Fall 2020 Developmental Psychology PhD

justacigar

If the person who posted on the results page that they got accepted to UC Riverside sees this message, can you please DM me your POI and whether you did a preliminary interview with them? Thanks and congratulations! 

13 hours ago, goldenxpenguins said:

If the person who posted on the results page that they got accepted to UC Riverside sees this message, can you please DM me your POI and whether you did a preliminary interview with them? Thanks and congratulations! 

If the person who posted on the result page can DM me your UCR POI initials too, I would greatly appreciate!

When your phone rings and you see that the caller ID says "Ithaca, NY" so your heart begins to race because you think Cornell is calling you, but it's really just a telemarketer ?. I know it's early January, but can someone please just take me out of my misery?

4 minutes ago, goldenxpenguins said:

When your phone rings and you see that the caller ID says "Ithaca, NY" so your heart begins to race because you think Cornell is calling you, but it's really just a telemarketer ?. I know it's early January, but can someone please just take me out of my misery?

omg! that would completely throw me off balance lol. I've been so on edge since January and 2020 began... trying to grapple with the unknown is far harder than i imagined with this whole grad application process x_x

1 minute ago, emotional said:

omg! that would completely throw me off balance lol. I've been so on edge since January and 2020 began... trying to grapple with the unknown is far harder than i imagined with this whole grad application process x_x

Out of all the places a telemarketer could have called me from, they chose a city where one of my schools is located. Why? Because the universe obviously hates me lol. I was okay with the waiting process in the beginning, but then when POIs started reaching out to me, it made everything more real. It's worse because I know we should be hearing back from some of our programs soon and the wait is killing me!

I think Georgetown has sent out the invitations. However I did not get a rejection e-mail. I guess this is the time to stop hoping and move on, right?

2 hours ago, bht said:

I think Georgetown has sent out the invitations. However I did not get a rejection e-mail. I guess this is the time to stop hoping and move on, right?

I saw that, however it was one person and they also said they were invited "for interview weekend from Jan 6th -8th" for interviews, which is not a weekend. If that person sees this, could you let us know your POI initials and whether you indeed interviewed earlier this week or you meant February or March 3-6? 

I'm still keeping hope alive!

11 minutes ago, Lioness said:

I saw that, however it was one person and they also said they were invited "for interview weekend from Jan 6th -8th" for interviews, which is not a weekend. If that person sees this, could you let us know your POI initials and whether you indeed interviewed earlier this week or you meant February or March 3-6? 

I'm still keeping hope alive!

Yes I noticed the same glitch. I could not resist, and sent an e-mail to Georgetown to ask whether they sent official interviews or not. I will let you know if they will reply.

5 minutes ago, devpsych2020 said:

Which one is it? If you don't mind sharing.

University of Minnesota! Technically the developmental psychopathology and clinical science program. And it's a bit terrifying because they don't conduct interviews - just straight up acceptance or rejection. 

Just now, justacigar said:

University of Minnesota! Technically the developmental psychopathology and clinical science program. And it's a bit terrifying because they don't conduct interviews - just straight up acceptance or rejection. 

I applied to UMN Developmental track! I thought the psychopathology and clinical program basically counts as clinical ? 

But yes...I feel your terror. I would be happy get on their waitlist.

9 minutes ago, devpsych2020 said:

I applied to UMN Developmental track! I thought the psychopathology and clinical program basically counts as clinical ? 

But yes...I feel your terror. I would be happy get on their waitlist.

It sort of does cause you have to be accepted by both programs. Yikes. When I applied I didn't realize they were number one in the nation for developmental sooo I don't feel great about my chances haha

3 minutes ago, justacigar said:

It sort of does cause you have to be accepted by both programs.

Oh wow. 

For some reason (probably because they don't do interviews) ICD admissions process feels very mysterious. Also, I surprising couldn't find much info on grad cafe about people who got accepted, etc...

Just now, devpsych2020 said:

Oh wow. 

For some reason (probably because they don't do interviews) ICD admissions process feels very mysterious. Also, I surprising couldn't find much info on grad cafe about people who got accepted, etc...

Agreed. There isn't much of a record on GradCafe, and their website is sort of hard to use. They don't have it set up like traditional program sites, no FAQs. One thing I hate about Dev is they don't provide student admissions data!

9 minutes ago, justacigar said:

One thing I hate about Dev is they don't provide student admissions data!

AGREED. They direct you to the psychology department stats which really isn't helpful since ICD is super independent from the regular psych department. Let's hold on tight. I am expecting the announcements to be made between 18th-20th...according to the past results.

Hello everyone! Wondering did someone else heard from the developmental psychology program at NYU Steinhardt? The application deadline was Dec 1st but my professor did not submit the LOR until Dec 16th. Does anyone know whether the delay will impact the review of the application or not? Thanks!

9 hours ago, devpsych2020 said:

I honestly thought we would start getting blasts of emails (good or bad) starting this week but it's been so quiet...Except for clinical folks. Does anyone else think things are running super slow this cycle? What is happening!

I think the winter break will be over next week, and they start to review the applications. It can mean that maybe we have wait for another week :( This is killing me!!

7 hours ago, joy66888 said:

Hello everyone! Wondering did someone else heard from the developmental psychology program at NYU Steinhardt? The application deadline was Dec 1st but my professor did not submit the LOR until Dec 16th. Does anyone know whether the delay will impact the review of the application or not? Thanks!

Did you apply through the cognition stream? I applied to cognitive psych to work through a developmental prof and got an interview invite almost a month ago now. I was contacted prior to Dec 16th, so the LOR delay probably impacted your chances :( 

8 hours ago, joy66888 said:

I applied to Steinhardt and I have yet to hear anything back. I am anticipating in the next week or two, they should letting us to know if we are invited for an interview (but this is me just guessing). It may be worth checking in with the grad coordinator with your question about how one of your LOR arrived later may impact your application?