DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

7 minutes ago, FMP said:

I have applied from Japan, my country of origin is different.

I was interviewed in late Nov. and ever since the application status is "paper copies received". I didn't notice if the funding dates were the same from the beginning or changed later, but they are for one year now. I have contacted the local DAAD officer in Japan and was advised to wait until the end of April, while at the interview I was told the results were going to be announced by the end of March. Anyway, we don't have any option but to wait, which is, believe me, stressing. 

Best of luck to all of us. 

Changing funding end date from whatever to 1 year is good news according to the this topic thread and also last year's scholarship thread as they give annual contract and it needs to be extended every year.

Yeah, we have nothing to do but wait.

Finger crossed for all of us, too!

Hello everyone! 

I have a question regarding free German language course. Is it automatically provided for everyone who won the scholarship and whose German isn't great? Talking about Masters for all academic disciplines here. During my interview, they didn't even ask about my German skills, that's why I'm wondering.

15 hours ago, Lukass said:

Any updates in Scholarship for all master disciplines?
My status got changed on 23 March and it's selection made. Any countries where the results were already out for this program? Or when are we going to get final results?

Hi! From which country are you applying? I'm in the Netherlands and haven't heard anything yet either. I did receive a message with confirmation of my application in January, which said the selection meeting would be in March and the results available within three weeks after the meeting. I'm assuming this means I'll know at the latest on the 21st of April. Good luck!

4 hours ago, RosieGrr said:

Hello everyone! 

I have a question regarding free German language course. Is it automatically provided for everyone who won the scholarship and whose German isn't great? Talking about Masters for all academic disciplines here. During my interview, they didn't even ask about my German skills, that's why I'm wondering.

are you talking about the course during your studies, or the one which starts few months prior to the start of your studies? the first one is provided for everyone (i think it is mandatory), for the second one they decide who gets it and who does not. not sure about the criteria though. 

6 minutes ago, Lilolello said:

Hi everyone. I also applied from the Netherlands  (different nationality though, but I don't think it matters) and still haven't heard anything either. No update on the portal, and with the confirmation I received the same response as you did. I also tried to call the representative in Bonn that I was in touch with back in November and can't reach them for the second day now. Really hope we get an update soon! Btw, do you know anything about interviews? I read about them in this thread but none of the confirmation documents received from DAAD mention anything about them.

Hello,

Keep in mind that in Germany they are going through the easter holidays right now (for example one university staff member told me that they will not be answering to emails until the 12th of April).

Interviews don't necessarily take place for applicants from all countries, so don't worry about that?

Best of luck!

Edited by Antonia Paraskevopoulou

Hi Lilolello! I'm quite sure applicants from the Netherlands for the all disciplines master scholarship don't have to do an interview as I did not receive an invitation for an interview either.
This thread can get a bit confusing because it concerns scholarships for masters and PhD in various disciplines and DAAD regions, which all have different procedures. No need to worry yet, and best of luck!

Hi guys.

My application status just changed into paper copies received from application submitted.

What does it mean? does it mean the screening is going on?

Funding end date changed for 1year from 3years what i ve chosen and paper copies received.

Do you guys have any idea?

21 minutes ago, AHPK said:

Hi guys.

My application status just changed into paper copies received from application submitted.

Funding end date changed for 1year from 3years what i ve chosen and paper copies received.

Paper copies received means (as far as I know) that they have received all the necessary documentation from you (online or by mail). The changed funding end date apparently is a good sign, implying that you will receive funding (not necessarily only for the first year but funding is confirmed yearly). I only know the second part from what others here have said so take it with several grains of salt.

4 hours ago, Narwhallaby said:

Hi! From which country are you applying? I'm in the Netherlands and haven't heard anything yet either. I did receive a message with confirmation of my application in January, which said the selection meeting would be in March and the results available within three weeks after the meeting. I'm assuming this means I'll know at the latest on the 21st of April. Good luck!

Hey, thanks. I wish you the same!
I am from Georgia and we had interviews on 11-12 March. Selection meeting was on March 23 as it seems so, and it's been already the third week since then

Hello Guys,

I have applied for Master Studies of All Disciplines from Poland. I contacted the local DAAD office right before Easter and was told that the results should be processed and released by the Bonn office soon after the holidays. We did not have the interview though.

Of course I am aware that this might still take some time. My application status is "Preselection made" for now.

I hope you're doing well! ?

2 hours ago, AHPK said:

Hi guys.

My funding end date is also changed to 30.09.2022. 

2 hours ago, Kloudy said:

Hello Guys,

I have applied for Master Studies of All Disciplines from Poland. I contacted the local DAAD office right before Easter and was told that the results should be processed and released by the Bonn office soon after the holidays. We did not have the interview though.

Of course I am aware that this might still take some time. My application status is "Preselection made" for now.

I hope you're doing well! ?

Same for me in Poland, though the funding end date was changed (from 31.08.2022 to 30.09.2022).

Edited by Mati

4 minutes ago, Mati said:

Same for me in Poland, though the funding end date was changed (from 31.08.2020 to 30.09.2020).

Hey! Could you specify the dates? Is it 01.10.2021-30.09.2022 or 01.10.2021-30.09.2023 (for Master  Studies)?

7 minutes ago, Mati said:

Same for me in Poland, though the funding end date was changed (from 31.08.2020 to 30.09.2020).

What's your scholarship you apply for?

3 hours ago, AHPK said:

Hi guys.

To make it clear, there was a time difference between the status update and the funding period changes? 

I wonder, bcs my status has just changed but the funding end date is still same as its submitted. Many thanks in advance for your replies.

18 minutes ago, Irina.14 said:

Hey! Could you specify the dates? Is it 01.10.2021-30.09.2022 or 01.10.2021-30.09.2023 (for Master  Studies)?

It's 01.10.2021-30.09.2022 now (I applied for 01.10.2021-31.08.2022 since I already study in Germany ). Pevod, Master Studies of All Disciplines.

I can sense that people following this thread are keen and compulsive about their desires. There maybe people who have applied but are not so bothered by the status of the results. 
I really hope those haven’t heard their results will hear a positive response. 
cheers, 

48 minutes ago, byaz said:

To make it clear, there was a time difference between the status update and the funding period changes? 

I wonder, bcs my status has just changed but the funding end date is still same as its submitted. Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Into what did your status change?

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and just applied for a DAAD short term research grant (I'm a PhD student from Italy). Do you guys have any idea how long it might take until I hear back from DAAD? I'm super anxious. I submitted my application on the last day (April 1st) and the wait is already killing me! 

8 hours ago, Valyti said:

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and just applied for a DAAD short term research grant (I'm a PhD student from Italy). Do you guys have any idea how long it might take until I hear back from DAAD? I'm super anxious. I submitted my application on the last day (April 1st) and the wait is already killing me! 

Omg, i hope you won't wait as we did like already 6 months we have been waiting. LoL. (Master's programme)

Hello every one!

I applied for a DAAD short term research grants in November, 2020 (as a doctoral candidate from east asian region), and still have not received the final decision (My application status is still paper copies received). I contacted DAAD Bonn office and she told me that the final results will be published within the next 10-14 days, which is very close I think. Does anyone receive any update regarding this application? I am super anxious. Thanks a lot in advance.

1 minute ago, hcg222 said:

Hello every one!

I applied for a DAAD short term research grants in November, 2020 (as a doctoral candidate from east asian region), and still have not received the final decision (My application status is still paper copies received). I contacted DAAD Bonn office and she told me that the final results will be published within the next 10-14 days, which is very close I think. Does anyone receive any update regarding this application? I am super anxious. Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry, I contacted DAAD Bonn office on 25.03.2021.