MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

On 3/3/2020 at 3:58 PM, Andyarthol said:

Have you heard back from GSU? 

Hi @Andyarthol,

I decided against applying to GSU after visiting. I didn't feel like the photo faculty was a right fit for me and the funding was too low to live. 

I hope things go well for you!

I scheduled an interview with my target program, but was never called for it. Even though I followed up after waiting a few weeks, I haven't heard from them. It's been a month since I've heard anything. Can I assume I've been rejected?

4 minutes ago, guccimane said:

I scheduled an interview with my target program, but was never called for it. Even though I followed up after waiting a few weeks, I haven't heard from them. It's been a month since I've heard anything. Can I assume I've been rejected?

If I was in your position, I would try calling them instead of email. Seems bizarre that you would schedule an interview and then be rejected without having one. 

On 3/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, zzc said:

They probably have contacted all accepted candidates by now. You can also check your status here: http://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx

Aww Thank you!! Did you get any info on there? Mine says this when I log in : 

To date, no decision has been made on your application.

Please note that most decisions on graduate admissions for fall term are made in the months of March and April and therefore you should not anticipate a decision much before that time period.

Update the process of mfa painting/art

Accepted: Parsons SAIC Mica
UPenn interviewed; NYU interview next week;USC Interviewed, the faculty said the result would come out next week

rej:Yale 

nothing from Risd 

Edited by emox4ever

27 minutes ago, emox4ever said:

Update the process of mfa painting/art

Accepted: Parsons SAIC Mica
UPenn interviewed; NYU interview next week;USC Interviewed, the faculty said the result would come out next week

rej:Yale 

nothing from Risd 

When did Parsons email? 

9 hours ago, lalalalalalalalalala said:

Please note that most decisions on graduate admissions for fall term are made in the months of March and April and therefore you should not anticipate a decision much before that time period.

Mine says the same. April would be rough..

12 hours ago, lalalalalalalalalala said:

Mine was updated.. also received an email that says the result has come out last night

On 3/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, hinata said:

Hi @Andyarthol,

I decided against applying to GSU after visiting. I didn't feel like the photo faculty was a right fit for me and the funding was too low to live. 

I hope things go well for you!

How was your visit? What did you think of the faculty and program? I haven’t had the chance to see this in person and am going off their website, and faculty. Was there anything off putting about the faculty, candidates, artwork??

Edited by Andyarthol

54 minutes ago, lalalalalalalalalala said:

What did it say? We’re you accepted? What program did you apply for? Mine still says no decision, wondering if that means I should assume it’s a no 

I was accepted into the new genres. They called me about one week after the interview. It was only until two days ago that my application status changed to being accepted.

Just now, lalalalalalalalalala said:

What department did you apply to at UCLA ? 

Painting. Sorry, I see now that you applied to a different department, so my (lack of) info is unhelpful