DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

3 hours ago, ImyImy said:

Status changed to "Selection made" for Balkans, Master in all disciplines. Good luck everyone!

for Serbia (also part of the Balkans) Preselection made is still shown under the "Master in all disciplines" application status ? it's very confusing 

2 minutes ago, MinhSg said:

Sometimes I read the messages from you guys and feel like I am having a heart attack. Waiting make me really stress ??

I feel you and Asian region is super slow. Nothing changes or updates or information.

Hello! 

Congratulations to those that have already been awarded with a scholarship and good luck to the rest!
Hope (y)our awaiting ends soon...

I would like to ask some questions regarding the scholarship:
(I've applied for the All Disciplines Programme, in case this is somehow relevant to the questions)

1) If a DAAD scholarship beneficiary decides at any point of their studies, for whatever reason (and obviously before completing them) to quit / stop them, do they need to return the money received up to that point to DAAD?
Is there any regulation regarding this, as I haven't managed to find anything relevant.

2) Based on the experience of past beneficiaries, how difficult is it to get funded beyond the first year of your studies (i.e. get your second year funded as well)?
Do grades achieved after the end of the first year matter? Is it only based on whether you can complete the Master's Programme in the minimum required time (usually 4 semesters) or is there any other reason?
Can you ensure funding for two years from the beginning (without having to worry for whether you will be funded for the second year) or it is not possible under any circumstance?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Edited by sincc

33 minutes ago, AP_sun said:

Have you contacted DAAD person via the portal to check if there is any information?

I directly call their office in February 'cause they told me in the interview that the result would be announced in the beginning of Feb. But the officer said on the phone that they will send an email to me whenever they've got the result and I have to wait till now lol

3 minutes ago, MinhSg said:

I directly call their office in February 'cause they told me in the interview that the result would be announced in the beginning of Feb. But the officer said on the phone that they will send an email to me whenever they've got the result and I have to wait till now lol

I asked them directly with the person in bonn end of February and the results should be within a few weeks. But now it's already late. So I don't know if I should ask them again.

Hello all and good luck with the wait and patience. Applicants from Turkey, my status in the portal changed to “Selection Made” almost four hours ago and still the same. How is it with you? Should I throw away my hope after four hours of waiting? Best. 

40 minutes ago, AP_sun said:

I asked them directly with the person in bonn end of February and the results should be within a few weeks. But now it's already late. So I don't know if I should ask them again.

I doubt that the answer will be different. Anyway, maybe we will got the result in April. Just more than one day ahead.

11 minutes ago, _cylon_ said:

Hello all and good luck with the wait and patience. Applicants from Turkey, my status in the portal changed to “Selection Made” almost four hours ago and still the same. How is it with you? Should I throw away my hope after four hours of waiting? Best. 

Hi !
Although I applied to a different funding from you (as far as I remember) (mine is short term research grant) my status is still "papier copies received", just so you know :) good luck! 

10 minutes ago, esraC said:

Hi !
Although I applied to a different funding from you (as far as I remember) (mine is short term research grant) my status is still "papier copies received", just so you know :) good luck! 

@esraC thanks for the information and fingers are crossed for you too.