Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Did anyone else who interviewed at the University of Utah (clinical) ask approximately when they will be sending out official offers? After interviewing two weeks ago I thought I was likely to get an offer, but haven't heard anything official yet. The suspense is killing me! I wish I had asked for their expected timeline.

For anyone here who has been accepted by a clinical program before: if you're a PI's first choice, how long after an interview do they usually make you an official offer?

7 hours ago, bridonovan said:

Anyone else still heard nothing from any of your programs? At this point I’m assuming rejection from all of them.. Hoping I’m not alone but also hoping no one else is going through this! 

I’ve only heard from one, but none of the others. One other I just know that they are done extending invites but the rest claim they have started but aren’t done yet... ??‍♀️But nothing is official. I still have some tiny bit of hope but I’m also assuming rejection. I promised myself I would try to stay hopeful until mid February but it obviously feels less probably with every day that passes, especially the more invites I see other people getting. I’m sorry you are in a similar boat. Fingers crossed we will hear soon, regardless.

Edited by PyschMama

2 hours ago, PychPhD9 said:

To the person who posted on the results section about the rejection from TC Columbia, would you mind sharing your POI and how did you find out? (You can PM if you want). Please!! 

I’m not that person who posted but I called Columbia (Counseling PhD) last week and they told me that all invites have been extended and that no one will receive anymore interviews at this point. They never send an official email or rejection though. My POI was CH - sorry I know I’m not that poster but I hope that helps. 

25 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

I’m not that person who posted but I called Columbia (Counseling PhD) last week and they told me that all invites have been extended and that no one will receive anymore interviews at this point. They never send an official email or rejection though. My POI was CH - sorry I know I’m not that poster but I hope that helps. 

It’s for Clinical! 

39 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

No worries! Thank you tho :(

3 hours ago, clincal_j said:

Anyone here receive a formal rejection from UNC Chapel hill, and if so, could you share your POI? I still havent heard anything:(

I haven't received a formal rejection from UNC yet. I had a preliminary interview, but never made it to the final interview round, and the PI I interviewed with told me I remained on a shortlist for consideration. It's possible this might be the case for you too?

21 minutes ago, clinpsych2021 said:

I haven't received a formal rejection from UNC yet. I had a preliminary interview, but never made it to the final interview round, and the PI I interviewed with told me I remained on a shortlist for consideration. It's possible this might be the case for you too?

Would you mind sharing your POI? Either here or DM?

12 hours ago, forensicpsychstu said:

I had applied using a personal email but they sent my rejection to my undergraduate email which I haven't used for communications with anyone for years, since I graduated years ago. The two emails aren't similar at all and it's not like my undergrad puts my old email on my transcript. It's really strange. I wish whoever posted about the issues on the results page would elaborate.

woahhh, this is hacker-level bizarre. did you happen to reach out to the admissions about this concern? I wonder what explanation they'd have. 

I have an upcoming interview with a Counseling Psych Ph.D. program over Zoom. We were sent the itinerary with names of faculty and the applicants they are interviewing at certain times. I noticed that every applicant is going through 2 interview rounds with two different faculty and gets time for a "Zoom Break." I am the only applicant that does not have a "Zoom Break," and have one extra interview (3 interviews total) instead. What would you make of this? Do you think this is a good sign?

2 hours ago, hello_psych said:

Hello! Saw on the results page that someone has received rejection for Clinical Psychology from Columbia TC. Can you please share PI initials? Was it a mass email or email from PI? Thanks. 

People have been trolling about Columbia TC for a while now... I'm not sure I would 100% trust that post. 

11 hours ago, PychPhD9 said:

To the person who posted on the results section about the rejection from TC Columbia, would you mind sharing your POI and how did you find out? (You can PM if you want). Please!! 

I don’t believe that was accurate. I know someone who works at TC and said they were reviewing folders this week. I believe invitations don’t go out until early February. Perhaps the person meant to refer to counseling. 

7 hours ago, hello_psych said:

woahhh, this is hacker-level bizarre. did you happen to reach out to the admissions about this concern? I wonder what explanation they'd have. 

I hadn't because I assumed that there must be some reasonable explanation but then I saw the person's post on the results page talking about all the issues with the CUNY apps and realized I'm not the only one. I think I will next week, though. And if there is some kind of security issue I would be pretty annoyed if they didn't bother trying to alert people of the problem. 

3 hours ago, forensicpsychstu said:

I hadn't because I assumed that there must be some reasonable explanation but then I saw the person's post on the results page talking about all the issues with the CUNY apps and realized I'm not the only one. I think I will next week, though. And if there is some kind of security issue I would be pretty annoyed if they didn't bother trying to alert people of the problem. 

Certainly let us know what you find out from them.

11 hours ago, babyyoda said:

Can anyone speak to how long it takes (approximately) for a program to get back to you after formal interviews?

It depends. Is there another interview weekend? Some schools have two. I think a little less than two weeks after the final interview day is standard. Maybe sooner. 

12 hours ago, babyyoda said:

Can anyone speak to how long it takes (approximately) for a program to get back to you after formal interviews?

One of my programs sent me an offer slightly 2 weeks after my interview, so don’t be alarmed if 2 weeks pass and you haven’t heard. Depends on program, but many have formal and informal meetings before initial offers can go out. 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, missmusical said:

thank you! ❤️ 

I just got this response from ASU Clinical: "Thank you for your email. I am sorry that the admissions committee did not select you for an interview. With nearly 400 applicants and 25-30 interview slots, we are unable to interview many very qualified applicants. Critical in our decision-making process are students' research experiences, research productivity, and match with both our program and specific mentors. The most competitive applicants have more than a year of research experience, have presented at national conferences and/or worked on a manuscript for publication, and have research experience that is highly relevant to one or more potential mentors. I hope this information is helpful in providing some understanding of our process. We wish you the best of luck with your remaining applications."