2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

On 1/12/2020 at 7:07 AM, mmalam294 said:

Congratulations! Wish you all the best for your upcoming interview(s). I hope I get an interview from Einstein. Definitely want to stay in the NYC area since my wife just started her law school here

Thank you, that's so kind!  I also hope you get an interview.  They have rolling admissions so I think there is still a huge chance!

7 hours ago, pinkmug said:

For all of you bitting your nails off waiting to hear back from Stanford - I emailed them and this is what they just (one min ago) said :

Dear .___,

In the coming week, the committees will start to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. The selected applicants will be invited to interview, at our expense, arriving on Wednesday, March 4 and departing on Sunday, March 8, 2020. This is our only interview session. Highly qualified applicants residing in other countries and for whom a visit would not be possible may be selected for a telephone interview.

In general, if an applicant has not heard about a possible invitation by late January, it is unlikely that he or she will be invited to Stanford or admitted. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will receive a letter which states that no further action will be taken on their application by the Committee on Graduate Admissions and Policy.

Best regards,

Stanford Biosciences

What if you are not reachable through phone ? I am currently traveling. 

58 minutes ago, Mimititi said:

UW Madison NTP just sent an email saying that some invites went out and that they will be making decisions in early March and will be in touch by then or before. Anyone else get this?

I did not receive this email, but I did receive an interview invite mid-December.

1 minute ago, MolaMola said:

I did not receive this email, but I did receive an interview invite mid-December.

I did not get the interview (I only applied to one POI so not a surprise) but I did get this. I’m assuming they are holding applicants in reserve or just not making final choices until after they see who accepts offers. 

3 hours ago, spineyneuron said:

Anyone else not heard anything from Hopkins? Saw that some interviews went out, then some more and someone said they got a rejection?

I got a rejection from Hopkins Neuro but in the email the person said "faculty expressed interest" in my application with respect to their Psych program and would I be interested in having them review it. So I said yes ?

6 hours ago, LilAstro said:

UPenn is done sending out invites ?

How do you know? I kinda assumed I would be rejected, but I was holding onto some hope :(

15 hours ago, Jbatt said:

How do you know? I kinda assumed I would be rejected, but I was holding onto some hope :(

I emailed them about my application. They may have a small reserve, but it seemed like they're done. They did say they had over 500 applicants for the program and they only offer a handful of spots.

21 hours ago, Mimititi said:

UW Madison NTP just sent an email saying that some invites went out and that they will be making decisions in early March and will be in touch by then or before. Anyone else get this?

I got the same email! Don't know what this means, but at least it is not a rejection.