Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

20 hours ago, ClinicalGradCandidate said:

Hi! Out of curiosity, how old is everyone going into their clinical psych PhD/PsyD program? ?

I'll technically be 29 but will be turning 30 at the end of August! Sounds like I'm going to be the old fart of the group lol 

5 minutes ago, justacigar said:

I'll technically be 29 but will be turning 30 at the end of August! Sounds like I'm going to be the old fart of the group lol 

I was 28 when I started, and I was also not the oldest in my cohort. There are 8 of us, and there are 2 people older than me. Don't worry about being the old fart! I think my age and experience prior to grad school has helped me in a lot of ways. 

Just now, _psych_ said:

Soooo is Queens College CUNY just not having a cohort this year? Has anyone heard from them post-interview!? What is going on???

I was wondering the same thing. I emailed the DCT awhile ago and was told I was being put on the waitlist but would get an official letter in a few days. That was over a month ago and still haven't heard anything back...

11 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Hate to break it to you, but I think I hold that title... I'll be 32 in July ? I wasn't able to start college until I was 23 and I took a few years off after graduation to get research experience.

1 minute ago, MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis said:

Hate to break it to you, but I think I hold that title... I'll be 32 in July ? I wasn't able to start college until I was 23 and I took a few years off after graduation to get research experience.

Y'all I am 34 and have 3 kiddos under 5, I def am an old fart!! :) 

1 hour ago, justacigar said:

Naah, got you. I'll be turning 36 April 4th. If you're an old fart, I'm ancient as eff. Also have two kids, one who turned 1 today and an almost 5 year old.

Edited by PsychMomOf2

38 minutes ago, PsychMomOf2 said:

Can't believe it's only been 12 days since I've been waitlisted from my top pick. It feels like it was 2 months ago. ?. Time is going way too slow. 

Yeah its unbearable. I didn't seriously apply this year (4 phd programs), got into all the masters programs I applied to (4). Only got 1 interview at my top choice phd and I'm one spot away on the waitlist. Bleh.

40 minutes ago, PsychMomOf2 said:

Can't believe it's only been 12 days since I've been waitlisted from my top pick. It feels like it was 2 months ago. ?. Time is going way too slow. 

Yeah - that's where I'm at....It's been since February 22nd and all I know is one person is holding the offer and I am the top alternate. I've been trying to assume the worst - I won't get it, but there is that little pilot light still holding out!

3 minutes ago, BusyBee9 said:

Yeah - that's where I'm at....It's been since February 22nd and all I know is one person is holding the offer and I am the top alternate. I've been trying to assume the worst - I won't get it, but there is that little pilot light still holding out!

Same here! Been waiting since March 4th. I've been in touch with my potential PI, who keeps saying "if we remain a top choice, I definitely encourage you to hold off accepting other offers until we know more!" Which seems promising, but could also just be the generic language used by the department. This limbo is the worst!

17 hours ago, icecat said:

Has anyone who interviewed with Azusa Pacific University for the PsyD program in February, heard anything back yet?  

I was offered admission on the 19th of February after interviewing on the 15th of February. I am choosing between that school and another Southern California school. If I choose the other school (highly likely), I hope to release my offer by the beginning of next week :) 

6 hours ago, PsychMomOf2 said:

This waiting game is sooo unbearable, I have only one chance and I am waitlisted, I've been on there since February 20th. I am starting to lose hope I don't even where I stand on the waitlist, I am thinking of reaching out to them soon. 

1 hour ago, shouldhavebeenagoatfarmer said:

I’m 28 but this process makes me feel like I’m turning 85. I’m hoping I’ll get into a program before I’m 50. Although, even if I did get in at 50 that would still give me plenty of years to work before I die. 

I spiritually relate to this. And your username.