DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Congrats on all who got the scholarships, I am so sorry for you guys who didnt get it...They dont deserve you ā¤ļø. Can anyone from Kosovo, Serbia or Macedonia tell me if there are any news on all discipline funding? They said they will chose the winners this week, but still the status shows preselection made only.

Just now, SofĆ­a_S said:

BeKay you applied for a short term grant didn't you??? me too and my status is in blank since yesterday :(

Yes I applied for the short term. But I know that a blank status means funding, right?Ā 

3 minutes ago, BeKay said:

I read here in the forum that when you have a blank status, it means the next change of your status will be funding. I hope that this is really true and you will get it!!!

I didn't know that... hope is true!

9 minutes ago, BeKay said:

I read here in the forum that when you have a blank status, it means the next change of your status will be funding. I hope that this is really true and you will get it!!!

your status was in blank too before it said "funding"??

Dear fellas,

Ā I have applied for the ā€œResearch Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2021/22ā€, I think of myself an exceptional case because my country of origin is different from where I applied. I and my supervisor have spent a fair shareĀ of time on developing the research proposal and he has given me a splendid recommendation letter too. I am quite satisfied with the interview which was in Nov.Ā 

Ever since my interview the application status is ā€œPaper Copies Receivedā€, as per DAADā€™s promise the result was supposed to be announced in March. ButĀ on the 31st the representative in answer to my inquiry told me to wait until the end of April.

Just want you guysā€™ opinion on should I still freak out or is the result going to unfavorable?

Kind Regards,

Ā 

53 minutes ago, Arli said:

Congrats on all who got the scholarships, I am so sorry for you guys who didnt get it...They dont deserve you ā¤ļø. Can anyone from Kosovo, Serbia or Macedonia tell me if there are any news on all discipline funding? They said they will chose the winners this week, but still the status shows preselection made only.

I've applied for "Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines" from Serbia, and also still have "Preselection made" under the application status. I also sent an e-mail to DAAD office in Serbia this morning, but still haven't received a reply regarding when to expect the results ?

Ā 

4 hours ago, BeKay said:

Yes I applied for the short term. But I know that a blank status means funding, right?Ā 

Hi, I am from Macedonia and I received the acceptance letter on Tuesday, the same day my status changed to selection made. I had an interview late January just for reference. Hope you get the scholarship. All the best :)Ā 

5 hours ago, Arli said:

Ā 

Quoted the wrong person in my last post but here is my message:

Hi, I am from Macedonia and I received the acceptance letter on Tuesday, the same day my status changed to selection made. I had an interview late January just for reference. Hope you get the scholarship. All the bestĀ :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, MinhSg said:

Hi there,

Update from Vietnam. I've just got a rejection letter from DAAD.

However, I still finger cross for you all! Best luck!

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best for your career.

12 hours ago, AHPK said:

Hey guys,

I am from South Korea which is Asia & Pacific region.

I have been also waiting for any result of DAAD Doctoral research grants 2021/22.

My application status is still "Application submitted" and my funding end date has just changed from 30/09/2024 to 30/09/2022 which is 1 year after the start date.

According to that, I dug here this forum, if the funding end date change means we can expect positive results. But I haven't got any e-mail from the DAAD Bonn office yet.

Any info of the Asia&Pacific region about DAAD results guys?

And I am also finger-crossing for you and God bless all of you!

I'm from Thailand and my status still application submitted. Nothing else change as well. I received the latest information today that the results will be ready within 2-3 week.

30 minutes ago, Anna658 said:

Ā 

Quoted the wrong person in my last post but here is my message:

Hi, I am from Macedonia and I received the acceptance letter on Tuesday, the same day my status changed to selection made. I had an interview late January just for reference. Hope you get the scholarship. All the bestĀ :)Ā 

Ā 
  • Ā 

Ā 

Thank you! Congratulations ā¤ļøĀ 

5 hours ago, FMP said:

Dear fellas,

Ā I have applied for the ā€œResearch Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2021/22ā€, I think of myself an exceptional case because my country of origin is different from where I applied. I and my supervisor have spent a fair shareĀ of time on developing the research proposal and he has given me a splendid recommendation letter too. I am quite satisfied with the interview which was in Nov.Ā 

Ever since my interview the application status is ā€œPaper Copies Receivedā€, as per DAADā€™s promise the result was supposed to be announced in March. ButĀ on the 31st the representative in answer to my inquiry told me to wait until the end of April.

Just want you guysā€™ opinion on should I still freak out or is the result going to unfavorable?

Kind Regards,

Ā 

Relax... Don't give up.. There is still time... Language course begins in June.. So releasing results end of April is still OK..Ā 

12 hours ago, _cylon_ said:

Hello @onairĀ same here on my end with the fancy reflection notice. Letā€™s keep looking for the other options. I am already in Germany and if you have Ā any questions please let me know.Ā 

I'd appreciate, as it seems like I'll end up with finding a part-time job there. Could use your wisdom :)Ā Let me contact you then.

11 hours ago, AP_sun said:

I'm from Thailand and my status still application submitted. Nothing else change as well. I received the latest information today that the results will be ready within 2-3 week.

Has your funding end date also beenĀ changed?

2-3 weeks is so awful :(

I know they are facing with first COVID 19 situation so it must be little delay compared to the last year,

but it is toooooooo frustrated.

Ā 

Hello everyone!

I have applied for long-term research stay for doctoral candidates and yesterday I have received message on the Portal saying that I got the scholarship! Official award letter should follow soon.

My application status has not changed and is still 'selection made', so don't feel too anxious if there are no changes in your status either, apparently the selection process itself does not necessarily correlate with changes in portal.

Ā 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Ā 

3 hours ago, AHPK said:

Has your funding end date also beenĀ changed?

2-3 weeks is so awful :(

I know they are facing with first COVID 19 situation so it must be little delay compared to the last year,

but it is toooooooo frustrated.

Ā 

No, my funding end date isn't changed. There was first postponed that they said it's related to pandemic but this second postponed they didn't give a reason.

Last year was also covid 19.

Ā 

Anyway, just stay calm and have a hope.

Ā 

Ā 

17 hours ago, Joym said:

Relax... Don't give up.. There is still time... Language course begins in June.. So releasing results end of April is still OK..Ā 

Thanks buddy,

Ā I will try to keep the fingers crossed ?. But you know, I prepared the research proposal in coordination with my prospective supervisor and it took us more than a dozen Skype meetings. At the end he wrote a recommendation letter beyond my expectations, explicitly asking the funding body to consider the research.Ā 
If I still get a rejection letter it would be giving up on the dream of getting my degree.Ā 
I really hope to hear a positive news soon. ?Ā 

Ā 

55 minutes ago, FMP said:

Thanks buddy,

Ā I will try to keep the fingers crossed ?. But you know, I prepared the research proposal in coordination with my prospective supervisor and it took us more than a dozen Skype meetings. At the end he wrote a recommendation letter beyond my expectations, explicitly asking the funding body to consider the research.Ā 
If I still get a rejection letter it would be giving up on the dream of getting my degree.Ā 
I really hope to hear a positive news soon. ?Ā 

Ā 

Hi there!

I can clearly understand your point. I think the same happens for most of the applicants for DAAD PhD scholarship. Personally for me, my research proposal is the best statement I have ever written. I did it together with my prospective supervisor and her postdoc. The more we were planning our research, the more stronger was my willing to participate in it :). My recommendation letter was also at the high level. For a number of reasons, DAAD scholarship is the only funding source that could allow to start PhD this year. I suppose the same is applicable for the majority of PhD candidates. Surely, the funding is very limited, thus the scholarship is highly competitive.

So, I would recommend you to keep a cool head, because at the moment you can do nothing to support you candidature. Don't loose the hope, but think about any other options to pursue your degree (next year admission or another supervisor with his/her funding). I am waiting for my results too, trying to balance between rational searching for plan B (in case of rejection) and upcoming waiting-caused mental health disorder ?

Edited by StellarWind