Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

3 hours ago, Neuropsych2021 said:

People who are waitlisted for an interview at Georgia State - how did you find out? Feel free to message me ?

Would love to know this too! I’m going crazy waiting to hear an update from them ?

1 hour ago, notmuch said:

Anyone heard from NYU or Fordham counseling yet??

Waiting on Fordham, too. I saw 3 posts in the results page that they got an interview so getting a bit discouraged. I reached out to see if all interviews had been extended - will let you all know when I hear back. (Also, I did not apply to NYU but I work in a research lab at NYU and my PI said they are still reviewing applications)

4 hours ago, Neuropsych2021 said:

People who are waitlisted for an interview at Georgia State - how did you find out? Feel free to message me ?

47 minutes ago, wheelsup9234 said:

Would love to know this too! I’m going crazy waiting to hear an update from them ?

41 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

Thirding this!

I received a pretty generic e-mail early this morning. They invited 50 people to admit 8-10, and people in the "hold" category (read: waitlist) most likely will not be offered an interview. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeErryday said:

Hi there! So I got a little impatient and emailed the PI I applied to at George Mason using one of the email templates posted here (thanks for that!). This is what they said:

"While we have extended invitations for interviews, we have not made all of our final decisions as of yet. You will receive definitive word within the next few weeks. I am sorry not to be able to end the waiting sooner – I know it is a grueling process. We will get back to you as soon as we can."

Does this mean that I'm waitlisted even though all the interviews have gone out? 

Also, I hope this helps as an update to anyone who applied to George Mason. 

Thanks for the update! I still haven't heard anything from George Mason, so this is helpful. 

Anyone else on the same boat where they have a partner also applying to PhD programs right now? They have 8 interviews and will probably get accepted to many (50-70% acceptance rate for his program if you have an interview), but only one of my schools that I have an interview with is nearby. Life is just crazy right now.

Edited by NervousNelly12

1 minute ago, NervousNelly12 said:

Anyone else on the same boat where they have a partner also applying to PhD programs right now? They have 8 interviews and will probably get accepted to many (20% acceptance rate for his program), but only one of my schools that I have an interview with is nearby. Life is just crazy right now.

This is basically me. I'd be incredibly surprised if they don't get in this cycle (competition is nothing compared to psych, even for top schools). However, they're far more optimistic about how the practicalities of this situation will play out. I'm concerned about this fall is going to look, both individually and as a unit. ?

Just now, EileanDonan said:

This is basically me. I'd be incredibly surprised if they don't get in this cycle (competition is nothing compared to psych, even for top schools). However, they're far more optimistic about how the practicalities of this situation will play out. I'm concerned about this fall is going to look, both individually and as a unit. ?

I'm glad I'm not alone in this predicament. After applying three times, and feeling like a nuisance to my recommenders, I really don't know what to do if I don't make it in. I want to do research, not just be a clinician, so alternatives are looking scarce. I'll move with my partner and contemplate trying again, but it is hard not to feel hopeless.

2 minutes ago, NervousNelly12 said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in this predicament. After applying three times, and feeling like a nuisance to my recommenders, I really don't know what to do if I don't make it in. I want to do research, not just be a clinician, so alternatives are looking scarce. I'll move with my partner and contemplate trying again, but it is hard not to feel hopeless.

I'm not inherently against moving, but that would put me back to being without a lab job, and every month of experience counts here. And what about applying next cycle? It's such a blasted mess!

1 hour ago, HopefullyPanicked said:

I know someone already asked this on the results page, but figured this was a better place to ask. Does anyone know if Denver sent out all of their psyd interview invites yet?

I just saw someone's comment on the results page that reported they spoke with DU admission staff who stated interview offers have been delayed due to receiving over 800 applications this round. Ugh I've been doing well not stressing but this week I'm checking my email constantly. Several people posted their rejections were in their app portal, and my portal still says that my app is complete and I will be notified by email- so I'm holding on to some hope but it's really getting down to the wire. Good luck to you!

14 minutes ago, Disappointed69 said:

Those that were invited to clinical interviews at Marquette....did you ever receive additional information (besides the initial email)? I find it odd that interviews are next week and we haven't heard anything else.

I'm signed up for the Feb 1 interview slot and haven't heard anything else. I plan to send an email Friday morning if I do not hear by then. I'll let you know the outcome!

3 hours ago, PychPhD9 said:

Can you share that template again, please? Thank you!

Here's how I used it. Hope this helps!

Dear Dr. ______,

I hope the new year is treating you well!

In applying for the ________'s Clinical Psychology PhD program this fall 2021, I listed you as a strong mentor fit. I understand the interview selection is considerably underway, and certain faculty already finalized their candidate list. However, because others have not yet extended all invitations, I heard from the department that applications are still being reviewed. With this is mind I am wondering - have all interviews been extended from your side? I would really appreciate your update. 

I look forward to hearing back. Have a great day!

4 minutes ago, eloisetheapplicant said:

Did Rutgers PsyD invites just go out? I saw on the clinical page that two people got emails today to interview.

I don’t know if they’ve sent them all out. From looking at results from previous years, it looks like they send their rejections after interviews in February. I’m just checking my email and portal a million times today. 

New on the forum here! Applied to Rutgers PsyD, still waiting to hear back.

I saw two people posted they heard back from Rutgers PsyD program. I just realized there was an application status check on their website. I had been previously checking my actual application for status updates.

When I clicked the status check, it looks like they never received one of my letters of recommendation!?! Does this jeopardize my application? Rutgers didn't email me saying they were missing any documentation. It's odd because on my actual application, all my recommenders have a checkmark next to their name. 

19 minutes ago, eloisetheapplicant said:

Did Rutgers PsyD invites just go out? I saw on the clinical page that two people got emails today to interview.

I saw ... :( still have a tinyyyyy bit of hope that they might send out more over the next few days but it’s certainly getting smaller by the hour. 

Just now, barringpark081 said:

New on the forum here! Applied to Rutgers PsyD, still waiting to hear back.

I saw two people posted they heard back from Rutgers PsyD program. I just realized there was an application status check on their website. I had been previously checking my actual application for status updates.

When I clicked the status check, it looks like they never received one of my letters of recommendation!?! Does this jeopardize my application? Rutgers didn't email me saying they were missing any documentation. It's odd because on my actual application, all my recommenders have a checkmark next to their name. 

Oh no. I also never got a confirmation of my application and freaked out but it looks like they received everything. I would email them! Don’t call because no one will pick up.. I tried for 3 weeks until someone in admissions told me that no one will pick up and the best bet is to email. I heard your frustration it was one of the weirdest apps to submit since the website felt a bit disorganized and there was no proper confirmation etc. 

5 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

Oh no. I also never got a confirmation of my application and freaked out but it looks like they received everything. I would email them! Don’t call because no one will pick up.. I tried for 3 weeks until someone in admissions told me that no one will pick up and the best bet is to email. I heard your frustration it was one of the weirdest apps to submit since the website felt a bit disorganized and there was no proper confirmation etc. 

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one super confused with their app. Good luck to you! I hope we all hear back soon.

Ugh, so sad if they didn't receive my letter of rec and I had no idea of knowing because of their application system. It was one of my top choices ?

My Rutgers PsyD portal still shows that they have my unofficial transcripts but not my official transcripts...but I received confirmation months ago from the transcript agencies that Rutgers received my transcripts. Does this mean they’re not reviewing my application?