Applying to NPSIA - MUNK - Fall 2020

18 hours ago, irnerd said:

think you nailed it. your degree might open doors, but work/other attributes are equally important

i also personally feel like there's less an emphasis on brand name schools in the public sector than private sector. 

agreed, i think some people place too much emphasis on brand name without considering the other factors. For me personally, i think i would turn down Munk if my funding is decent from NPSIA since i don't have any interest in working in the private sector. 

1 hour ago, KW77 said:

agreed, i think some people place too much emphasis on brand name without considering the other factors. For me personally, i think i would turn down Munk if my funding is decent from NPSIA since i don't have any interest in working in the private sector. 

Guaranteed your funding will be better at NPSIA

1 minute ago, coffeeandeducation said:

Do you think this means what I think it means!!! AHH

from what I've read in previous years' forums, it generally seems like the people who got the "invited" status got offers in the following weeks. So fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, coffeeandeducation said:

I am hoping this is good news omg

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 6.26.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 6.26.55 PM.png

As a former u of t student I'd agree that the status invited definitely is a good sign (as in you'd be able to eventually register in classes, that's how acorn works). I'm sure you got it and are just waiting to hear back now officially ?

5 hours ago, coffeeandeducation said:

Okay everyone... I logged on to Acorn just right now and its says invited beside the MGA description.... What does this mean? Does anyone else have this? Omg

Wait so does that mean we are in? do we know when the official come trhough

9 hours ago, ElleG said:

Wait so does that mean we are in? do we know when the official come trhough

From reading across multiple forums, being 'invited is promising. But some people have also been accepted without being 'invited' on Acorn prior to receiving an official letter. It seems kind of confusing. 

I talked to my friend who was wait listed for another UofT program and their Acorn was not updated. Then I asked another friend who was accepted into Munk for European and Russian studies and their Acorn is updated. So all in all, I am happy to see 'invited' but I'm waiting for an actual legitimate letter for real confirmation. 

I guess letters will most likely be sent out next week, if things are the same as last year 

Just now, coffeeandeducation said:

Me too! Did yours have any funding details attached to it? I don't think I got any lol

No, nothing. The first offer I got without any funding 

1 minute ago, coffeeandeducation said:

I read a post about someone having a book published + a 3.9 GPA and still receiving an offer without funding. It's a little disconcerting --- but a huge achievement and I do not know what to do! 

Congrats to you either way!

What are your other choices?

Edited by ElleG

Got admitted to Munk as well! :)  I received no-funding on my end, still waiting to receive the official letter with funding from NPSIA to decide, as well as another program! 

funny story, I did not even complete the video portion of the application after submitting all the documents , because I figured at that time that I would definitely not go to Munk because of the tuitions fees, but got the admission offer anyway. I guess that part of the application was not very important! Lol

decisions decisions decisions! Congrats to everyone who also got in!

Edited by Boudibou123

16 minutes ago, coffeeandeducation said:

Me too! Did yours have any funding details attached to it? I don't think I got any lol

I got my formal offer for Munk last night!

Got my offer of admission for MGA at Munk too. No funding though. As an international student, quite a hard choice as the fees is insanely high ~ CAD 41k per year. Meanwhile, I have an offer for the MIA program at Hertie School of Governance, Berlin with 50% financial aid (~ CAD 24k). Congratulations to everyone who got in!

10 minutes ago, ElleG said:

Did you get any fundig info with your acceptence?

Nope, it seems like their not giving much out this year I guess 

Edited by KW77