Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

hello! ive been waitlisted at depaul for clinical-community program (first heard about it beginning of march) and i was curious to hear if anyone else is in the same boat...getting antsy and would like to know any updates or other info. dont know anyone thats been accepted so im just curious to know whats going on! 

4 hours ago, cloudypal123 said:

hello! ive been waitlisted at depaul for clinical-community program (first heard about it beginning of march) and i was curious to hear if anyone else is in the same boat...getting antsy and would like to know any updates or other info. dont know anyone thats been accepted so im just curious to know whats going on! 

Same boat.

15 hours ago, pd_begonia said:

Has anyone heard from U Albany? I emailed a week ago and was told they're still in the review process.

I am also interested to know this! I can't figure out if they have made any offers at all yet.

2 hours ago, DrApple said:

I am also interested to know this! I can't figure out if they have made any offers at all yet.

One person posted an acceptance on the results page about a month ago, and I haven't seen anything since! I'd be surprised if they haven't made offers considering it's 2 weeks until April 15!

Has anyone heard from Rice University regarding the Psychological Sciences PhD program? I haven't interviewed or anything - haven't actually heard anything from them since I applied in December. I reached out to the department coordinator and got the generic "still reviewing applications" response. Guessing I'm rejected, but I don't want to accept the offer I've been made from another school and then get a surprise offer out of nowhere lol

On 3/26/2021 at 6:55 AM, PhD1Day said:

I broke down and emailed my PI (waitlist) yesterday and she warmly responded back saying I am the next to be offered a spot with a few outstanding initial offers still out there. My fingers are crossed so tight. I'm a 31 year old single mom and I don't think I can take another cycle of this ? these next 2.5 weeks are going to do me in, I can feel it!

Good luck everyone!!

I posted this on Friday and I just received an unofficial acceptance email from my PI. I have been crying tears of joy for the past hour. 
this is my third cycle trying and I’m so glad I never gave up. I am beyond excited for this. I want to make my kids proud!

please please don’t give up! Even if you don’t get in this round, so what..start now getting things together and ready for next cycle! 

please pm me if you have any questions/feedback/tips, anything!!!! :)

13 minutes ago, PhD1Day said:

I posted this on Friday and I just received an unofficial acceptance email from my PI. I have been crying tears of joy for the past hour. 
this is my third cycle trying and I’m so glad I never gave up. I am beyond excited for this. I want to make my kids proud!

please please don’t give up! Even if you don’t get in this round, so what..start now getting things together and ready for next cycle! 

That's so exciting, congratulations!!! Where will you be attending? :)

On 3/23/2021 at 10:59 AM, ClinicalGradCandidate said:

Hi! Out of curiosity, how old is everyone going into their clinical psych PhD/PsyD program? ?

HaHa, I must be the oldest one here. I will be turning 42 and I just got an admission offer today from my top choice. I had happy tears this morning as this is my second cycle trying and it has been my dream since my undergraduate. 

The matter of age could not stop me pursuing my life passion. Because of my age, I have more life experiences (both personal and professional) and I have a huge support from my spouse and two kids who are pretty independent now. I know some people may think I am crazy going into doctoral program in my 40s, but I feel very grateful that I get to do what I really want to do even at this later life. My goal is to graduate before 50. :) 

Edited by Cloi

38 minutes ago, PhD1Day said:

Congrats!!! I'm so glad to hear.

12 minutes ago, Cloi said:

HaHa, I must be the oldest one here. I will be turning 42 and I just got an admission offer today from my top choice. 

I am super excited. The matter of age could not stop me pursuing my life passion. Because of my age, I have more life experiences (both personal and professional) and I have a huge support from my spouse and two kids who are pretty independent now. I know some people may think I am crazy going into doctoral program in my 40s, but I feel very grateful that I get to do what I really want to do even at this later life. My goal is to graduate before 50. :) 

You beat me for oldest! I am also so lucky to have amazing support from my spouse, although my kids aren't independent yet (I have a 1 year old and 4 1/2 year old). Congratulations on getting an offer from your top choice!

11 minutes ago, PsychMomOf2 said:

You beat me for oldest! I am also so lucky to have amazing support from my spouse, although my kids aren't independent yet (I have a 1 year old and 4 1/2 year old). Congratulations on getting an offer from your top choice!

Your children' ages are such a cute/adorable stage!!  Mines are 5 1/2 year old and 8 1/2 year old: I am excited to learn, study and grow together with my children. :) Glad to know there is a fellow mom who are pursuing the same goal. I found this online community just today. Wish I found it sooner. Good luck with everything!!  

25 minutes ago, Cloi said:

Your children' ages are such a cute/adorable stage!!  Mines are 5 1/2 year old and 8 1/2 year old: I am excited to learn, study and grow together with my children. :) Glad to know there is a fellow mom who are pursuing the same goal. I found this online community just today. Wish I found it sooner. Good luck with everything!!  

This community has been fantastic! There are a few other fellow moms here too. Best of luck in your studies!

On 2/22/2021 at 4:03 PM, veganpsych said:

so i received rejections from all 9 schools applied to initially. all colorado ph.d. programs plus u of wyoming ph.d. had my breakdown, cried a lot of tears, blah blah blah. however, in late january, i found five more programs with application deadlines in feb-march:

divine mercy university psy.d (i interviewed here in 2019 while i was still in undergrad and strongly believe the reason i didn't get in then was because i was so young and only had volunteer clinical experience + 2 years of research. now, i graduate with my master's in may and have two years of clinical experience)

PCOM psy.d

midwestern university glendale psy.d

midwestern university downer's grove psy.d

palo alto clinical ph.d.

if you know anything about any of these programs, please let me know! i know midwestern has a bad reputation on reddit and student doctor network, but i wanted to see what yall had to say, as this thread is WAY more positive and supportive. Also, moratorium on the cost of these programs, i am so tired of reading so much negativity surrounding this topic on student doctor network and reddit lmao. 

i received an official interview for DMU today, which i am really excited and confident about (they also offered me a 25% tuition reduction if i am accepted, which i am THRILLED about)

My best friend was accepted into midwestern (DG) in this cycle. Do you have any questions? I could forward them to her and message you back some answers

Posting again about UCCS....It's been 2 months since interview day and I've only seen 1 or 2 people that have received an offer. I haven't heard back at all since interview day and at least point I'd just like to know. Has anyone from the geropsychology track heard back?! 

4 hours ago, Copingwithcarbs said:

Has anyone accepted a spot for LSU (PF) or know if EMU has filled all of their slots? I'm waitlisted for both.

I'm on the waitlist at EMU, and I only applied to one POI, so I was told that as soon as her slot was filled I would be rejected - that hasn't happened yet, so I'm guessing not all the slots have been filled. I'm going to be emailing this week to pull myself off the waitlist and I'll share if I hear anymore news :) (hopefully this helps you too!!)

2 minutes ago, willow_15 said:

I'm on the waitlist at EMU, and I only applied to one POI, so I was told that as soon as her slot was filled I would be rejected - that hasn't happened yet, so I'm guessing not all the slots have been filled. I'm going to be emailing this week to pull myself off the waitlist and I'll share if I hear anymore news :) (hopefully this helps you too!!)

Thank you for the response! And congrats on your other offer!