2020 FALL APPLICATION VENTING THREAD

toolkitsocio

23 minutes ago, lkaitlyn said:

I got into my first choice for undergrad and it was the most miserable four years of my life. Sometimes rejections can be a blessing.

We only think we know what is right for us, Perhaps!
I am thinking the same way now. May be these rejections are not as much as closed doors but routes towards what would be right for me. 

Edited by toolkitsocio

1 hour ago, toolkitsocio said:

We only think we know what is right for us, Perhaps!
I am thinking the same way now. May be these rejections are not as much as closed doors but routes towards what would be right for me. 

I'm hoping if I remind myself of this repeatedly, I'll be in less pain at the end of the week. ?

12 minutes ago, lkaitlyn said:

If you don't mind my asking, what are you waiting on this week? (I ask as if we actually know what comes out when haha.)

I think Berkeley usually comes out around the 28th/30th so that’s a possibility this week. 

UC Riverside told me in December decisions would be released in January 2020 BUT historically they don’t usually release them until February so I don’t know what to think on that point! 

10 minutes ago, lkaitlyn said:

I almost wish there was a single day when all decisions came out, but then I'd probably be even more nervous for that, so I'm not sure if that would help anything.

Honestly me too. The time difference between the schools I applied to and where I’m currently living means I end up staying up into the middle of the night every night just waiting for a what if they reply now! Could really do with channeling my panic/anxiety into a singular day!

On 1/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, Soc_Gen23 said:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application? I submitted in late December and haven't heard back. Congrats by the way!

I also submitted in late December, but I have no idea if all acceptances were sent out when I received mine! Sorry I can't be of more help...

17 minutes ago, lkaitlyn said:

Stanford emailed applicants and told us they were trying to release decisions the second week of February, so I doubt they’d come out this week. 

Actually Wisconsin-Madison too! I just checked my mails. They have mentioned the same. 

23 minutes ago, sosososoc said:

I also submitted in late December, but I have no idea if all acceptances were sent out when I received mine! Sorry I can't be of more help...

I did as well. I didn't know if I was the only one who submitted late in December so I feel a bit better. Good luck to you! ?

Historically, it also seems like decisions from UT Austin come out this week. Anyone waiting on those too?

Also, just out of curiosity, who out is looking to focus on immigration and focused their applications on that? I went immigration all the way and applied to UT, UCLA, UC Irvine, CUNY, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Princeton, Brown, Penn, and CU Boulder.

9 minutes ago, laselvanegra88 said:

Historically, it also seems like decisions from UT Austin come out this week. Anyone waiting on those too?

Also, just out of curiosity, who out is looking to focus on immigration and focused their applications on that? I went immigration all the way and applied to UT, UCLA, UC Irvine, CUNY, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Princeton, Brown, Penn, and CU Boulder.

Vanderbilt!
But not completely on immigration. It definitely is an analytic in my SOP.

3 minutes ago, laselvanegra88 said:

Hmm that is weird! I am wondering about Vanderbilt too... I wonder if they send it all out at once or little by little. Anyone claiming Vanderbilt?

I got the email from Vanderbilt today. It was a stock acceptance email from the graduate admission director; she said that official letters will be sent in the next few weeks. I don't know if everything was sent out at once, only what I got! 

4 hours ago, laselvanegra88 said:

I am as well - Prior year results would make it seem that we should know by the end of the week.

Have you heard anything from them? Other programs had interviews and such, but I'm not sure what the protocol is for this particular program. I didn't see any interview listings on the results page either.

Edited by shookienewman
adding question

1 hour ago, DisciplineSwitcher97 said:

New Account. Just got rejected from Notre Dame today (first decision letter). I'm surprised, I really thought I had a chance. I felt like it was one of the most generic rejection letters I have ever gotten. I have 5 schools left. Only had an interview with Rutgers and Irvine hasn't sent me anything yet. ?

Hang in there! I also had a Rutgers interview and am waiting on Irvine... thinking it's a no at this point. Did your POI at Rutgers tell you when to expect a response? How did it go? Mine seemed pretty informal and conversational.