DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Hi guys,

For those who are applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film, i have a question. The DAAD officer sent me by email that "Changes on the portfolio won't be allowed". However, when we sent our portfolio in November there weren't page limits. My portfolio had more than 50 pages, so I must change it now (to fit on the 10 pages limit). I have alrealdy done the changes (just layout, I didn't change the works). But now I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong. 

On 4/2/2021 at 2:10 PM, Arli said:

If you stay longer than 90 days, you will need an national visa/study purpose and when you get to Germany get a residence permit. If you tell me which country you are from and why you are going (study  or research) I can give you more details.

Hi, im from Mexico and its a short stay Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists, 2021 (3 months) research stay, could you give me more details please? 

3 hours ago, Caue said:

Hi guys,

For those who are applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film, i have a question. The DAAD officer sent me by email that "Changes on the portfolio won't be allowed". However, when we sent our portfolio in November there weren't page limits. My portfolio had more than 50 pages, so I must change it now (to fit on the 10 pages limit). I have alrealdy done the changes (just layout, I didn't change the works). But now I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong. 

I have read again the email asking to upload the portfolio and didn’t find that we weren’t allowed to change it. I think it’s impossible to make it smaller without changing it. 
I also had to adjust, and took work out, and re did all pages to fit the 10 pages. I hope it’s ok. If they wanted the same portfolio they would have asked us to upload the exact same portfolio we sended before... 

3 hours ago, Caue said:

Hi guys,

Did you write them an email asking about it?

12 minutes ago, Clarl said:

I have read again the email asking to upload the portfolio and didn’t find that we weren’t allowed to change it. I think it’s impossible to make it smaller without changing it. 
I also had to adjust, and took work out, and re did all pages to fit the 10 pages. I hope it’s ok. If they wanted the same portfolio they would have asked us to upload the exact same portfolio we sended before... 

I agree. They probably mean that you can't change the works you have submitted or add anything that wasn't in the original portfolio.

30 minutes ago, Zegl said:

Did you write them an email asking about it?

I agree. They probably mean that you can't change the works you have submitted or add anything that wasn't in the original portfolio.

I wrote an email to the local officer, here in DAAD Brazil, asking if I could change the works on my portfolio. So he told me this: "Changes on the portfolio won't be allowed". I asked him again by email about the Page numbers but he didn't answer yet.

Does anyone receive the e-mail from DAAD about result in Asia/Pacific region?

Especially, Doctoral programmes.

Many uni require application for Phd course within no later than next week, I should decide it depending on DAAD funding. Waiting is killing me softly....

The good thing is my funding end date has been changed from 3years to 1year. 

As they give the scholarship annually and it has to expended every year, it would be good news!!

But application status remains still submitted....

Edited by AHPK

On 3/24/2021 at 5:11 PM, Ayodele said:

Congratulations

Hi Ayodele, have you received your official award letter as yet? I am still waiting but the DAAD official told me I would have gotten it in a few days after hearing that i was awarded. It’s now almost 2 weeks. 

52 minutes ago, AHPK said:

Many uni require application for Phd course within no later than next week, I should decide it depending on DAAD funding. Waiting is killing me softly....

As they give the scholarship annually and it has to expended every year, it would be good news!!

I haven't, unfortunately. As many DAAD officers in Bonn and locally has resume their work after Easter, I hope that we can get definitive answer soon, fingers crossed!

Your Uni has time-window of registration for PhD? Is it a structured PhD program or a 'personal' one? Because in my case, if I got funded, I'll be able to register to the faculty and then Immatrikulationsamt (the Enrollment Office) at any time of the year.

Nonetheless, I hope for all of us in Asia-Pacific region that the result will come soon for us and it is a good news for all of us.

33 minutes ago, Sofía_S said:

Hi everyone!

I just got the message telling me that I got the scholarship ?. I'm sooooooo happy. They say they will send me the official award letter as soon as possible. I won a short-term grant. Thank you all for the info and good luck!!!

Congratulations Sofía_S

Where are you from

?

I haven’t read much of the forum but it seems like a lot of people are still waiting for their results. In case it helps ease anxiety, I was informed that I wasn’t selected for a scholarship about a week or two ago, well before the official result deadline. So maybe it’s good news if you haven’t heard yet? Good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Lenda said:

I haven’t read much of the forum but it seems like a lot of people are still waiting for their results. In case it helps ease anxiety, I was informed that I wasn’t selected for a scholarship about a week or two ago, well before the official result deadline. So maybe it’s good news if you haven’t heard yet? Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone. Thanks for the positive encouragement, Lenda. I am still waiting, and I didn't receive any communication so far. I applied for the short term grant.

3 minutes ago, pdrviana said:

For those applying for Arts/design/film, your status changed after uploading the portfolio? Or any kind of confirmation of receivement?

Hi Pedro,

I sended a message asking about it and then they replied saying they received the portfolio. I think is more safe, cause I didn’t receive an email confirming it, neither my status changed.

11 minutes ago, Clarl said:

Hi Pedro,

I sended a message asking about it and then they replied saying they received the portfolio. I think is more safe, cause I didn’t receive an email confirming it, neither my status changed.

Thanks, I'll do the same :D

4 hours ago, Sofía_S said:

Hi everyone!

I just got the message telling me that I got the scholarship ?. I'm sooooooo happy. They say they will send me the official award letter as soon as possible. I won a short-term grant. Thank you all for the info and good luck!!!

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, pdrviana said:

For those applying for Arts/design/film, your status changed after uploading the portfolio? Or any kind of confirmation of receivement?

Nope, my status is still Preselection Made, but I did ask via email if they received my portfolio and they told me they did receive it. So I think you could ask them if they received yours, just in case ??

On 4/5/2021 at 10:25 AM, Milx86 said:

Hello! 

I applied from France too but for a research grant. At the begininng of March they wrote asking me my bac certificate and told me to wait for the results at the end of April ! 

Best of luck to you! 

Thank you for your answer (May I assume you are French?) On va devoir être encore un peu patients alors :D

Hello! 

I applied from France too but for a research grant. At the begininng of March they wrote asking me my bac certificate and told me to wait for the results at the end of April ! 

Best of luck to you! 

Thank you for your answer 

Hello! 

Best of luck to you! 

2 hours ago, MartinaG91 said:

Hello everyone. Thanks for the positive encouragement, Lenda. I am still waiting, and I didn't receive any communication so far. I applied for the short term grant.

No problem, it's tough waiting but everything will work out the way it should! I applied for the master's for all academic disciplines and I'm from the US, so it might differ across countries/grants.

2 hours ago, Lukass said:

Any updates in Scholarship for all master disciplines?
My status got changed on 23 March and it's selection made. Any countries where the results were already out for this program? Or when are we going to get final results?

Hey,

From what I see here, for most European countries the results are expected in the next 2-3 weeks. In Greece, we were informed around the 15th of March that we were invited to an interview (deadline for applications was November 20th) and interviews were taking place until today. Yesterday, I asked the local office and they didn't seem to know anything more specific than the fact that, as stated on the interview invitation, results are expected a couple of weeks after the interviews are over.

Also, from what I know from myself and other applicants, Greek applicants for this scholarship never had any update in their application status.

My conclusion is that we will all find out in April, but until each of us gets their individual result, we can't be sure of anything.

Best of luck!

Edited by Antonia Paraskevopoulou

10 hours ago, Lukass said:

Any updates in Scholarship for all master disciplines?
My status got changed on 23 March and it's selection made. Any countries where the results were already out for this program? Or when are we going to get final results?

Hi. Mine also changed on 23rd March. Yesterday  I asked our local DAAD, and they said it would take up to 4 weeks to announce the results. But she wasn't really sure. So if we calculate from 23 till today it's already been 3 weeks. Probably this or next week we will know it. I hope this week. Good luck?

18 hours ago, AHPK said:

I have applied from Japan, my country of origin is different.

I was interviewed in late Nov. and ever since the application status is "paper copies received". I didn't notice if the funding dates were the same from the beginning or changed later, but they are for one year now. I have contacted the local DAAD officer in Japan and was advised to wait until the end of April, while at the interview I was told the results were going to be announced by the end of March. Anyway, we don't have any option but to wait, which is, believe me, stressing. 

Best of luck to all of us.