Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

40 minutes ago, radpsych03 said:

I received a mass email. Super disappointed but I know this was a really tough year ?

Also worth noting that I had correspondence with the department last week and they said "Interview offers will be extended no later than by the end of next week (you will be notified either way)." 

1 hour ago, skgtwin said:

I reached out to the department and received an update on my application status. Good luck! 

"The Selection Committee has now evaluated all applications and have made all interview offers for Fall 2021 admission." 

Thank you both!!!

Just now, PsychMomOf2 said:

Still silent on my end, anyone else? I would at least be satisfied with a rejection (which I assume for Drexel and Temple). This limbo stuff has me going nuts.

Agree. This limbo is the worst. Rejection from Columbia for me but only because I called them last week and they told me invites have been extended but never got an official email. Still waiting to hear back from like 5 others... so upsetting, especially seeing that invites are going out already. I feel more hopeless by the day.. at this point I‘m ready to assume rejection from all of them. 

1 minute ago, PyschMama said:

Agree. This limbo is the worst. Rejection from Columbia for me but only because I called them last week and they told me invites have been extended but never got an official email. Still waiting to hear back from like 5 others... so upsetting, especially seeing that invites are going out already. I feel more hopeless by the day.. at this point I‘m ready to assume rejection from all of them. 

Ugh, I'm so sorry you are in limbo too. This year was so hard. And now that I learned so much, I wish I did my Master's in counseling instead of General Psychology. I just want to be able to start planning for Fall if I don't get in anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, PsychMomOf2 said:

Ugh, I'm so sorry you are in limbo too. This year was so hard. And now that I learned so much, I wish I did my Master's in counseling instead of General Psychology. I just want to be able to start planning for Fall if I don't get in anywhere. 

I hear you. I feel fortunate that I have a masters and can practice but it’s still a huge bummer bc I really want to do a PhD (for various reasons) and I’m somewhat worried that next year applications won’t be any less challenging. There’s still hope for us. Don’t give up yet.. although I certainly understand how you feel. I am sure we’ll be out out of our misery by end of next week or so and either way we will know more and can plan accordingly. I do feel that latest mid February all schools will have extended invites. Rooting for you!

16 hours ago, sanna927 said:

Can you please let me know, too?

17 hours ago, Disappointed69 said:

Those that were invited to clinical interviews at Marquette....did you ever receive additional information (besides the initial email)? I find it odd that interviews are next week and we haven't heard anything else.

I received an email this morning letting me know “We are working to finalize schedules and directions for accessing virtual interviews. It is my hope that we will share that information shortly.” 

Hi everyone! I applied to Georgia State....I've seen people posting about receiving emails stating that applicants are still being reviewed, their portal status changing to "under review by admissions committee", etc. and I have received/heard nothing. The last activity on my portal was when I submitted it on 11/30 and the status is still "submitted".  My application is definitely completed...is there a chance it has been lost if the shuffle? I find it odd it the status never changed to "under review"....did they even look at it? I'm not even receiving the mass emails. 

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone has heard back from the following programs? Appreciate any insight!

- Yeshiva Clinical PsyD 

- LIU Clinical PsyD 

- Paterson Clinical PsyD 

- Pace Clinical/Health Emphasis PhD

- Hofstra Clinical PhD

- St. John Clinical PhD

- FDU Clinical PhD

3 minutes ago, taco75281 said:

Hi everyone! I applied to Georgia State....I've seen people posting about receiving emails stating that applicants are still being reviewed, their portal status changing to "under review by admissions committee", etc. and I have received/heard nothing. The last activity on my portal was when I submitted it on 11/30 and the status is still "submitted".  My application is definitely completed...is there a chance it has been lost if the shuffle? I find it odd it the status never changed to "under review"....did they even look at it? I'm not even receiving the mass emails. 

I'm in the same boat, I just assume I didn't make it to a waitlist and my official status is just in limbo until they get around to rejecting me.

1 minute ago, EileanDonan said:

I'm in the same boat, I just assume I didn't make it to a waitlist and my official status is just in limbo until they get around to rejecting me.

What I was afraid of...just wanted to make sure that I wasn't alone in this! Thanks for taking the time to respond and best of luck to you :)

1 hour ago, ggree123 said:

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone has heard back from the following programs? Appreciate any insight!

- Yeshiva Clinical PsyD 

- LIU Clinical PsyD 

- Paterson Clinical PsyD 

- Hofstra Clinical PhD

- St. John Clinical PhD

- FDU Clinical PhD

Also waiting on St. John’s Clinical. You’re not alone!

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue today, but I'm trying to access the results page and I am unable to because it gives me some privacy error message and saying that attackers from this site are trying to steal my information... spooked out. 

1 minute ago, eloisetheapplicant said:

Also waiting on St. John’s Clinical. You’re not alone!

Same! I haven't seen anyone post about them. @ggree123 I heard back from Hofstra last week with an interview invite- the first email I got came from the POI, followed by a formal invitation from a current graduate student a couple days ago. It didn't look like a mass email though, so I'm not sure if they're done sending out invites yet.

I'm also naively holding onto hope for Rutgers PhD even though we're nearing February and my doubt is growing by the minute ?

2 minutes ago, psychcoffeegal said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue today, but I'm trying to access the results page and I am unable to because it gives me some privacy error message and saying that attackers from this site are trying to steal my information... spooked out. 

I'm getting that error too ?

3 minutes ago, psychcoffeegal said:

I got that error message too! Not sure what that is about...

- Yeshiva Clinical PsyD 

- LIU Clinical PsyD 

- Paterson Clinical PsyD 

- Hofstra Clinical PhD

- St. John Clinical PhD

- FDU Clinical PhD

William Paterson PsyD's interview day is next Friday, so I think all invites have been sent out at this time. 

2 hours ago, stressedha said:

I received an email this morning letting me know “We are working to finalize schedules and directions for accessing virtual interviews. It is my hope that we will share that information shortly.” 

Thank you so much! I still haven't heard anything but I signed up for 2/5 so maybe that's why. Best of luck in your interview!

16 hours ago, psychg said:

I'm sad to have to start thinking about backup plans, but it's possible for me that it is that time (still holding some hope but it's not looking great- applying clinical phd). Currently I'm in a psychometrist position so getting great clinical experience, but I know that my lack of research experience is going to be what's holding me back. I really only have 2 years of undergrad research experience, and 2 on-campus poster presentations are all that came out of it (no pubs, prof wasn't interested in publishing those years, unfortunately for me, as he'd just gotten promoted to the chair of the dept so was otherwise occupied). After graduation, I interviewed for 1 RA position, but ultimately didn't get it as the funding fell through, and with the pandemic I didn't feel I could afford to be picky in turning down the psychometrist position, despite research being what I want to do. Especially with apps for next cycle already due in less than 11 months (panic!) I really need to start looking now...How do ya'll go about getting paid research positions/where do you look? 

Try indeed and linkedin and just type in "research assistant" or "clinical research assistant". You will get several postings especially if you are not geographically located. Apply to any that seem interesting, the more you apply to, the greater your chances are of landing a job during these times, even if you have to do research in an area that isn't your primary interest. 

https://psychologyjobsinternships.wordpress.com/ This website also has a couple of recent postings. 

- Yeshiva Clinical PsyD 

- LIU Clinical PsyD 

- Paterson Clinical PsyD 

- Hofstra Clinical PhD

- St. John Clinical PhD

- FDU Clinical PhD

I'm also still waiting to hear from FDU - radio silence so far. I couldn't find any info on the dates on the interview days... Hopefully we'll hear soon!