DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

2 minutes ago, Joym said:

The status shouldn't worry you.. It's supposed to be: application submitted - paper copies received - pre-selection made - selection made - funding / rejected... But not all offices follow this process... For some it moves from application submitted to selection made then funding or rejected.. Like in my case it's still at "paper copies received" yet I was preselected for interview... It has never changed to pre-selection made

I agree with it. But bit different. We are talking about the selection procedure after interview.

In my case, there was also paper copies received and chosen for interview. before the interview they never change the application status until final decision goes on.

4 minutes ago, AP_sun said:

In summarization.

Change in funding date may obviously results in funding but in some cases they have nothing changed but got funding as well. Some of the people who got the change for ending date get rejection.

In my opinion, this circumstance may depend also on each DAAD local office and what is most important is the funding or rejection letter.

Just don't panic for status or changing end date and I will try to not be anxiety as well.

Finger crossed.

Yes and in addition to, course that we applied for is also important.

Just now, AHPK said:

As the DAAD official site of Korea,

They said that "we will not engage the selection procedure after interview, please contact directly to DAAD bonn about all things happened or will happen after the interview."

Ā 

So, i think the local DAAD only engages to the application screening and set the interview schedule and site.

And selection process after interview will only done by the DAAD bonn office.

Some people from my country who submitted the same scholarship received rejected email, however, I'm still not receive any emails from DAAD. Therefore I reckon it comprises many stages in this process

I just called my local DAAD office. So for Asia Pacific region is as follows.

Ā 

The ranking and selection was made already at the beginning February but the matter of time is just settling the financial down in each field of study.

Ā 

Usually, the person who got rejected will get rejection letter before the person who will get funding and I have heard some people from Asia region already got the rejection letter already so everybody will get the results very soon. The officer said is kinda good sign for whoever that doesn't get any news yet because the funding letter is announcing a bit later than rejection letter.

Ā 

By the way, for some countries the letter was made from Bonn but some was made from local office, but the results should be announced within the same period of time.

Ā 

The officer said that there is actually no step between application submitted to selection made and the process is probably done differently for each office. So he confirmed that the application status and end date didn't matter.

Ā 

I think that this information helps.

2 minutes ago, AP_sun said:

I just called my local DAAD office. So for Asia Pacific region is as follows.

Ā 

The ranking and selection was made already at the beginning February but the matter of time is just settling the financial down in each field of study.

Ā 

Usually, the person who got rejected will get rejection letter before the person who will get funding and I have heard some people from Asia region already got the rejection letter already so everybody will get the results very soon. The officer said is kinda good sign for whoever that doesn't get any news yet because the funding letter is announcing a bit later than rejection letter.

Ā 

By the way, for some countries the letter was made from Bonn but some was made from local office, but the results should be announced within the same period of time.

Ā 

The officer said that there is actually no step between application submitted to selection made and the process is probably done differently for each office. So he confirmed that the application status and end date didn't matter.

Ā 

I think that this information helps.

You r da hero! Many thanks for your info!

News from Ukraine! I just got an email that I have new massage in the portal. There was a document attached to this massage saying that I got the scholarship!! Yay!!? I applied for PhD scholarship. I will also have 2-months German course in August and September. The award letter will come later.

Right now my dates of funding have changed, but the status is still 'selection made'.

Dreams come true. ā¤ļø

Edited by StellarWind

12 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

News from Ukraine! I just got an email that I have new massage in the portal. There was a document attached to this massage saying that I got the scholarship!! Yay!!? I applied for PhD scholarship. I will also have 2-months German course in August and September. The award letter will come later.

Right now my dates of funding have changed, but the status is still 'selection made'.

Dreams come true. ā¤ļø

Congratulations.Ā  What's your subject you apply for

43 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

Dreams come true. ā¤ļø

Congratulations ??āœØ??āœØ??

32 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

Dreams come true. ā¤ļø

Congratulations...Ā 

HiĀ everyone!
I've been lurking on this topic refreshing the latest page for a couple of days now (but was scared that posting wouldĀ jinx my chances haha). Thanks to everyone contributing to the conversation, it really feels like a support group.

I just received the message on the portal saying that I've been selected! (Balkans, All Academic Disciplines)

A question to those who've also received this news - do we need to reply to this message? Or do we wait for the officialĀ letter to arrive?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, soyprotein said:

HiĀ everyone!
I've been lurking on this topic refreshing the latest page for a couple of days now (but was scared that posting wouldĀ jinx my chances haha). Thanks to everyone contributing to the conversation, it really feels like a support group.

I just received the message on the portal saying that I've been selected! (Balkans, All Academic Disciplines)

A question to those who've also received this news - do we need to reply to this message? Or do we wait for the officialĀ letter to arrive?

Thanks!

hii, congrats!
Can you tell me when you got interviewed and how was your status on the portal before and after this news?

Just now, Verner said:

hii, congrats!
Can you tell me when you got interviewed and how was your status on the portal before and after this news?

Thanks!

My interview was at the beginning of February, and my status on the portal was "Preselection Made" until a couple of hours ago, when it changed to "Selection Made" -Ā at the same time when I received theĀ message from the DAAD representative (also via the portal).

None of the dates were changed, btw.

Just now, soyprotein said:

Thanks!

My interview was at the beginning of February, and my status on the portal was "Preselection Made" until a couple of hours ago, when it changed to "Selection Made" -Ā at the same time when I received theĀ message from the DAAD representative (also via the portal).

None of the dates were changed, btw.

I was interviewed on the 3rd of March and my Status changed to Selection Made on the 23rd of March. But still no news. :(

26 minutes ago, Pet said:

They just sent me a congratulation letter. Wish you luck to all who are waiting!

Region: Turkey
Scholarship:Ā Study Scholarships - Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, 2021/22

Congratulations!

Can you tell me whether you were really satisfied with ur interview or not so much? How was your experience?

And maybe, do you know if other applicants from your country got rejection today or weeks ago?

1 hour ago, soyprotein said:

HiĀ everyone!

Thanks!

Congrats! Could you please tell us whether other applicants have already received rejection mails in your country or awards came first?

Edited by Lukass

4 minutes ago, Lukass said:

Congrats! Could you please tell us whether other applicants have already received rejection mails in your country or awards came first?

Honestly, I have no idea. I only know a few people from Serbia that have applied,Ā butĀ theyĀ applied within the artistic scholarships category, so their process and timeframeĀ is quite different.

Edited by soyprotein
to make it clearer

On 3/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, axe12 said:

@MartacappĀ @Bea99
I called them in the beginning of March (3rd of March). And they told me that the pre-selection will be made in three weeks (they are going to send emails). So, in the upcoming week we may hear from them. Also, they told me that there will be an interview and it will be online.Ā 
Ā 

Thatā€™s all what I know for now. Good luck to everyone!

Any news from Italy?

We were supposed to hear back from them about pre-selection by March, 23rd.

However, I called DAAD Rome last week, and have been told that interview invitations for shortlisted students will be sent out by the end of the week or, at the latest, by the upcoming week (which is now over). So, as of now, Friday afternoon, anyone got their invitations? I am worried because they could have informed just those shortlisted candidates..

Also, they told me that the final decision will be made in May or,Ā at the latest, by June! And coming from the current situation, it will most probably be even later than June ahaha, which is crazy!