Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

8 hours ago, Ind said:

Dear Sup5505, If u dont mind please share with us how you learnt it reliably that Myfaid email goes out to everyone. Lots of confusion over the email..

It's been mentioned and confirmed in the forums of previous years, and the email itself indicates that it should not be construed as an indication of acceptance. The only reason that would be the case is if everyone receives it. 

45 minutes ago, InternationalStudent said:

Today's admissions blog seems to confirm that offers will go out on the 25th. That's disappointing, I was still holding on to the possibility that they would come out next week. 

How do you mean? Can you help me understand please?

3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

How do you mean? Can you help me understand please?

They seem to always release results on a Thursday. On today's email they said

"Harvard Kennedy School continues to be hard at work reviewing admission and financial aid applications. But we’re in the final stretch—decisions will be released in late March."

The phrasing doesn't seem to indicate that they're coming next week, so that just leaves the 25th

3 minutes ago, goodtogo said:

I see folks referencing an admissions email/blog, but I can’t find that one....the last blog I see is related to international women’s day.

Just want to make sure I’m looking in the right place. 

It's the first paragraph of the International Women's Day post. They really slid it in there haha

5 minutes ago, szadah said:

Has anyone else received an HKS magazine? Is the consensus that it doesn’t mean anything?

Some have, some have not. I can’t imagine that it really means anything, although it would seem to make more sense for either everyone or no one to get it, so who knows...?

Just now, William_1982 said:

Some have, some have not. I can’t imagine that it really means anything, although it would seem to make more sense for either everyone or no one to get it, so who knows...?

Yeah that makes sense! Did you get one? It seems like half of the people on here got it, the other half didn’t...

Ok my theory on the magazine saga is that people who somehow checked a box WAYYY EALY in this process like "get to know us" or "keep up to date" or something got the magazine. I think if you checked it you got added to some list serve... or consented to something early on. If you didn't check it, that's prob why you didn't get it. It seems like something we'd consent to receiving at some point in this process but it's so miniscule that we all forgot about it. 

Hypothetical for others bored and checking this page everyday...would love to hear your thoughts:

You have a full ride to JHU SAIS, Yale Jackson, Georgetown MSFS, and HKS MPP, which do you choose if your interests vary across IR & Public Policy? Not that HKS is the foregone conclusion, but since this is an HKS blog - what if you don't get into HKS?

Edited by ladiesman217

On 3/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, midcmpa21 said:

congratulations on receiving the mag and invite — I’ll definitely take it as a positive sign!

when is your interview?

Thanks so much! It's tomorrow so if they are waiting to send out admissions decisions with finaid and fellowship decisions I see why it's not coming until later. Not sure if they are doing other interviews after this week but Friday was the latest interview spot they had open.

5 hours ago, ladiesman217 said:

Hypothetical for others bored and checking this page everyday...would love to hear your thoughts:

You have a full ride to JHU SAIS, Yale Jackson, Georgetown MSFS, and HKS MPP, which do you choose if your interests vary across IR & Public Policy? Not that HKS is the foregone conclusion, but since this is an HKS blog - what if you don't get into HKS?

I just received my Princeton SPIA MPA admission, I also have Yale Jackson (funding TBD) just-below-full-ride at SAIS. Although they have not come out yet, I'm not considering MSFS or SIPA. (just not my fits)

I really have a wide range of interests across security and development, and I'll have a really difficult time with my choice especially if I miraculously also get into Stanford MIP (which I don't think will happen). I have mixed thoughts about HKS MPP, as it's such a big programme and I think I would really enjoy close interaction with the faculty. But then, the simple size of the faculty would mean that there would always be a professor who does whatever I am interested in. Also, I would really enjoy the negotiation classes. Probably I will not be able to afford HKS MPP anyway but still...

How would you guys choose?

Edited by SavannahOohNaNa

3 hours ago, SavannahOohNaNa said:

I just received my Princeton SPIA MPA admission, I also have Yale Jackson (funding TBD) just-below-full-ride at SAIS. Although they have not come out yet, I'm not considering MSFS or SIPA. (just not my fits)

I really have a wide range of interests across security and development, and I'll have a really difficult time with my choice especially if I miraculously also get into Stanford MIP (which I don't think will happen). I have mixed thoughts about HKS MPP, as it's such a big programme and I think I would really enjoy close interaction with the faculty. But then, the simple size of the faculty would mean that there would always be a professor who does whatever I am interested in. Also, I would really enjoy the negotiation classes. Probably I will not be able to afford HKS MPP anyway but still...

Got into UChicago Harris, Georgetown McCourt MPP and a reject from UCB Goldman last night. Crushed about that and wondering if I’ll make it to HKS’s admit list as I didn’t get any fellowship interview. Goldman and HKS are my top choices (Goldman not so anymore). How connected are the admissions with the fellowships? Any chance for others who didn’t get a fellowship interview? 

HKS fits well with the work I want to do in technology policy, but if that’s not an option, I’m wondering if Harris should be my choice. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, SavannahOohNaNa said:

congratulations! ? my interests are not similar as yours but if I were you I’d have definitely held my hopes high for the HKS esp after getting acceptance from Princeton!

2 hours ago, throwawaydd2021 said:

Just got the Magazine on the West Coast. Applied on last day. Be patient, it is making it out there.

cool! you think they’re going to send that out to the candidates outside the US? someone did mention here getting it in Canada but I didn’t see any other country! I don’t know if this is directly linked with the admission but I definitely feel optimistic about y’all who are getting it!

1 hour ago, Horizon94 said:

Got into UChicago Harris, Georgetown McCourt MPP and a reject from UCB Goldman last night. Crushed about that and wondering if I’ll make it to HKS’s admit list as I didn’t get any fellowship interview. Goldman and HKS are my top choices (Goldman not so anymore). How connected are the admissions with the fellowships? Any chance for others who didn’t get a fellowship interview? 

HKS fits well with the work I want to do in technology policy, but if that’s not an option, I’m wondering if Harris should be my choice. Thoughts?

Not sure your angle with tech policy, but no school has really figured out policy, With Chicago Harris, you'll at least have an awesome institutional and peer support that McCourt doesn't provide. McCourt might be in DC, but you would be going it alone. In the world gone digital, location matters less now.