2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

2 minutes ago, t_lulu said:

Hey! Not the same person that posted before, but I also got an informal invitation for MIT

They haven't sent the official email yet (I can let you know when they do) - fingers are crossed for you!!

Congrats!!! Can I ask what your POI’s specialization/research area is?!

44 minutes ago, neuroguy177 said:

University of Washington Seattle Neuroscience? 

I think someone on the result page said they've sent out all invitations. Sadly I didn't get one :( somehow I thought it would be a safe choice

Just now, RobertMoog said:

Any internationals got Harvard PiN yet? I guess they have sent all invitations and I'm just not qualified. 

Harvard invites, mind sharing your stats? 

Hey, unfortunately I think Harvard PiN is already done with sending invitations including international students :( they've already started arranging the interview weekend for everyone. I think this year was especially competitive w/ more applicants than last year

GPA 3.89, GRE 159 V / 163 Q / 4.0 W

Worked in my PI's lab since aug 2018, co author on biorxiv manuscript.

I hope you hear good news from your other programs! Good luck!!

43 minutes ago, RobertMoog said:

Any internationals got Harvard PiN yet? I guess they have sent all invitations and I'm just not qualified. 

Harvard invites, mind sharing your stats? 

I got it.. 3.99/4.00 Computer Science, Neuroscience Major. 3 years research experience. No publication one abstract submitted to conference. Few presentations and fellowship award at my school.

14 hours ago, mabelgoestophd said:

Yes, same. But haven't seen many PhD programs in US with Jan deadlines. If you don't mind sharing which one have you seen.. I thought I might apply to Master's then cause haven't anything from few PhD programs I applied to...

And no I haven't seen one US PhD with Jan. deadlines yet, not as I remember. A lot in UK and Canada (almost any one you can think of) are open further till Feb and even later (without fundings). I haven't applied for any one yet, was busy and lazy in filling the apps...

How about masters in US? Have you seen any and would you mind sharing? 

1 hour ago, lencarn said:

25 interviews? That is wild. I am excited! Looks like it will be a fun weekend. 

There might be more interviews, they will eventually send 25 offers( do not guarantee). PiN is really brutal, but they also have really outstanding students. You will enjoy it and meet great people there.