Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

2 hours ago, thatoneguy272 said:

Does anyone have any insight into how the Denver University's PsyD program offers acceptances? According to the results page, today there was one acceptance, one rejection and a waitlist from about a week ago? I haven't heard anything at all so just trying to decipher what this might mean for my application 

I posted my acceptance on the results page today for DU’s psyd. Received a call from my interviewing faculty offering admission. Feel free to reach out if you want any additional details. 

Looking for some advice here. I was just notified by my PI at my top choice that she was unable to extend an offer this year. I knew this was a possibility since she told me she didn't have priority to make a 1st round offer during interview day. However, the email from the DCT post-interview said to be patient as "there is a reasonable chance we will be able to make you an offer" and to contact them first if I'm considering other programs. Needless to say I'm very disappointed and losing hope as I've been waitlisted at the other 2 programs I interviewed at this cycle.

Here's where I'm looking for some advice... This is not my first time applying and I don't know if I can handle yet another cycle. I've gotten an acceptance to a masters program that is research focused with a great PI and research fit. I've also received a full-time research assistant position with decent pay and relevant research experience for my research interests. Do I take the master's program or work another year and gain more research experience? I'm 100% sure PhD is what I want as I want to pursue a career in academia/research.

I already have a decent amount of research and clinical experience. After graduating, I worked as an RA - I have conference presentations and have a 1st author paper under review. I currently work as a psychometrist but will be leaving to take the full-time research position soon.

I know research experience is key but I feel as if I have a decent amount. So my question is, are my qualifications only good enough for a master's program? In other words, will adding another research job help my CV that much more? 

Thanks all in advance and if you're in a similar boat as me (questioning everything about your qualifications and career), you are not alone.

Is anyone else getting weird emails from Miami University? Like "congratulations! your application has been submitted" and "your application is being processed"??

Like does this mean they are just now opening it... I don't understand.? They had interviews a while back.

Edited by clinical09878

59 minutes ago, clinical09878 said:

Is anyone else getting weird emails from Miami University? Like "congratulations! your application has been submitted" and "your application is being processed"??

Like does this mean they are just now opening it... I don't understand.? They had interviews a while back.

Yes, and it freaks me out every time.

1 hour ago, clinical09878 said:

Yes! I’ve gotten like two in the past two or three weeks (one today). I’m glad I’m not the only one, but I also was wondering the same thing... Like why is it saying this now? I thought it may have meant like an admission decision on the portal (official rejection), but nothing has been updated there. 

Does anyone know if programs tell you when they've filled all their spots? I'm waitlisted at Texas A&M (Counseling) and am really hoping to get in, but my spot on the waitlist isn't disclosed and I haven't seen much chatter about the program on here (or anywhere). Don't want to reach out to the program just yet but am itching to find out whether I still have a chance or not.

11 hours ago, clinical09878 said:

10 hours ago, NotYourMothersGrad said:

Yes, and it freaks me out every time.

10 hours ago, Psyched6813 said:

Yes! I’ve gotten like two in the past two or three weeks (one today). I’m glad I’m not the only one, but I also was wondering the same thing... Like why is it saying this now? I thought it may have meant like an admission decision on the portal (official rejection), but nothing has been updated there. 

The PI that accepted me for this fall told me they switched systems for grad apps this year, so that may be why you're getting weird emails! 

21 hours ago, Coffee_and_Psychology96 said:

The PI that accepted me for this fall told me they switched systems for grad apps this year, so that may be why you're getting weird emails! 

Congrats! I did my undergrad at Miami University and they have a great Clinical program. 

Hi everyone!

First time poster, long time lurker (sorry, I get stage fright about posting).

I have a question...I received a verbal offer last week, followed by an email, and I accepted - but my portal on the application page still hasn't been updated and I haven't received a formal letter with funding information (although PI explained funding on the phone). Is it normal for it to take a little while to get a formal letter?

1 hour ago, JakiraJakira said:

Congrats! I did my undergrad at Miami University and they have a great Clinical program. 

Thank you! I'm really excited to join Miami in the fall. I interviewed last year and was waitlisted, and I really fell in love with the program when I interviewed. So Miami was at the top of my list this year :)

Congrats to the poster who was accepted to LIU Brooklyn! I know someone already asked this in the results section but I would also be interested in who called you. If you don’t mind messaging me or posting your POI‘s initials? Thank you!

11 hours ago, Coffee_and_Psychology96 said:

Thank you! I'm really excited to join Miami in the fall. I interviewed last year and was waitlisted, and I really fell in love with the program when I interviewed. So Miami was at the top of my list this year :)

Yay!! That's so exciting ❤️ I am very happy for you!! Thank you for the feedback about why that application stuff was happening! :) 

1 minute ago, shouldhavebeenagoatfarmer said:

One more month to go ? I’m convinced I will find out at 11:59 pm on April 15th that I have been rejected. 

Hoping for the opposite for you ❤️ but I feel you friend. This LIMBO sucks. A March 15th deadline would have been a lot nicer.

Just now, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

Hoping for the opposite for you ❤️ but I feel you friend. This LIMBO sucks. A March 15th deadline would have been a lot nicer.

Yes it would have! I think it all has to do with funding though ? some departments just don’t know yet what their budget will be. I think the Limbo this year is even worse for those waitlisted because of that. 

1 minute ago, shouldhavebeenagoatfarmer said:

Yes it would have! I think it all has to do with funding though ? some departments just don’t know yet what their budget will be. I think the Limbo this year is even worse for those waitlisted because of that. 

:( yes for sure

Hello, Does anyone know if all University of Denver PsyD program acceptances were extended? I know a few people on the results page have received admissions decisions and I was under the impression all decisions would be made by today (3/15). I have not heard anything yet and my portal says my application is still under review. I am wonder if this means I am wait listed.

Thank you for your help!

30 minutes ago, DGS0317 said:

Hello, Does anyone know if all University of Denver PsyD program acceptances were extended? I know a few people on the results page have received admissions decisions and I was under the impression all decisions would be made by today (3/15). I have not heard anything yet and my portal says my application is still under review. I am wonder if this means I am wait listed.

Thank you for your help!

Hey, I am still in the same boat. But I did not hear that all invites would be extended by today. The admissions director told my interview group it would be by April 1st. Where did you hear it would be by today?

23 minutes ago, thatoneguy272 said:

Hey, I am still in the same boat. But I did not hear that all invites would be extended by today. The admissions director told my interview group it would be by April 1st. Where did you hear it would be by today?

Hi! I emailed Julie S. (director of enrollment) last week to get an admissions decision timeline. She said they were planning to have all decisions released by Monday, March 15th at the latest. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, DGS0317 said:

Hi! I emailed Julie S. (director of enrollment) last week to get an admissions decision timeline. She said they were planning to have all decisions released by Monday, March 15th at the latest. 

Thanks!

Ok that’s good to know. Like you, I haven’t received any news good or bad, and I’ll post back here in case I find anything out! Pls do the same :) 

My guess would be there’s a second tier of acceptances that go out as students do not accept their offers. Just a hunch though. 

Hey does anyone know if Nova Southeastern University are still sending out offers for their Clinical PsyD program?

Also has anyone got accepted without a masters degree? I have clinical and research experience, high gpa (3.80 undergrad), I felt the interview went really well, but haven't heard a whistle.

I emailed admission and they said that the program will be sending out offer towards the end of March, early April, but I know that they have already start sending out letters.

Just wanted insight if you have it, thank you!

6 minutes ago, DGS0317 said:

Thanks!

It's nice to know I am not alone! :) I will let you know if I hear anything!