2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

3 hours ago, biogirl77 said:

I’ve been waiting on UMass Amherst too, I feel your pain!

Drexel College of Medicine or Drexel main campus? DUCOM already sent invites and has had two interview weekends already and main is having their interview next weekend, so I assume they sent out interview invites. @NervousNeuro sorry  quoted the wrong person!

Edited by LilAstro

22 minutes ago, LilAstro said:

Drexel College of Medicine or Drexel main campus? DUCOM already sent invites and has had two interview weekends already and main is having their interview next weekend, so I assume they sent out interview invites. @NervousNeuro sorry  quoted the wrong person!

... Ah, well that's hard to hear lol. Guess I'm just waiting for my rejection now ?

15 minutes ago, NervousNeuro said:

... Ah, well that's hard to hear lol. Guess I'm just waiting for my rejection now ?

I mean, it's not over until you get a rejection! DUCOM won't be making any decision until mid Feb - mid March, so there still might be hope!

2 minutes ago, LilAstro said:

I mean, it's not over until you get a rejection! DUCOM won't be making any decision until mid Feb - mid March, so there still might be hope!

Hopefully there still might be hope!

But sorry to ask this same question again - are there any cases in neuroscience programs in previous years that a student did not get an interview, but eventually got an offer?

1 hour ago, Polar said:

Hopefully there still might be hope!

But sorry to ask this same question again - are there any cases in neuroscience programs in previous years that a student did not get an interview, but eventually got an offer?

I'm not sure, this is my first time applying lol, but I have heard stories... not sure if they're true or an urban legend ?

1 hour ago, NervousNeuro said:

You're right, thanks! Will continue to be neurotic and nervous until then!! Have you gotten an interview invite already?

So far DUCOM has been my only interview (on Jan 15/16), hoping to get an offer bc I absolutely loved it! Crossing my fingers for you that you get an interview!

38 minutes ago, LilAstro said:

So far DUCOM has been my only interview (on Jan 15/16), hoping to get an offer bc I absolutely loved it! Crossing my fingers for you that you get an interview!

Ahhh that's so exciting! Seriously rooting for you to get admitted!! (': Did they tell you when you'd hear back after the interview? Or does everyone hear back mid-Feb to mid-March?

1 hour ago, tbk86 said:

They sent me an email that there was an update on my portal.

Prob bc we applied to different tracks but thanks.

16 minutes ago, zebrafishfan said:

Has anyone heard back from Columbia after going to the first interview weekend?

Does anyone know if they sent out invites for second interview weekend?

47 minutes ago, NervousNeuro said:

Sorry about the rejection, bud. Not all rejections though so you're still in the game!

Its just making me crazy.By this time Brown had sent out rejections.As for my application nothing .When l asked about an update on my account the only thing l heard was that my application was complete and the new phone numbers were added.Does anyone know if University of Oklahoma,graduate program in Biomedical sciences with the neuroscience track,if they have interviews.

Edited by tbk86

2 hours ago, tbk86 said:

Its just making me crazy.By this time Brown had sent out rejections.As for my application nothing .When l asked about an update on my account the only thing l heard was that my application was complete and the new phone numbers were added.Does anyone know if University of Oklahoma,graduate program in Biomedical sciences with the neuroscience track,if they have interviews.

Yeah I hear you this entire process is grueling!! You have 2 more choices right? We still have 2 months to go don’t lose hope! 

Unfortunately idk about Oklahoma but hopefully someone else knows!

On 1/30/2020 at 9:28 PM, NervousNeuro said:

Anyone here anything from UMass Amherst, Drexel, or Casewestern? Been radio silent for me and I’m freaking out ?

Only UMass - I heard they're doing interviews mid Feb sorry ? You might try emailing admissions or POI?

On 1/31/2020 at 10:30 AM, tbk86 said:

Have  rejections from Brown Neuroscience been sent out.My list is dwindling

1.       Brown Neuroscience (Waiting)

2.       Oklahoma Neuroscience (Waiting)

3.       NYU BBS (Rejection)

4.       Penn State BBS(Rejection)

5.       Yale BBS (Rejection)

6. Cornell BBS (Rejection)

Can confirm that Brown is done sending out interview invitations! 

I saw some people have gotten interviews and some have gotten rejections from Johns Hopkins, but I have not heard anything. Should I consider myself “waitlisted” as of now?