DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Has anyone here ever tried to phone the Bonn's offices? I've contacted my Scholarship Programm (GSSP) Referent one week ago, who hasn't replied me yet.

No changes on my status, almost two months passed since I've uploaded all the required documents. I would just like to ask if everything is ok ???

28 minutes ago, Verner said:

I think they have already sent emails to reserved candidates at the same time with rejections. I have heard that from my Georgian friend as well. Additionally, yesterday on the portal we got new options like application for online begin of the master degree. So we have probably got the scholarship.

I expect that we get a notification today via portal and award letters next week. But yes, until we get the official answers we would still feel anxious and suspicious.

Are you sure these portal changes did not happen for everyone? Mine has also something about bank statement and insurance policy ?Ā 

35 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Has anyone here ever tried to phone the Bonn's offices? I've contacted my Scholarship Programm (GSSP) Referent one week ago, who hasn't replied me yet.

No changes on my status, almost two months passed since I've uploaded all the required documents. I would just like to ask if everything is ok ???

Las thing I heard was in November, half a year agoĀ ?Ā  I'm also intrigued by the people on here who've successfully contacted their local offices though... I'm *almost* considering it but idk, should probably just train my patience

14 minutes ago, Ufora said:

Las thing I heard was in November, half a year agoĀ ?Ā  I'm also intrigued by the people on here who've successfully contacted their local offices though... I'm *almost* considering it but idk, should probably just train my patience

Unfortunately the scholarship I've applied to, despite my nationality, is not depending on the Italian DAAD office, but on the Bonn's one.

The coordinator replied me once, when I've asked about a technical problem. This time I've haven't heard from him at all.

51 minutes ago, WS11 said:

Are you sure these portal changes did not happen for everyone? Mine has also something about bank statement and insurance policy ?Ā 

I have seen the portal of the reserved candidate, and it is not like that. Let's wait for the award letters. I do hope we get them at least next week.

1 hour ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

Yeah that is a thing :DĀ I can't even tell anyone yet until I have an official answer. let's hope theĀ status will be changed todayĀ 

Do not expect the status to change. It changes into "funding" even days after you get your award letter. We should expect to get a message on the portal from Dr. Heiko Schmidt :D

6 minutes ago, Verner said:

I have seen the portal of the reserved candidate, and it is not like that. Let's wait for the award letters. I do hope we get them at least next week.

ohh that's good news i guessĀ  :D I have talked to my local office and they said some people have receivedĀ their awardĀ letters on 15/16th but she said they had applied to "special" scholarship for economy/business studies.Ā Ā 

Edited by WS11

2 minutes ago, WS11 said:

ohh that's good news i guessĀ  :D I have talked to my local office and they said some people have receivedĀ their awardĀ letters on 15/16th but she said they had applied to "special" scholarship for economy/business studies.Ā Ā 

Yes, it is called DAAD ERP. They have got their results last week.

44 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

Hi, I got doctoral scholarship and will do my PhD at RUB.

What's your major? Have you take the admission letter?

5 hours ago, Autumn Equinox said:

Ah true the UK seems to have beenĀ doing well with vaccination. They are speeding up vaccination here in Australia as well, I imagine it's similar in NZ? Both Oz and NZ are in Germany's exemption listĀ last I checked so should be no problem with arriving there. I suppose the concern is whether we're allowed to leave & when/how/whether we can go back if things get worse...Ā Ā 

I have some underlining health conditions so won't be able to leave unless it's safe overseas anyway. I won't mind studying online or even deferring the course to next year if things don't improve to be honest. We'll see soon I guess...

We're gradually speeding up too ?

I actually listened to a podcast with Dr Ciesnik (one of Germany's major epidemiologists) today, and she actually sounded quite optimistic that things would improve over summer, which was quite reassuring! But I guess you're right - we'll just have to wait and see what happensĀ 

1 minute ago, WS11 said:

Guys my status just went blank, does anyone know what it means?

You will see your results soon. In my case, it took 1 day

5 hours ago, WS11 said:

I noticed I have this "consent processing medical data" but nothing about bank statement. I also don't know if all applicants have that since the start, because I didn't observed the options I had in the portal.

Also, when I click on the Insurance tab now, it says: "You are or have already been insured by the DAAD. Please contact the insurance department to change your insurance-related data, extend or take out a new insurance policy". You guys also have something like that?Ā 

So far no change in the status - still "paper copies received" ?

Edited by Humbd

58 minutes ago, Humbd said:

I noticed I have this "consent processing medical data" but nothing about bank statement. I also don't know if all applicants have that since the start, because I didn't observed the options I had in the portal.

Also, when I click on the Insurance tab now, it says: "You are or have already been insured by the DAAD. Please contact the insurance department to change your insurance-related data, extend or take out a new insurance policy". You guys also have something like that?Ā 

So far no change in the status - still "paper copies received" ?

No changes here either - still paper copies received. I also get the "already been insured" message, but no clue if that's just a bug / something that everyone has Āæ Nothing about a bank statement thoughĀ 

Edited by Ufora

2 hours ago, Pevod said:

What's your major? Have you take the admission letter?

I will graduate soon with Master's degree in Physics. My PhD is going to be at Astronomisches Institut RUB, although I haven't done anything for the admission yet. My supervisor says that the admission doesn't take much time, but I need to have all my documents ready, including Master's diploma. It is already a bit more than 2 weeks since I got notification about scholarship, but I haven't received my award letter yet. I will start admission process as soon as I collect all necessary documents.

Edited by StellarWind

13 minutes ago, Ufora said:

No changes here either - still paper copies received. I also get the "already been insured" message, but no clue if that's just a bug / something that everyone has Āæ Nothing about a bank statement thoughĀ 

Yes, I was also thinking that was a bug, as we are still applicants and maybe we are not allowed to go to this section until we get our results...Ā 

On 4/24/2021 at 10:31 AM, Salome Margvelashvili said:

As far as I know from previous threads, the blank space always changes to funding. So that is a good sign. Where are you from ?

It is still blank... :(
Armenia,Ā All Disciplines