Applying to NPSIA - MUNK - Fall 2020

46 minutes ago, ElleG said:

This is my worry I have 5 more days to decide on GSPIA but Munk won't even send things out till mid march. I wonder why they do it that way

Exactly! I accepted the offer for GSPIA, but I'm hoping Munk replies soon! although the price of the program is throwing me off a bit! Just wish they could keep up with NPSIA and GSPIA 

19 minutes ago, Boudibou123 said:

Accepted in NPSIA as well with funding with unofficial letter! Very curious to see what the funding will be :) congrats to everyone who got in!

CONGRATS! ?

12 minutes ago, Endzone98 said:

Exactly! I accepted the offer for GSPIA, but I'm hoping Munk replies soon! although the price of the program is throwing me off a bit! Just wish they could keep up with NPSIA and GSPIA 

I got NPSIA today which is my preference over GSPIA so now my clock is reset for Munk.

This is surprising considering their deadline is earlier.

15 hours ago, ElleG said:

LSE is great, I am from London, it is an amazing city. Are you concern about the cost of it all in London. Are you leaning one way or another?

I am debating between Munk and NPSIA, I applied to GSPIA as a back up but the French requirement was a concern for me.

What is your current job if you don't mind me asking?

i used to live in the uk for a bit so i know how pricey london can be :) i've been out of school and have saved for grad school, but it would be tough spending so much more at lse than npsia (as well, npsia is really well connected to the federal government and that's where i wanna be nayways. on the other hand, lse is one of the best schools internationally and london is an amazing city. i also like that you can do a regional specialization at lse - but im still waiting to hear back)

and ah well those are all really good choices! like i said to someone else earlier, i think it depends on what you want from your program. if you're leaning more towards private sector work, i think munk is definitely the best fit. u of t/toronto is a great place to be, and you really cant go wrong with any of your choices 

36 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

Well we could setup a reddit I suppose or just get together for coffee some week soon!

I was actually thinking of seeing if NPSIA/GSPIA applicants already in Ottawa wanted to meet up for coffee and/or a pint

27 minutes ago, theGoodGhosts said:

I was actually thinking of seeing if NPSIA/GSPIA applicants already in Ottawa wanted to meet up for coffee and/or a pint

A pint would hit the spot ( but a tea would be ok also.. lol)!         Any good pubs at Carleton??

10 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

A pint would hit the spot ( but a tea would be ok also.. lol)!         Any good pubs at Carleton??

The grad student pub, "Mike's Place" (named in honour of Lester Pearson) is pretty decent... nothing spectacular on tap, but the beer's alright and the food is probably the best on campus (especially the curries).

1 hour ago, coffeeandeducation said:

Does anyone who applied to Munk know how to access acorn with their applicant number? Last year, applicants could assume that they were accepted by logging in and seeing that they were 'invited' -- around like March 12ish... I thought I'd ask because I'm impatient lol 

You need your student number which is in the application summary on the application website plus you need your JOINid. When you have that use it to register then you can use acorn

1 hour ago, theGoodGhosts said:

The grad student pub, "Mike's Place" (named in honour of Lester Pearson) is pretty decent... nothing spectacular on tap, but the beer's alright and the food is probably the best on campus (especially the curries).

That sounds great but i'm actually in Calgary at the moment. For sure we can meet up once i'm in Ottawa in August!

1 hour ago, IR_Fan said:

That sounds great but i'm actually in Calgary at the moment. For sure we can meet up once i'm in Ottawa in August!

Hey, another Albertan! Great to see :)

anyone else waiting desperately for their official letter haha? I find it’s almost worse than the initial wait!

48 minutes ago, Lb1196 said:

anyone else waiting desperately for their official letter haha? I find it’s almost worse than the initial wait!

I have been refreshing Carleton central every twenty minutes

4 hours ago, theGoodGhosts said:

Beer and a good curry sounds awesome to me.   Lets see who is around in two weeks and lets meetup!

22 hours ago, Lb1196 said:

Yep born and raised. Whereabouts are you from? 

1 hour ago, IR_Fan said:

Yep born and raised. Whereabouts are you from? 

I actually was raised in Ontario, but moved to Edmonton in the middle of high school and Went to Lethbridge for uni. I’m still kicking around! What about you?