Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

Hi friends, do you guys think it will be "easier" to apply for HKS with another Harvard graduate degree? I'm planning to apply to HKS next year and currently about to attend Harvard for a different program. Thanks a lot!

Received the HKS magazine yesterday; MPP applicant based in NYC, did not apply for financial aid/fellowships. Related to what someone had said on this thread earlier, I'm fully confident this has nothing to do with admissions chances - HKS wouldn't be so silly. Either all applicants (or those in the US & Canada) will receive it, or those who had somehow checked some box in the application or expressed some form of interest in staying subscribed received it.

12 hours ago, midcmpa21 said:

was wondering if you got an email from them to apply? in the beginning of this thread we were a little curious if everyone was reached out!

Did not receive the email. Is this fellowship even applicable to the 1 year MC/MPA program? The fellowship mentions it is for 2 year programs.

2 hours ago, sup5505 said:

Received the HKS magazine yesterday; MPP applicant based in NYC, did not apply for financial aid/fellowships. Related to what someone had said on this thread earlier, I'm fully confident this has nothing to do with admissions chances - HKS wouldn't be so silly. Either all applicants (or those in the US & Canada) will receive it, or those who had somehow checked some box in the application or expressed some form of interest in staying subscribed received it.

Completely agree - I'm in Toronto, Canada, my last name starts with M, and I received a magazine earlier this week. I didn't for a moment think it meant I was accepted, and I figure I must've opted in (or forgotten to opt out) to receive their magazine. I'm only going to look through it if I'm accepted though - I don't want to get my hopes up and then get a rejection email next week.

13 hours ago, haroldhar said:

Did not receive the email. Is this fellowship even applicable to the 1 year MC/MPA program? The fellowship mentions it is for 2 year programs.

yeah I got the email and I was also thinking the same but applied after confirming!

5 hours ago, Newpitt said:

This is so odd, I did not receive the email for PEPG and my industry is education. 

Me too - I've applied to MC MPA, as well, but Mason program but have not heard back about a single fellowship. My area is education too. Do you think they have seperate fellowships marked out for different programs. 

What other programs have you applied to and got in?

1 hour ago, nkrish21 said:

Me too - I've applied to MC MPA, as well, but Mason program but have not heard back about a single fellowship. My area is education too. Do you think they have seperate fellowships marked out for different programs. 

What other programs have you applied to and got in?

Actually, I have no idea. I'have applied also to Columbia SIPA, NYU Wagner. They already sent me an admission offer.

54 minutes ago, CAKHKS79 said:

I got magazine on 1st January 2021. hope this solves all of your quests . Result as per the previous trends would come most probably by 1 pm on 18th March 2021

Consensus here so far is that it will arrive a bit later in the month, but who knows. The blog says 'decisions will be released in late March'. 

2 minutes ago, EscapingBrexit said:

Consensus here so far is that it will arrive a bit later in the month, but who knows. The blog says 'decisions will be released in late March'. 

they generally release it on THURSDAY by 1 pm . March18 is the best bet

8 hours ago, CAKHKS79 said:

I got magazine on 1st January 2021. hope this solves all of your quests . Result as per the previous trends would come most probably by 1 pm on 18th March 2021

Unlikely as this year's dates/deadlines, as well as postings to the HKS blog are following a delayed schedule compared to all previous years. Based on how this year's deadlines have corresponded to previous years so far, we're most likely looking at the 25th

3 hours ago, William_1982 said:

Since they’ve repeatedly said “late March” I think the 25th is far more likely than the 18th. 

Chicago said late November and I got my result on 19 th of the month. late term stand for last two weeks of the month generally . Of course all others have released their decisions and HKS need to release it sooner

Just now, CAKHKS79 said:

please explain this theory

if I remember correctly someone here mentioned that it takes around 100 days for the whole process and I think on the 18th it’s the 100th day!

fingers crossed — good luck!

?