DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

1 hour ago, Verner said:

Congratulations!

Can you tell me whether you were really satisfied with ur interview or not so much? How was your experience?

And maybe, do you know if other applicants from your country got rejection today or weeks ago?

I have no information about other candidates. As for the interview I would not say that I aced it, but I was fluent on answers and confident.

On 4/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, Lorena DLDM said:

Hi, im from Mexico and its a short stayĀ Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists, 2021 (3 months) research stay, could you give me more details please?Ā 

Hi, I am also from Mexico :), I got the Short-Term GrantĀ scholarship?, do you have some news about the Visa, I have understood that we don't need any visa for these 3 months but due to the pandemic I'm not sure, I called to the embassy but they only tell me that "sometimes the visa is necessary and they hung up :( ", I have understood we need to apply for the research visa. If you have any info please let me know, I would be very helpful.

Someone from here has already traveled to Germany for a short time (under this pandemic restriction), if so, did you need a visa?

ThanksĀ 

Edited by March3laG

13 hours ago, axe12 said:

Any news from Italy?

We were supposed to hear back from them about pre-selection by March, 23rd.

However, I called DAAD Rome last week, and have been told that interview invitations for shortlisted students will be sent out by the end of the week or, at the latest, by the upcoming week (which is now over). So, as of now, Friday afternoon, anyone got their invitations? I am worried because they could have informed just those shortlisted candidates..

Also, they told me that the final decision will be made in May or,Ā at the latest, by June! And coming from the current situation, it will most probably be even later than June ahaha, which is crazy!

Still nothing from me ?

But that means that some italians already did the interview or received the rejection email?Ā 

Also, usually the rejection emails preceed the confirmation ones... So it's probably a good sign if we didn't hear from them (?)

Hopefully monday we will hearĀ somethingĀ back

Hey everyone. I applied for short term grant for PhD candidates from Nigeria. I submitted my application in October last year. Two weeks ago, i noticed my status changed from 'application submitted' to 'funding' and there are icons to submit declaration of acceptance. However, I did not receive any congratulatory message from DAAD and no award letter has been sent yet. I think i should not take the 'funding' status serious?

On 4/4/2021 at 4:12 AM, Verner said:

What have you chosenĀ for your funding period? In my case it is:Ā 01.10.2021-30.09.2023

Did they change your choice?Ā 

I have applied to a bi-nationally doctoral program (3 years with 24 months of funding), I have chosen from 1-06-2021 to 31-05-2024, and they changed theĀ ending funding date to 31-05-2022. I have read in this chat that this is a good signal, so maybe this week i will receive the funding, i hope. My status is "selection made"

On 4/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, axe12 said:

Any news from Italy?

However, I called DAAD Rome last week, and have been told that interview invitations for shortlisted students will be sent out by the end of the week or, at the latest, by the upcoming week (which is now over). So, as of now, Friday afternoon, anyone got their invitations? I am worried because they could have informed just those shortlisted candidates..

Also, they told me that the final decision will be made in May or,Ā at the latest, by June! And coming from the current situation, it will most probably be even later than June ahaha, which is crazy!

what DAAD program did you apply for?

On 4/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, axe12 said:

Any news from Italy?

Hey! No news yet... I also emailed them a couple weeks ago and they told me they were going to send out the invitations to the interview until mid April. They also told me that those who don't get selected for the interview will get the rejection letter only at the end of the process, so like May or June. I guess that the fact that none of us got any invitation yet is a good sign. Hopefully we will hear something next week!!

12 hours ago, Martacapp said:

Hey! No news yet... I also emailed them a couple weeks ago and they told me they were going to send out the invitations to the interview until mid April. They also told me that those who don't get selected for the interview will get the rejection letter only at the end of the process, so like May or June. I guess that the fact that none of us got any invitation yet is a good sign. Hopefully we will hear something next week!!

So if we don't hear from them next week we're basically out of the game? Sad story hahaha

That's gonna be stressfull

I spoke to someone in theĀ DAAD Australia office on Friday and they advised that they are currently finalising scholarship awards and that those who applied for Masters - All disciplines will likely find out by the end of next week :)Ā Fingers crossed!

They also said the process has been slower this year due to the pandemic.

5 hours ago, _Bea_ said:

So if we don't hear from them next week we're basically out of the game? Sad story hahaha

That's gonna be stressfull

Well they didn't really give me a clear deadline... I think it could be next week or even the following one. We'll see, anyway there are at least 3 or 4 of us here so we'll know if someone gets the invitation.

7 hours ago, LuckyLuke23 said:

I spoke to someone in theĀ DAAD Australia office on Friday and they advised that they are currently finalising scholarship awards and that those who applied for Masters - All disciplines will likely find out by the end of next week :)Ā Fingers crossed!

They also said the process has been slower this year due to the pandemic.

For all participants or only for Australians? And they are finalising results at the central office right in Bonn?

11 hours ago, Lukass said:

For all participants or only for Australians? And they are finalising results at the central office right in Bonn?

My understanding is that Australia is included in the the Asia Pacific region, so I would assume itĀ applies to this region only. HoweverĀ as I said, the words they used was "likely find out by the end of next week" but from the other posts in this forum it sounds like we could all be waiting until end of April for the central office in Bonn to finaliseĀ the results. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, LuckyLuke23 said:

My understanding is that Australia is included in the the Asia Pacific region, so I would assume itĀ applies to this region only. HoweverĀ as I said, the words they used was "likely find out by the end of next week" but from the other posts in this forum it sounds like we could all be waiting until end of April for the central office in Bonn to finaliseĀ the results. Fingers crossed!

It's also depends on which program you applied for and the office. If the DAAD office in your country is big enough so they will handle the result letter themselves. Some countries that have a smaller DAAD office, the thing will be rely on Bonn office. As I said previously, the selection was already made and the delay was about final financial management which should be already settled. Some countries in Asia region already know their results (rejection) so we should know the results soon.

Ā 

Best of luck.

2 hours ago, AP_sun said:

It's also depends on which program you applied for and the office. If the DAAD office in your country is big enough so they will handle the result letter themselves. Some countries that have a smaller DAAD office, the thing will be rely on Bonn office. As I said previously, the selection was already made and the delay was about final financial management which should be already settled. Some countries in Asia region already know their results (rejection) so we should know the results soon.

Ā 

Best of luck.

My status have just gone to blank. So nervous.