Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

I made a Facebook Group for the " One Year HBSW Lakehead Orillia 2020-2021" year, please join the group if you've been offered admission and accepted the offer 

Pass the link on to anyone you know who is going to the Orillia HBSW program :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162828465085217/

Excited to meet you all !

Edited by PESocialW

Hey everyone 

Was admitted to u Windsor for their two year program at the beginning of this month. Are there many people going there in the fall in this thread?

On 4/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Ihatethissomuch said:

So I’m not certain, but from what I’ve read on the forums if you don’t hear from York right away it means you’re waitlisted. Instead of notifying people they are waitlisted,  they keep the applications in a sort of limbo, and if a position becomes available you’ll be offered admission. If not, eventually you‘ll get a rejection. 

It’s a pretty shitty way of doing it in my opinion, and I may be wrong - but that’s what it seems like from here. 

I can confirm that this is 100% true. It's the WORST way to do us, especially during these times. When this is all over and I find out my status, I am going to complain. How does every other uni send out waitlist letters? WE ARE GETTING YORK'D Y'ALL

On 4/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, therise said:

Hey everyone 

Was admitted to u Windsor for their two year program at the beginning of this month. Are there many people going there in the fall in this thread?

Congrats! I will be there too :)

1687721060_yorkmsw.thumb.png.7950dfa9c681fec9bc642cf7d420d250.png

PS. Mailed York's admission. This was their response.

I'm personally not expecting to get in because even though I have a strong academic background in social justice studies and sociology and a Masters in public health, much of my experience is in research. i do have experience at the Crisis centre but  not much front-line work apart from that :( 

On 4/23/2020 at 10:16 AM, MSWMissy said:

Wow! That is fantastic! Thanks for letting me know. By the way, the person I spoke with said the new training is posted around 1 o'clock next Monday, so I'd check back around then. This week I received the email at 1:30, tried to register at about 2:30 and everything was already full!! It is so competitive and massively frustrating. Glad I am not the only one frustrated by this. 

Hey! So i'm trying to register and there's still no openings?? Were you able to?

2 hours ago, SocialWorkMSW said:

Hey! So i'm trying to register and there's still no openings?? Were you able to?

Hey! Nothing yet! I sent an email to the coordinator, so will keep you posted when I hear back. She told me last week there would be new training cohorts posted today. This is so frustrating. 

4 hours ago, mswmsw2020 said:

Hey! Does anyone have any valuable and free online course suggestions? 

Coursera has some great options. I've been taking a course called Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health Through COVID-19, taught by a U of T Psychology professor and it is great. Here's the link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/manage-health-covid-19 There are a ton of great options and all free! 

I got accepted into York's 1 Year BSW program on the 24th (just got the email today), but I declined as I got into a MSW program. So hopefully others will hear shortly about their programs at York. 

On 4/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, therise said:

Hey everyone 

Hey, congrats!! Did you apply to the Windsor or Peel campus? I got into the one for Working Professionals in Peel. 

First time posting. Really appreciated reading through all of your posts. 

I'm feeling quite nervous and silly now for applying to MSW so late in the year— but the deadline is May 1st. 

Has anyone heard back from UWIN 16 month Advance Standing (w BSW)? I just sent in my application, it seems as though I should expect a wait list? Or has one been started? 

Thank you for your time!

7 hours ago, Roo15 said:

Hey, congrats!! Did you apply to the Windsor or Peel campus? I got into the one for Working Professionals in Peel. 

Hi, congratulations on getting accepted! If you don't mind, would you be able to share what average you had going in, and how many years of experience you had? 

12 hours ago, Roo15 said:

Windsor campus!