MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

5 hours ago, jberma01 said:

Does anyone have any info about the MSW program at Yeshiva? 

program quality and focus? acceptance rate? 

Hey! I did get accepted into the program but I'm not sure about attending because I'm unsure of how religious the programs focus will be and im unable to find any great reviews online. 

On 3/11/2020 at 9:10 AM, perfectamity said:

Don't assume the worst. Maybe they want you so bad but are trying to see if they can find money from different sources to give you a larger offer. 

Let me know! I interviewed on Monday.

Thank you for the kind words! They still haven’t gotten back to me... which is kinda weird. The last time I contacted them, they told me that my application was still under review. It’s been almost three weeks 

I've gotten acceptances from both programs I'd applied to, Stony Brook and Hunter. The long waiting game is over for me, but now I only have about a week and a half to make a decision on where to attend in the Fall. Hopefully you all will be hearing back soon if you haven't heard back already.

43 minutes ago, StressedOutSandy said:

I’ve heard nothing! But I did submit on deadline day. Hopefully you hear back soon. 

I heard back today at 2PM that I got accepted! I also submitted on deadline day. I called them yesterday to ask when they would release admissions and he said they had started but that they won't be done until the end of next week. Hoping you hear back soon :)

A lot of schools are closed right now. Does anyone know if this affects their decision rendering timeline? Asking this because Penn hasn’t gotten back to me for three weeks... every time I asked them, they just gave me some approximate dates, but my decision was never released on those days. I was always nervous all the time on those days, but nothing happened lol 
They told me last Friday that my application was under faculty review... and this Tuesday they told me that I’d hear something on Wednesday... the waiting’s stressing me out ?

Edited by msw2020waiting

5 hours ago, lattes&equality said:

I received an email from UCLA yesterday notifying me that I’m waitlisted. I have already committed to UC Berkeley but it still stings a little to not get in! Congrats to everyone who was accepted! 

UCB is extremely competitive, so maybe ucla waitlisted you because they think you are over-qualified!

Edited by msw2020waiting

On 3/13/2020 at 9:58 PM, msw2020waiting said:

On another note, I heard back from UGA today. I got in! I’m excited & waiting for their financial package

Omg I applied to UGA too! When did you submit your app? I submitted on the deadline and still haven’t even gotten my login for the results portal.

1 hour ago, Allanaj said:

Omg I applied to UGA too! When did you submit your app? I submitted on the deadline and still haven’t even gotten my login for the results portal.

I applied one day before the deadline. They didn’t message me the login either, so I emailed their IT department 10 days after I submitted my application! 

7 hours ago, Allanaj said:

Has anyone heard from Columbia recently? They’ve been quiet. 

I heard back on the 10th and they said I will hear on fin aid within 2 weeks. Things might be delayed with universities due to COVID-19 perhaps. 

6 hours ago, Behaviorscience said:

You should check your portal I got an answer! I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! Hope you get a nice financial package too!!!

Mine's still not updated yet. I applied right before midnight on 01/15, but one of my recommenders uploaded her letter a few days later. Idk if this is the reason... but anyways... fingers crossed!

30 minutes ago, msw2020waiting said:

Mine's still not updated yet. I applied right before midnight on 01/15, but one of my recommenders uploaded her letter a few days later. Idk if this is the reason... but anyways... fingers crossed!

Lol same re: applying right before the deadline and having a recommendation letter turned in a few days after. Maybe we’ll hear something tomorrow 

8 hours ago, msw2020waiting said:

Thank you they are giving me 10k per year. Not the biggest but I will see if they can do better lol. Fingers crossed you hear something soon

On 3/15/2020 at 9:10 AM, msw2020waiting said:

I applied one day before the deadline. They didn’t message me the login either, so I emailed their IT department 10 days after I submitted my application! 

This helps so much- thank you! How is the financial aid offer vs tuition looking? They’re much more affordable than other universities and in-state but ? 

2 hours ago, Allanaj said:

This helps so much- thank you! How is the financial aid offer vs tuition looking? They’re much more affordable than other universities and in-state but ? 

I’m an international student, and I haven’t gotten any info about my financial package yet. I’ll let you know if I hear anything