1 minute ago, audiologymaybe said:

Congratulations! Did you get an email from them?

Email came after my uoZone update. My status changed last friday from "Waiting List" to "Under Evaluation". Then the status disappeared altogether Tuesday! I emailed to inquire and then the next day I got admitted

I was wondering if anyone had any insight where the Dal admissions are at?  I know they are sending out offers on the waitlist now but it seems to be going slow.  Has anyone received an admissions offer in the last week?   I see on the Facebook group that there is only 19/38 members, which not everyone could be on but just curious if it has been like this in the past.

5 hours ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

anyone else admitted to UofA off the waitlist still waiting for FGSR to send you your official letter? I’ve been waiting 11 days now..

I waited I think 17 days for mine so the wait is normal! I was told they've been busier this year.

Hey guys,

Congrats to all those that got in! If people don't mind, could someone message me with their application details? I got rejected and want to see where I might possibly be lacking. 

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Hello all, 

Has anyone emailed Janet at western to get feedback on their application? 

Apparently the program is full 

7 hours ago, SpeechieAlly said:

?

Yea, I think Western is more competitive since they only have 30 seats whereas U of T has 60. I got into U of T right away but for Western, I was in the 4th quadrant ??  From what I gather, the only school where you may get in with a sGPA under 3.70 is Alberta, but only if you have a very strong application (e.g., hundreds of volunteer hours, multiple degrees.) Anywhere else (at least I can only speak for the english schools since thats all I know), you may get off the waiting list with a 3.7-3.8.

This is just what I've figured from talking with other people and reading this forum. If anyone disagrees/have conflicting evidence, please feel free to correct me!

11 hours ago, KSpeech said:

Any updates on Dal's waitlist?

I have not heard anything yet either. Any updates from anyone else? Does anyone know if there is a waitlist deadline / when we can hope for a decision? I am just wondering if it can be till September (i./e school starts) or can I expect something earlier? 

18 hours ago, Quote_Actual said:

Yea, I think Western is more competitive since they only have 30 seats whereas U of T has 60. I got into U of T right away but for Western, I was in the 4th quadrant ??  From what I gather, the only school where you may get in with a sGPA under 3.70 is Alberta, but only if you have a very strong application (e.g., hundreds of volunteer hours, multiple degrees.) Anywhere else (at least I can only speak for the english schools since thats all I know), you may get off the waiting list with a 3.7-3.8.

This is just what I've figured from talking with other people and reading this forum. If anyone disagrees/have conflicting evidence, please feel free to correct me!

Just thought I would add some thoughts on this ?

From what I remember, I believe Western SLP has about 50 seats!  Also I had a 3.64 sGPA and was in the top of the 2nd quadrant on Western's waitlist. I feel like it can vary from school to school and it's tough to know exactly what to improve on for the next application to ensure admission ? 

14 hours ago, jnayar04 said:

I have not heard anything yet either. Any updates from anyone else? Does anyone know if there is a waitlist deadline / when we can hope for a decision? I am just wondering if it can be till September (i./e school starts) or can I expect something earlier? 

I haven't heard anything either... starting to think the program is full. 

22 hours ago, Quote_Actual said:

Congrats on your acceptances wow!! If you don't mind me asking, when people talk about their sGPA are they referring to the ORPAS score or the way the individual school calculates it? I am planning on applying for the first time this year and am a little confused how people are calculating their scores. Thank you in advance!! 

23 minutes ago, hopefulslper said:

Congrats on your acceptances wow!! If you don't mind me asking, when people talk about their sGPA are they referring to the ORPAS score or the way the individual school calculates it? I am planning on applying for the first time this year and am a little confused how people are calculating their scores. Thank you in advance!! 

We mean how ORPAS calculates our sGPA! So how they do it is kinda confusing, but this is how its done:

1. Gather your last 20 half courses/10 full year courses/combo of both 
  2. Take the letter grade that you got and convert it to GPA based on this table https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-conversion-table/
  3. Now, find the values, which is Length * GPA = New Value 
    1. If it was a semester class then then length is 1. So if you got an A in a semester class, thats 1 * 3.8 = 3.8
    2. If it was a full year class, then the length is 2. If you got an A in this full year class, its 2 * 3.8 = 7.6
  4. Do that for every class, add up all the new values and divide by 20 (so just finding the average)
  5. And there, you should have your subGPA!

Here is a screenshot from ORPAS of how they calculated mine. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but after staring at it for a bit I understood. Hope this helps! 

image.thumb.png.5a18f72e5cd95bf4cff5583079962e55.png 

Edited by Quote_Actual

48 minutes ago, Quote_Actual said:

We mean how ORPAS calculates our sGPA! So how they do it is kinda confusing, but this is how its done:

2. Take the letter grade that you got and convert it to GPA based on this table https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-conversion-table/
    1. If it was a semester class then then length is 1. So if you got an A in a semester class, thats 1 * 3.8 = 3.8
    2. If it was a full year class, then the length is 2. If you got an A in this full year class, its 2 * 3.8 = 7.6
  4. Do that for every class, add up all the new values and divide by 20 (so just finding the average)

Here is a screenshot from ORPAS of how they calculated mine. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but after staring at it for a bit I understood. Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the reply 

5 hours ago, Quote_Actual said:

Yes, really helpful! Thank you. Do you happen to know how Orpas deals with courses taken overseas on an exchange year?

8 minutes ago, jec said:

Yes, really helpful! Thank you. Do you happen to know how Orpas deals with courses taken overseas on an exchange year?

They include it in your calculation! I did a year abroad in The Netherlands and I had to get the school to send my transcripts to ORPAS. So at the bottom of the pic you will see **Average** under the "Course" heading. That was an average of some of my courses (just enough to fill the remaining credits) I took over there. I was very sad because, if you look closely, it really lowered my overall average ?? But no regrets of course, it was worth it! 

On 5/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, SpeechieAlly said:

Has anyone gotten into Western with a 3.60 sGPA?

I got onto the Western waitlist (still in the 1st quad waiting) with a 3.61 sGPA. From what I understand Western generally focuses more on experience over GPA where as UofT is the opposite