Applying to NPSIA - MUNK - Fall 2020

8 minutes ago, ah_097 said:

Dang - nothing yet. To those who are accepted, did you status move back to in review first? Mines still at Recommended for Assessment. . 

Mine was still recommended for assesment when I got my unofficial acceptance. And the website still hasn't changed

7 minutes ago, ah_097 said:

Dang - nothing yet. To those who are accepted, did you status move back to in review first? Mines still at Recommended for Assessment. . 

Hang on.. It'll show up.

Just now, theGoodGhosts said:

Yeah, I think we all went through the stages @schneebz laid out up above:  preliminary review in progress > recommended for assessment > review in progress by department.

Funny enough I didn't get the "review in progress" alert.   It's still showing recommended...   weird...

1 minute ago, Hawkmoon said:

Hang on.. It'll show up.

Funny enough I didn't get the "review in progress" alert.   It's still showing recommended...   weird...

Well, there goes my tidy little narrative! I retract my prior statement.

5 minutes ago, irnerd said:

Got an unofficial offer with a funding package! Don't know how much money though 

@irnerd Did it say that you'll recieve in a couple of weeks. My email said: unofficial offer, all official info including funding will be on carleton central in 1-2 weeks. Did you ger simular info

21 minutes ago, theGoodGhosts said:

Yeah, I think we all went through the stages @schneebz laid out up above:  preliminary review in progress > recommended for assessment > review in progress by department.

Yeah the process in the link I attached earlier: https://graduate.carleton.ca/application-status/ ... is garbage (as per my original comment). Past forums all say the same thing regarding getting offers at various stages of the process and going forwards/backwards randomly. Carleton Central is super glitchy and I think all of the recent confusion proves it.

Weirdly, this is the first time I've really had any issue with Carleton Central since transferring to Carleton a couple years ago...

Aside from the from the fact that it looks like it was designed in 1996.

Edited by theGoodGhosts

9 minutes ago, theGoodGhosts said:

Weirdly, this is the first time I've really had any issue with Carleton Central since transferring to Carleton a couple years ago...

Aside from the from the fact that it looks like it was designed in 1996.

haha     yeah I have flashbacks every time I login.  Windows 95 and Dreamweaver!!   

So from what I am getting first rounds of GSPIA and NPSIA are coming out this week and mayne next week.

Has anyone heard anything from Munk (or what does your status of application say)

4 minutes ago, martlets said:

my specialization is listed on carleton central under the "application details" tab - anyone else in diplomacy and foreign policy?

I got nothing on mine. Did you get accepted?

3 minutes ago, martlets said:

my specialization is listed on carleton central under the "application details" tab - anyone else in diplomacy and foreign policy?

So far only got an unofficial acceptance  with funding but it was my first choice of specialization and I'm hoping if I was able to get in I'd also make it for that. Currently nothing showing up for specialization though 

1 hour ago, ElleG said:

@irnerd Did it say that you'll recieve in a couple of weeks. My email said: unofficial offer, all official info including funding will be on carleton central in 1-2 weeks. Did you ger simular info

Yep it said funding info will come along with the official offer. Really curious because it could literally be any amount - I've read in previous forums some people get a few thousand while others essentially get over 10k.

Just now, irnerd said:

Yep it said funding info will come along with the official offer. Really curious because it could literally be any amount - I've read in previous forums some people get a few thousand while others essentially get over 10k.

yeah I got simular information informtion. I wonder if it matter which specilaization we got into. I think I am more curious which one I got. 

Are you pick between NPSIA and somewhere else?

20 minutes ago, ElleG said:

yeah I got simular information informtion. I wonder if it matter which specilaization we got into. I think I am more curious which one I got. 

Are you pick between NPSIA and somewhere else?

It's between npsia and lse for me. I'm also deciding on whether to leave my job - but the goal is to work for global affairs in Ottawa and npsia is amazing for that!! 

How about you 

Edited by irnerd

17 minutes ago, irnerd said:

It's between npsia and lse for me. I'm also deciding on whether to leave my job - but the goal is to work for global affairs in Ottawa and npsia is amazing for that!! 

How about you 

LSE is great, I am from London, it is an amazing city. Are you concern about the cost of it all in London. Are you leaning one way or another?

I am debating between Munk and NPSIA, I applied to GSPIA as a back up but the French requirement was a concern for me.

What is your current job if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, irnerd said:

So far only got an unofficial acceptance  with funding but it was my first choice of specialization and I'm hoping if I was able to get in I'd also make it for that. Currently nothing showing up for specialization though 

same situation for me

2 hours ago, irnerd said:

How about you 

Nice! I'd been considering applying to LSE (among other places) this year, but dawdled a little too much and only wound up getting my app in at Carleton. 

Also in a similar boat regarding leaving my job. I'm in government now, but I don't know if I can do another two years of school and work simultaneously.

3 hours ago, ElleG said:

So from what I am getting first rounds of GSPIA and NPSIA are coming out this week and mayne next week.

Has anyone heard anything from Munk (or what does your status of application say)

GSPIA already handed their first round of admissions early this month. I received my offer on the 14th. Some heard a few days before me. Munk is gonna start Mid March as their website states. From previous threads, it usually starts around March 7th. Good Luck!

2 minutes ago, Endzone98 said:

GSPIA already handed their first round of admissions early this month. I received my offer on the 14th. Some heard a few days before me. Munk is gonna start Mid March as their website states. From previous threads, it usually starts around March 7th. Good Luck!

This is my worry I have 5 more days to decide on GSPIA but Munk won't even send things out till mid march. I wonder why they do it that way