2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

19 hours ago, gaultiero said:

I see, so intls are not considered in a separate 'queue'?

Well, unfortunately no. Decisions are made possibly considering all students interviewing - I think. Some schools might function differently. But I guess interviewing is already a good sign :) 

1 hour ago, Anonyneuron said:

I saw a couple people got interviews to BU GPN. Should I hold onto any hope, or have all invites gone out?! 

Why don't you write to the department? When I wrote to them last week, I heard that there might be batches and that they were going to send out their first batch soon. Reaching out might help you ease your tension. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, islandxmelody said:

I got an email that they're meeting again this week to make final decisions, and should let us know soon. Not sure how soon though.

Thanks! I just asked them and they tell me that the decisions will come out at the end of next week? I am confused.

4 hours ago, sirt3 said:

has anyone been rejected from harvard yet? I know they already accepted people to PiN im just trying to determine if they're one of those schools who never send out rejections

I'm still waiting for Harvard to reject me. 

I'm a second year PhD student. 

On 1/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, Sammetabolite said:

Have you gone for the interview? I am still expecting the invite. Although, I am an international applicant already in US

I have. They will be sending out offers on Monday for my weekend. I know some people have interviews as late as March though, so I think they’re still rolling through applications! 

Now that application season is winding down, where has everyone committed/is going to commit? Hope to see you all at future SfNs/conferences and wish you all the best of luck in your career!

I have committed to Drexel University College of Medicine for the PhD program in Neuroscience!

1 hour ago, LilAstro said:

Now that application season is winding down, where has everyone committed/is going to commit? Hope to see you all at future SfNs/conferences and wish you all the best of luck in your career!

I have committed to Drexel University College of Medicine for the PhD program in Neuroscience!

You got admitted to Drexel? CONGRATS!!! Proud of you girl ?

1 hour ago, LilAstro said:

Congrats! I've heard great things about Drexel. I have one more interview but I am deciding between Iowa's Genetics program (applied to neuroscience but got routed to genetics instead) and the Behavioral and Neural Sciences program at Rutgers-Newark. 

Anyone know much about the Newark area? I'm not sure how far the stipend will go somewhere that close to NYC.