Fall 2020 Developmental Psychology PhD

justacigar

Any news from Cornell (human dev), UMD college park (human dev), U of Chicago, U of Wis-Mad, or NYU Steinhardt??? 

Haven’t seen any interview uploads from these programs.... 

Just now, slothh said:

Any news from Cornell (human dev), UMD college park (human dev), U of Chicago, U of Wis-Mad, or NYU Steinhardt??? 

Also still waiting on U of Chicago, but seems like they told people around this time last year. 

20 minutes ago, slothh said:

Based on past results for Cornell, we should be hearing back about formal interviews in the next few days!

Edited by goldenxpenguins

28 minutes ago, goldenxpenguins said:

Based on past results for Cornell, we should be hearing back about formal interviews in the next few days!

Current Cornell student. Invites have not been extended yet and they are going really slowly. 

1 minute ago, ResilientDreams said:

Current Cornell student. Invites have not been extended yet and they are going really slowly. 

Hey, I hope your first year is going well! I figured they were going slowly, thanks for the update! 

23 minutes ago, ResilientDreams said:

I really hope to hear back this week.... 

9 hours ago, ResilientDreams said:

They've already asked us if we're able to host you guys for interview weekend so it will probably be soon!

Seems like it! I just received an invite for the Cornell interview - Feb 6-8th. (I'm the one posted in the results page). DM me if ya want POI initials, and good luck to ya all! No idea if they have sent out all or just some of them.

12 hours ago, Ravenwood8 said:

Has anyone heard anything from UNC Chapel Hill? 

Yes, I heard back from Chapel hill a couple weeks ago. Even though I am applying to the developmental program my POI is in Social. All my communications have been with the social department. It could be different if you applied to work with someone in the Developmental program. 

14 minutes ago, n.tux.9 said:

Is anyone else going crazy waiting to hear back from Minnesota? ?

I am waiting for Family Social Science phd program. I know that they will send out the invitations around late January and early February.

38 minutes ago, Alley said:

I heard from Maryland Human Development at Jan 2. Their recruitment days are Feb 6-7, and they invite 17 people. Not sure if all the invitations have been sent out.

Ahh, congrats! Would you mind sharing your PI with me? 

2 hours ago, n.tux.9 said:

Yes, I heard back from Chapel hill a couple weeks ago. Even though I am applying to the developmental program my POI is in Social. All my communications have been with the social department. It could be different if you applied to work with someone in the Developmental program. 

Thank you! Have you heard anything about an interview weekend? Did they move your application over to social or something since your PI is in social?

1 hour ago, Ravenwood8 said:

Thank you! Have you heard anything about an interview weekend? Did they move your application over to social or something since your PI is in social?

Yes, I was invited to an interview Feb. 7th. I have been communicating with the developmental program director. It is my understanding that I will have my interview with both Social and Developmental faculty. My POI and I skyped and she explained what it would like like for me to be in the developmental program and have a social mentor, but she didn't explain anything regarding my application. Wish I could help more! 

1 hour ago, justacigar said:

YUP. Especially because they don't do interviews, just straight up acceptance or rejections. I just want to know! Ahhh!

Yeah! I face timed with my POI in September, but I haven't heard much since then. I'm going crazy! I hope we hear early next week. 

6 minutes ago, n.tux.9 said:

Yeah! I face timed with my POI in September, but I haven't heard much since then. I'm going crazy! I hope we hear early next week. 

Oh wow, yeah that is super early. I had a phone convo with mine, but those seem pretty standard for that program. Trying not to get my hopes up but that program is like my last hope, lol