DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

3 hours ago, Daria_Ts said:

It's really crossing all lines. How more time they need to tell us these results? I can't believe I didn't make it before I see the official rejection letter ?
Also, yesterday I received an invitation for the entrance exam from the university. It's funny, but somehow the university was able to select candidates for one week (!). Just one week of waiting! Compare it to the months we're waiting for DAAD... I hope this agony will end soon guys! 

Which university have you applied for?

I sent the application for LMU, but I won't hear from them until mid July, since they don't process applications before the deadline ?

Also, I sent an email to DAAD since I want to try the feeling "you'll know in two week" at least once. I think you are not living the whole experience if you don't receive that answer hahaha

I'll let you know 

Just received the answer: the interviews were in march and april for the preselected candidates and the results will arrive in June.

So for the italians (Masters) who did not receive an interview there is not much hope left :,) 

I was still hoping that some of us were selected even without interview but it is not possible apparently... ?

I just don't get why they are waiting so much to send the rejections... 

15 minutes ago, _Bea_ said:

Just received the answer: the interviews were in march and april for the preselected candidates and the results will arrive in June.

So for the italians (Masters) who did not receive an interview there is not much hope left :,) 

I was still hoping that some of us were selected even without interview but it is not possible apparently... ?

Oh, okay. Now, I've lost all hope...

I also don't understand why they don't send the rejections earlier.

Thank you for the message anyways :)

17 minutes ago, _Bea_ said:

Sorry to hear that! 
I've also got an informal message about rejection, so we are in the same boat now waiting for official letter ?

I've applied for Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal (Campus Magdeburg in my case). The deadline was 31 May. Design studies always have entrance exams and interviews, which usually take place in July. If your target program doesn't have any, I think it's OK to wait longer.

This is insane... I need to accept or reject my university application next week and it depends on he daad results so I guess I'm screwed now :)

I cant believe they have taken this long! I havent been able to get jobs and neither plan my life in Germany! My partner was planning on moving to Germany with me and now it's not possible because it's already very late!

this is just so stressful (and disrespectful), I just want to know so I can plan my future, man :(

just a vent from a fellow portuguese masters applicant! All the best to you guys, you have made a the waiting much easier!

It's pretty sad ? I really hope I will be able to find a job there I guess... with covid is even more difficult 

I don't think I want to give up and I am planning to go anyway if I get accepted and try again for DAAD next year. Anyone coming to munich?

Just now, Daria_Ts said:

Sorry to hear that! 
I've also got an informal message about rejection, so we are in the same boat now waiting for official letter ?

I've applied for Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal (Campus Magdeburg in my case). The deadline was 31 May. Design studies always have entrance exams and interviews, which usually take place in July. If your target program doesn't have any, I think it's OK to wait longer.

Yes, there is just an interview, but it should be pretty formal for physics from what I have heard

15 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Guys, I have just got an email from my Phd supervisor.

They called her this morning from the Graduate School for telling her that I have got the scholarship!!!

I am still waiting for an official communication from DAAD but... GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Can't really belive!!!

OW! 

THAT IS INSANE. Congratulations! That is exciting. 

Our guru is going to Germany, guys. Haha ? But, no, seriously, congrats. You totally deserve it. 

2 hours ago, sofiamariiz said:

This is insane... I need to accept or reject my university application next week and it depends on he daad results so I guess I'm screwed now :)

I cant believe they have taken this long! I havent been able to get jobs and neither plan my life in Germany! My partner was planning on moving to Germany with me and now it's not possible because it's already very late!

this is just so stressful (and disrespectful), I just want to know so I can plan my future, man :(

just a vent from a fellow portuguese masters applicant! All the best to you guys, you have made a the waiting much easier!

Hey, Sofia, same boat. Do you know anyone that was called for an interview, if we really have an interview? Do you know other people that applied as well? 

From the data of last years, I didn't see many scholarship holders from Portugal. 

4 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

❤️

Still waiting for daad comunication... I AM NOT LEAVING YOU ALONE GUYS

I hope so! Then, when our results come out, you can comfort us or celebrate with us. Haha

Edited by Humbd

31 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

They called her this morning from the Graduate School for telling her that I have got the scholarship!!!

I am still waiting for an official communication from DAAD but... GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Can't really belive!!!

I am so glad for you. Grandissima.
Did you have an interview in the last months or none at all? 'Cause I did not have any interview and I applied for the PhD Scolarship. 

58 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

O my god! I am so happy for you! At least some good news today!  You better start that German course hahah

22 minutes ago, Wario said:

I am so glad for you. Grandissima.
Did you have an interview in the last months or none at all? 'Cause I did not have any interview and I applied for the PhD Scolarship. 

3 minutes ago, _Bea_ said:

O my god! I am so happy for you! At least some good news today!  You better start that German course hahah

Grazie mille ragazzi!

Yes, my daad scholarship is the GSSP, which is in collaboration with selected Graduate Schools. Basically, I went through a quite long selection process hold by my selected school (including two interviews), and then finally nominated to DAAD, who had the last word on me. ??

56 minutes ago, Humbd said:

Hey, Sofia, same boat. Do you know anyone that was called for an interview, if we really have an interview? Do you know other people that applied as well? 

From the data of last years, I didn't see many scholarship holders from Portugal. 

Hey,

I'm pretty sure they didnt do any interviews, I dont think they do that in Portugal! But I dont know anyone else that has applied...

From the data I think they'll probably hand out 10 scholarships to Portugal... I contacted them a few months ago and they said they are still waiting for the final results and that we should know the results this month... but who knows?

1 hour ago, Cam31 said:

Yeyyyyyyyyyyy congratulations!!!!

5 hours ago, pdrviana said:

Soon it will be one-year aniversary of my DAAD application. ?

Just emailed Brazil office and they told me the selection was made and now they will do the formalities to inform the results. 
the results could be out this week or the next...

Don’t know if it’s good news to hear the same old “two weeks” hahahah

1 hour ago, Clarl said:

Just emailed Brazil office and they told me the selection was made and now they will do the formalities to inform the results. 
the results could be out this week or the next...

Don’t know if it’s good news to hear the same old “two weeks” hahahah

Finally! I guess Brazillian office was actually very honest when they told me the results could be out anytime within the first semester, and since the results from the Uni will only be out by the end of this month its even better if I know everything at once haha ?

Where are you applying to?

27 minutes ago, pdrviana said:

Finally! I guess Brazillian office was actually very honest when they told me the results could be out anytime within the first semester, and since the results from the Uni will only be out by the end of this month its even better if I know everything at once haha ?

Where are you applying to?

I am applying to the udk, Stage Design, the Hfbk in Hamburg and the udk Costume Design. I was already rejected by Hfbk, now waiting on the udk.

How about you? 

51 minutes ago, Clarl said:

I am applying to the udk, Stage Design, the Hfbk in Hamburg and the udk Costume Design. I was already rejected by Hfbk, now waiting on the udk.

How about you? 

I was also rejected by hfbk (film) :( now waiting on hfk - bremen and film university in potsdam. Udk is a great option, good luck!

8 minutes ago, pdrviana said:

I was also rejected by hfbk (film) :( now waiting on hfk - bremen and film university in potsdam. Udk is a great option, good luck!

They say hfbk usually only accepts students that made the Ba there... do you know Pedro Risse? He studied a master at udk something about media... 

thank you! Good luck to you too! And let’s hope to get some answers this month :)