DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

3 hours ago, baggyjeans said:

Any updated news for Master studies-All academic disciplines scholarship?

This waiting drives me crazy? I just wanna get the result soon(and it would be much better to get positive result obviously)

I asked about results last week and was told they would "hopefully" be released within 2-3 weeks. The woman writing was really apologetic: I suspect they've faced quite a few hurdles in the process this year. I would be pleasantly surprised if we hear anything before late March at the earliest, unfortunately :( .  The waiting's driving me nuts too!

On 2/17/2021 at 8:45 AM, JFCB said:

Hello everyone, I am from Colombia. The DAAD regional for this part of the world is also for Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador.

I applied in August 2020 for a doctorate scholarship: "Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany". I presented the virtual interview in November 2020. Right now my status on the DAAD portal is: "Preselection Made".

I would like to know if there is someone else from this DAAD regional, what is their experience and if they have had any news about it.

When will the results of the scholarship be published?

Greetings and success to all!

Hi there. 

I am from Ecuador, I applied to the same program “Research Doctoral grants”  in September 2020 (deadline for us was Sept 17). My status right now is “Preselection made” and it has been for quite some time now (I think since Nov 2020) however I haven’t been invited for any interview, so I am a bit worried about that. Does anyone know if you do not get an interview that means you won’t be considered anymore? 

thanks 

Hi all!

I submitted my application for general funding (all disciplines) back in November of 2020 and my status in the DAAD portal has been the same for months. I did receive an email saying that my materials were accepted, and that my application would be moving on to the next round. However, I haven't had an update or an interview since. I'm applying from the USA.

I reached out to a contact at the DAAD to see if we might be getting a response soon--I have a deadline of April 15 to decide whether or not I am participating in a graduate school program!

I will let you all know if I hear back anytime soon!

On 3/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, eastafricanhopeful said:

Hey, I also didn't hear back about uploading my documents to any portal. I just sent in my application to the university email, now I don't know what to think. Maybe no news is good news? At least it's not a rejection yet...

An update because a future applicant might need it: I had an informal interview for the program this past week that pretty much confirmed my selection. I will be asked to upload my details to a portal but this is just a formality. It seems that the portal step is a final step, after the university selection you upload to the portal for DAAD to confirm your selection. 

On 3/6/2021 at 5:10 AM, radetzky said:

It changed to funding a week ago. 

I am a DAAD PPGG applicant, I applied last July, had an interview in late November, uploaded documents in January. My scholarship was pretty much confirmed in November, I just had to take formal steps afterwards. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks and good luck!

@radetzky congratulations on the funding. 

Have you received the letter of award? If so, when is the deadline for you to accept the offer? 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:10 AM, radetzky said:

It changed to funding a week ago. 

I am a DAAD PPGG applicant, I applied last July, had an interview in late November, uploaded documents in January. My scholarship was pretty much confirmed in November, I just had to take formal steps afterwards. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks and good luck!

Congratulations

yeah Thanks, I just wondered how long will take the selection made statues.  

20 hours ago, DLL said:

Hi there. 

I am from Ecuador, I applied to the same program “Research Doctoral grants”  in September 2020 (deadline for us was Sept 17). My status right now is “Preselection made” and it has been for quite some time now (I think since Nov 2020) however I haven’t been invited for any interview, so I am a bit worried about that. Does anyone know if you do not get an interview that means you won’t be considered anymore? 

thanks 

Hola, mucho gusto!

Si está de acuerdo, podemos colocarnos en contacto por facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/jose.basto.3382

Saludos.

If anyone here applied for the "Art,Design, Visual communication and Film" program, then the selection process hasn't finished yet. Therefore they can't inform us any official news. I believe that the result may be announced at the end of this month...

22 hours ago, Hcathey said:

Hi all!

I submitted my application for general funding (all disciplines) back in November of 2020 and my status in the DAAD portal has been the same for months. I did receive an email saying that my materials were accepted, and that my application would be moving on to the next round. However, I haven't had an update or an interview since. I'm applying from the USA.

I reached out to a contact at the DAAD to see if we might be getting a response soon--I have a deadline of April 15 to decide whether or not I am participating in a graduate school program!

I will let you all know if I hear back anytime soon!

Hi everyone! Just to follow up on my previous post - I did indeed hear back from the DAAD central office, and they said that they would be releasing award decisions in early April. 

Good luck everyone!

Hi @Sara Mir

Thanks for your post. I can see that you have applied to this program too. I was wondering if you know when are we supposed to hear the results? Did you apply for an individual or for a structured program funding?
I remember reading that it may be as late as May (or even June), but on theGradCafe I also read that some people heard back in late March/early April for Master Programs applications.

Do you happen to have any information on this?
It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, L

3 hours ago, Hcathey said:

Hi everyone! Just to follow up on my previous post - I did indeed hear back from the DAAD central office, and they said that they would be releasing award decisions in early April. 

Good luck everyone!

Oh wow that's a month later! Then I will just stay out of this.

Thanks for the news! Also wish you luck!

9 hours ago, doughnuts said:

@radetzky congratulations on the funding. 

Have you received the letter of award? If so, when is the deadline for you to accept the offer? 

Apparently I haven't received the letter of award and thus I do not know when the deadline is. As I am already participating in the language course within the scholarship, I think I have 'technically' accepted the award already.

2 hours ago, radetzky said:

Apparently I haven't received the letter of award and thus I do not know when the deadline is. As I am already participating in the language course within the scholarship, I think I have 'technically' accepted the award already.

Hello. Congratulations !!! 

Which country are you from ?

On 3/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, phanchris5 said:

If anyone here applied for the "Art,Design, Visual communication and Film" program, then the selection process hasn't finished yet. Therefore they can't inform us any official news. I believe that the result may be announced at the end of this month...

hey! i applied for that program as well, rare to see someone who was also applying to art and design.

best of luck and lets keep each other updated

I just received an invitation from DAAD to upload my documents to their portal, anyone know what could this mean? 

I have applied for the EPOS program and had an interview back in January. 

9 minutes ago, Arn_shenzo said:

I just received an invitation from DAAD to upload my documents to their portal, anyone know what could this mean? 

I have applied for the EPOS program and had an interview back in January. 

I recieved the invitation as well! What is your application status on the portal?