19/2019 at 12:16 AM, Lioness said:

Has anyone applied to/heard from the human development and public policy program at Georgetown?

Hey,

I applied but I haven't heard anything yet. 

On 12/19/2019 at 12:00 PM, cupidcello said:

I got an invite to visit the FIU campus.  Wow!  I'm labeling this as a formal interview invite as the informal interview is now over (it was this morning), I'll get to meet my POI once more, and I'll also get a chance to check-out how I "vibe," per se, with the campus.  In my honest opinion, my overall "fit" with my potential mentor is a good one, so I feel nice about this invite.  Hopefully, all goes well with the visit, and I enjoy being on the campus.  That would all be helpful!

I will also be at FIU in February! May I ask which POI? 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:12 AM, bht said:

Hey,

I applied but I haven't heard anything yet. 

Still nothing either for me. I saw one person on the results page who said they were emailed about an interview. Not clear whether it was an informal interview or invite to the interview weekends (Georgetown has done them in February the last few years). Best of luck!

1 hour ago, Lioness said:

Still nothing either for me. I saw one person on the results page who said they were emailed about an interview. Not clear whether it was an informal interview or invite to the interview weekends (Georgetown has done them in February the last few years). Best of luck!

Yess I saw it too, but I do not think that it is an official interview. I do not expect to hear anything until the winter breaks ends.  Good luck!!

2 hours ago, goldenxpenguins said:

If the person who posted on the results page about getting a preliminary skype interview for Cornell's Human Development program sees this message, would you mind DM'ing me your POI? Thank you and congratulations! 

Me too if you don't mind!

I just got an email from my top choice POI of all the programs I applied to about having an informal phone interview and I swear I almost passed out when I saw her name pop up in my inbox! I know it's only an informal interview, but I'm shocked I even got this far lol. 

10 hours ago, CatLady4Lyfe said:

Hi there! To the person who received an interview from Boston University - I'm curious who the PI was? Okay to answer here or PM me, whichever you feel more comfortable with :)

I second this, please and thank you!

1 hour ago, ResilientDreams said:

Who here is interviewing at Cornell?

Official invites haven't gone out yet. Based on the schedule last year (from the results page) they should go out this week or next (hope I get one!). Are you applying? ?

3 hours ago, DangerDave said:

Official invites haven't gone out yet. Based on the schedule last year (from the results page) they should go out this week or next (hope I get one!). Are you applying? ?

Darn it! I was over eager. I thought I remember getting my email this week last year. Umm. Sure hope I got in, because otherwise this past semester has been very confusing. ?

And you'll definitely get one ?

1 hour ago, mmmmcoffee said:

Hi guys,

just wondering - has anyone here heard anything from Penn State's HDFS program? 

Also, WUSTL official interview invites go out today/tomorrow I heard! Fingers crossed for everyone!

I didn't apply, but according to the results search one person has been accepted into that program. I know that Penn State sends out acceptances in waves, though, so I wouldn't take that to mean that no one will contact you.