Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

1 hour ago, hks2021 said:

You guys think fellowship interview invites are over at this point?

I think they may have gotten an unprecedented amount of applications and are working their way through the workload. Every other school has pushed back deadlines, and considering HKS got a late start with apps in general that may have pushed back the timelines.

13 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

I think Thursday, march 25th. One week later than what it was last year (Thursday, March 19). They said "late March", which likely means week of the 22nd. I wish they'd provide a little more transparency on what's going on behind the scenes 

Also, results have been published on Thursdays in the past years right? 

I had my Bacon Fellowship interview today. I loved meeting the CPL faculty and staff, but will spend the next few weeks replaying all of my more awkward moments in my head as I simultaneously hope that I was able to share some coherent information about my background and hopes for the future. Anyone else with me on this for your various interviews?

2 hours ago, Emrada said:

I had my Bacon Fellowship interview today. I loved meeting the CPL faculty and staff, but will spend the next few weeks replaying all of my more awkward moments in my head as I simultaneously hope that I was able to share some coherent information about my background and hopes for the future. Anyone else with me on this for your various interviews?

What was it like? Congratulations! It sounds like a really positive experience - and regardless of whether you get it, it is something to remember!

12 hours ago, EscapingBrexit said:

A HKS magazine just arrived in the post, and that has not helped my anxiety and impatience ???.

I’ve applied to mid career/mpa and despite the fact this thread is for MPP i can’t help but chime in and share my thoughts too — I’m also in the habit of looking for signs lol and I’m so happy we are all the same!

so, what’s the magazine about?

I didn’t get any!

11 hours ago, Mpa-aspiration said:

I also received a HKS Magazine today.  Has anyone else received a magazine.  Is this normal.  I think it would be messed up if you start getting HKS Magazines but then get rejected.  Thoughts?

I think it’s not a mass mail because then everyone would have got it. Admissions sent it?

On 2/25/2021 at 8:14 AM, MBAngineer said:

I actually did get an email acknowledging that my application has been submitted and accepted, but it was from PEPG not CPL.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 9.26.39 PM.png

I also received the same acknowledgement email from PEPG fellowship. Just out of curiosity: was the invitation for PEPG  fellowship sent to candidates who expressed their interest in education policy in their application or to everyone who applied to HKS? 

Edited by realist2020

2 minutes ago, realist2020 said:

I also received the same acknowledgement email from PEPG fellowship. Just out of curiosity: was the invitation for PEPG  fellowship sent to candidates who expressed their interest in education policy in their application or it everyone who applied to HKS? 

I too got this acknowledgment email and I had applied for this fellowship and I’m seeking admission for one year mid-career MPA!

22 minutes ago, midcmpa21 said:

I too got this acknowledgment email and I had applied for this fellowship and I’m seeking admission for one year mid-career MPA!

Hi midcmpa 21, that is great.  Just curious as to know if they had read the application when they sent the invitation for application? I had received the invitation email for the fellowship application in late January. 

yeah even I got the email in late Jan however considering my program which is of one year I asked them if I was eligible and got a positive response so applied -- I believe they might have read the application by then!

1 minute ago, midcmpa21 said:

yeah even I got the email in late Jan however considering my program which is of one year I asked them if I was eligible and got a positive response so applied -- I believe they might have read the application by then!

Right. I reckon they may have sent the invitation to candidates whose professional interest lies in educational policy. 

1 minute ago, realist2020 said:

Right. I reckon they may have sent the invitation to candidates whose professional interest lies in educational policy. 

yep I think by now all the applications have been read and filtered and now they must be consolidating and arranging the last phase info!

I keep visualising different scenarios lol and I just hope we hear some good news soon!

16 hours ago, EscapingBrexit said:

A HKS magazine just arrived in the post, and that has not helped my anxiety and impatience ???.

What state/city are you in?

So I'm in Michigan, perhaps more will arrive elsewhere in the coming days? It's the HKS Magazine - articles on what students are doing, what alumni are doing, and so on. 

I'm not reading anything into it. But it is odd! I made the mistake of looking at Boston/Cambridge with my partner on street view, and I've totally fallen in love... 

Done with Zuckerman fellowship interview....it was hard for me to tell if I did well or not. Everyone was so poker-faced which sorta unnerved me because I'm used to communicating with expressive people. Oh well, time to move on and focus on other things.

3 hours ago, realist2020 said:

I also received the same acknowledgement email from PEPG fellowship. Just out of curiosity: was the invitation for PEPG  fellowship sent to candidates who expressed their interest in education policy in their application or to everyone who applied to HKS? 

I also received the invitation for the PEPG Fellowship and wrote my SOPs about health policy, not education policy, so I think it was sent to everyone who applied. 

1 hour ago, Aveces said:

This magazine thing makes me nervous... so excited for those who have received it and I would definitely interpret more into it as well!!! Curious if any international student received the magazine?

Same here! ? I am in Boston and no magazine so far ?