NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

I just got an email about Extranet. Anyone else??

ETA:

Hello,

In order to ensure that you receive your results for the 2021 NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships and Canada Graduate Scholarships – Doctoral (PGS/CGS D) competition in a timely manner, NSERC has developed an extranet site to securely share this information electronically.

To support this process, you will be receiving two system-generated emails from NSERC prompting you to access your new account on the NSERC Scholarships and Fellowships Extranet. The first email will contain a link to the extranet as well as your username, and the second email will contain your password. Once you log into your account, you will be able to access award information such as your notification of results letter for the recent PGS/CGS D competition, which will be available by April 30, 2021. If you do not receive the system-generated emails within two days from the date of this email, first check your spam email folder and then contact us at schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca

If a profile was previously created for you, the same login will be used to access your award information. If you forgot your login credentials, you can use the automated recovery tools to regain access.

Sincerely,

NSERC Scholarships and Fellowships Division

Edited by illuminatice

1 minute ago, illuminatice said:

ETA:

Hello,

In order to ensure that you receive your results for the 2021 NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships and Canada Graduate Scholarships – Doctoral (PGS/CGS D) competition in a timely manner, NSERC has developed an extranet site to securely share this information electronically.

To support this process, you will be receiving two system-generated emails from NSERC prompting you to access your new account on the NSERC Scholarships and Fellowships Extranet. The first email will contain a link to the extranet as well as your username, and the second email will contain your password. Once you log into your account, you will be able to access award information such as your notification of results letter for the recent PGS/CGS D competition, which will be available by April 30, 2021. If you do not receive the system-generated emails within two days from the date of this email, first check your spam email folder and then contact us at schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca

If a profile was previously created for you, the same login will be used to access your award information. If you forgot your login credentials, you can use the automated recovery tools to regain access.

Sincerely,

Got it as well. At least now we know it's April 30. Here we gooo!!

Just now, BethL said:

Interesting that it says the award info will be available on Extranet by April 30th, 2021. Does that mean we are checking everyday until the 30th??? haha

I will (try to) convince myself it's on April 30 and not before, maybe it'll help reduce the anxiety and dreadful wait. I doubt the plan will work though :D 

As we're heading into the last phase of this process, a couple of advices based on reading last year's thread (Maybe someone who applied last year can also comment): 
1- The process of sending emails and results in the extranet system is slow and is not at the same time for everyone, just wait a bit and you'll get it. 

2- The results appear in a random order (at least last year). They don't seem to follow an alphabetical order, committee order, or even award result (Successful or not). It's just random. Not worth it to have the mini-heart attack and develop all the theories on the order of the results. 

3- I hope we all get the awards, but unfortunately it's not possible (sad but realistic). However, many, many applicants get their award in their second or third application. Never give up:)

Best of luck everyone, we're almost there.

14 minutes ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

Seriously though, why are they consistently late? Why don't they at least update their timeline on the website to match their records of how long it takes them to process the applications? it is kind of messed up that we are all kept hanging for over a month! -_-

Isn't it ironic how the biggest Canadian funding agency for RESEARCH has not made any progress in their procedures? :D

49 minutes ago, illuminatice said:

ETA:

Hello,

Sincerely,

Got it too!!

1 hour ago, aenzenh said:

Isn't it ironic how the biggest Canadian funding agency for RESEARCH has not made any progress in their procedures? :D

Reading this thread is a trip haha. At least ya'll don't have to wait for a letter via snail mail like in previous years ? Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, RCJ said:

Reading this thread is a trip haha. At least ya'll don't have to wait for a letter via snail mail like in previous years ? Good luck everyone!

That's true. I guess I'm too young to remember that universities, etc. would even mail acceptance letters to you :D

Edited by aenzenh