DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

12 hours ago, Valyti said:

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and just applied for a DAAD short term research grant (I'm a PhD student from Italy). Do you guys have any idea how long it might take until I hear back from DAAD? I'm super anxious. I submitted my application on the last day (April 1st) and the wait is already killing me! 

Hello Valyti, I am from Italy, and I have applied for the short term. I am still waiting for the results, and I've applied in September (and now again in April). Still no results for the first one... 

Anyway, I spoke to the Italian DAAD centre, and the wait for the final results of the short term application is generally at least four months.  Before that, you will receive a message if your application is complete and considered in the selection process. 

I hope that is helpful.

Just now, MartinaG91 said:

Hello Valyti, I am from Italy, and I have applied for the short term. I am still waiting for the results, and I've applied in September (and now again in April). Still no results for the first one... 

Anyway, I spoke to the Italian DAAD centre, and the wait for the final results of the short term application is generally at least four months.  Before that, you will receive a message if your application is complete and considered in the selection process. 

I hope that is helpful.

Wow, that is a long wait... I hope I get my results before November (which is when I am supposed to move to Germany). Anyway, in the meantime I guess I'll try with Erasmus+ as well, thank you!

Still no news from me... DAAD GSSP scholarship for Graduate School Phd. I've been shortlisted, interviewed and nominated by my Graduate School last February. Uploaded all mybdocuments on the DAAD portal at the beginning of March, and since then my status is still "Application submitted". I knew from the very beginning that this process could have taken up two months max, but anxiety is killing me softly. 

Still, I haven't found any other DAAD Gssp candidate besides me yet, and I'm feeling kinda lost.

23 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Still no news from me... DAAD GSSP scholarship for Graduate School Phd. I've been shortlisted, interviewed and nominated by my Graduate School last February. Uploaded all mybdocuments on the DAAD portal at the beginning of March, and since then my status is still "Application submitted". I knew from the very beginning that this process could have taken up two months max, but anxiety is killing me softly. 

Still, I haven't found any other DAAD Gssp candidate besides me yet, and I'm feeling kinda lost.

Do you have any change in your funding time?

2 hours ago, AP_sun said:

If the funding time haven't changed, it's meant you won't get the funding? Can someone answer this question?

I don't think so. The change in dates just means that application is being processed. From my personal experience, I applied 2 years ago for scholarship for Master's in all disciplines. My dates had changed before I got rejection. Now I'm applying for PhD scholarship, my dates haven't changed yet. Let's wait and keep our fingers crossed.

Edited by StellarWind

8 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

I don't think so. The change in dates just means that application is being processed. From my personal experience, I applied 2 years ago for scholarship for Master's in all disciplines. My dates had changed before I got rejection. Now I'm applying for PhD scholarship, my dates haven't changed yet. Let's wait and keep our fingers crossed.

Yeah, my status is still application submitted and nothing changed as well as some of people are. But I just wanted to check if there is any case who got the funding and their scholarship ending date didn't change. Btw, changing thing in the portal sometimes doesn't mean anything. The official letter is most important. Fingers crossed and wish you best of luck.

1 hour ago, AP_sun said:

wanted to check if there is any case who got the funding and their scholarship ending date didn't change

This is my case. I received notification in portal informing me that I got the scholarship and that official letter of award will follow, but nothing else changed, not the date, not the status (still selection made).

52 minutes ago, tomeu said:

This is my case. I received notification in portal informing me that I got the scholarship and that official letter of award will follow, but nothing else changed, not the date, not the status (still selection made).

Thanks for the information. That's really help me release my stress and anxiety.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, Caue said:

I wrote an email to the local officer, here in DAAD Brazil, asking if I could change the works on my portfolio. So he told me this: "Changes on the portfolio won't be allowed". I asked him again by email about the Page numbers but he didn't answer yet.

Hi Caue,

Did they wrote you back? I also writed asking just to be double sure... 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:33 AM, byaz said:

To make it clear, there was a time difference between the status update and the funding period changes? 

I wonder, bcs my status has just changed but the funding end date is still same as its submitted. Many thanks in advance for your replies.

For my case, Application submitted (funding end date : 3year - that I applied) - Application submitted (funding end date : 1 year - they changed) - Paper copies received. 

I don't understand what is the paper copies received means exactly.

bcs, if they change the date first, it means my documents have already been reviewed. Otherwise, they don't need to change the date even before they review the applications.

So my opinion is this.

When the review is done by committee with professors (only regarding the interview and application), then they select students, for example they will choose 10. they selected 20.

In this process, they changed the funding end date for the students who have chosen.

Then, applications for 20 students are sent to the branch for asking maintaining or not. in this process, status is paper copies received (to the branch)

And finally, they choose 10 students, now change status into preselection made or selection made,

And then final result - Funding or rejected will come out.

It is just my opinion and hypothetical. But it can be possible.

How's the guy's opinion?

Many thanks

4 minutes ago, AHPK said:

For my case, Application submitted (funding end date : 3year - that I applied) - Application submitted (funding end date : 1 year - they changed) - Paper copies received. 

I don't understand what is the paper copies received means exactly.

bcs, if they change the date first, it means my documents have already been reviewed. Otherwise, they don't need to change the date even before they review the applications.

So my opinion is this.

When the review is done by committee with professors (only regarding the interview and application), then they select students, for example they will choose 10. they selected 20.

In this process, they changed the funding end date for the students who have chosen.

Then, applications for 20 students are sent to the branch for asking maintaining or not. in this process, status is paper copies received (to the branch)

And finally, they choose 10 students, now change status into preselection made or selection made,

And then final result - Funding or rejected will come out.

It is just my opinion and hypothetical. But it can be possible.

How's the guy's opinion?

Many thanks

I don't know exactly the process. However, in my case, we had interview in December. Afterwards, some body received rejected email in first day of April. In previous week, my funding time is changed to 1 year. Currently, I don't receive any updates from DAAD. They said me to keep waiting.

1 minute ago, Pevod said:

I don't know exactly the process. However, in my case, we had interview in December. Afterwards, some body received rejected email in first day of April. In previous week, my funding time is changed to 1 year. Currently, I don't receive any updates from DAAD. They said me to keep waiting.

Yeah. My interview was December as well.

Some had rejected email earlier is only due to the regional difference. they have seperated branch.

Then what about your application status?

I sent email to ask about the selection date and they answered.

According to them, we can know the result at least within April.

Let's have a hope and wait!!

God bless you mate!

------------------------------

Dear Mr Park,

Thank you for your message.

Due to the pandemic situation and holidays in Germany, we have unfortunately been delayed and will not be able to announce the selection results in March or early April 2021 as planned.
Unfortunately, I cannot give you an exact date, but we are currently working at high pressure and very much hope that we will be able to inform the applicants via the portal by the end of April at the latest.

I really appreciate your eagerness and your wish to study in Germany.

All applicants will receive the final coutcome via DAAD portal.
I very much appreciate your patience and understanding.

With best regards from Bonn,
Michelle Jeremy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i. A Saint Michelle Jeremy (Ms.)

8 minutes ago, AHPK said:

Yeah. My interview was December as well.

Some had rejected email earlier is only due to the regional difference. they have seperated branch.

Then what about your application status?

I sent email to ask about the selection date and they answered.

According to them, we can know the result at least within April.

Let's have a hope and wait!!

God bless you mate!

------------------------------

Dear Mr Park,

Thank you for your message.

Due to the pandemic situation and holidays in Germany, we have unfortunately been delayed and will not be able to announce the selection results in March or early April 2021 as planned.
Unfortunately, I cannot give you an exact date, but we are currently working at high pressure and very much hope that we will be able to inform the applicants via the portal by the end of April at the latest.

I really appreciate your eagerness and your wish to study in Germany.

All applicants will receive the final coutcome via DAAD portal.
I very much appreciate your patience and understanding.

With best regards from Bonn,
Michelle Jeremy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i. A Saint Michelle Jeremy (Ms.)

It's still application submitted. 

Just now, AHPK said:

Then hopefully your status will be changed to paper copies received within a few days

Some said that application status may be changed or not. But the result email will come soon

Just now, Pevod said:

Some said that application status may be changed or not. But the result email will come soon

Yeah. I saw the threads from 2019 maybe.

But many cases, Changing funding date -> Funding is very often.

Paper copies received + changing funding date -> Funding is also usual.

1 minute ago, AHPK said:

Yeah. I saw the threads from 2019 maybe.

But many cases, Changing funding date -> Funding is very often.

Paper copies received + changing funding date -> Funding is also usual.

I don't know what about paper copies received because my application summary is also uploaded in my portal. They can access it without receiving hard materials

1 minute ago, Pevod said:

I don't know what about paper copies received because my application summary is also uploaded in my portal. They can access it without receiving hard materials

Yeah, I think so. 

I reckon it means they must have two process for sending papers.

First : application and interview. as they need to review my things.

Second : selection by the DAAD bonn office and regional branch.

So, i think screening would be already done in the process of interview and selection comittee

And paper copies received is about contacting to student who has already chosen

Just now, AHPK said:

Yeah, I think so. 

I reckon it means they must have two process for sending papers.

First : application and interview. as they need to review my things.

Second : selection by the DAAD bonn office and regional branch.

So, i think screening would be already done in the process of interview and selection comittee

And paper copies received is about contacting to student who has already chosen

I also reckon that.

In the first stage in my local DAAD. They had reviewed all applications and interviewed with all candidates to determine their motivation and background knowledge. Then, they graded CV, proposal,pub, letter... Afterwards, they selected potential candidates and sent these applications to Bonn. From this one, they will check again this shortlist and decide to give scholarship

3 minutes ago, Pevod said:

The status shouldn't worry you.. It's supposed to be: application submitted - paper copies received - pre-selection made - selection made - funding / rejected... But not all offices follow this process... For some it moves from application submitted to selection made then funding or rejected.. Like in my case it's still at "paper copies received" yet I was preselected for interview... It has never changed to pre-selection made

In summarization.

Change in funding date may obviously results in funding but in some cases they have nothing changed but got funding as well. Some of the people who got the change for ending date get rejection.

In my opinion, this circumstance may depend also on each DAAD local office and what is most important is the funding or rejection letter.

Just don't panic for status or changing end date and I will try to not be anxiety as well.

Finger crossed.

Just now, Pevod said:

I also reckon that.

In the first stage in my local DAAD. They had reviewed all applications and interviewed with all candidates to determine their motivation and background knowledge. Then, they graded CV, proposal,pub, letter... Afterwards, they selected potential candidates and sent these applications to Bonn. From this one, they will check again this shortlist and decide to give scholarship

As the DAAD official site of Korea,

They said that "we will not engage the selection procedure after interview, please contact directly to DAAD bonn about all things happened or will happen after the interview."

So, i think the local DAAD only engages to the application screening and set the interview schedule and site.

And selection process after interview will only done by the DAAD bonn office.