Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

Just got rejected by UCSF BMS, congrats those who make it.
"This year we received a record number of applications from excellent students, and we are able to invite only a fraction of those who are qualified to interview for the program."
I really wonder how much more applications happened this year...

Sharing stats...

3.5 years of research experience in biotech/drug discovery, no publications (although three patents pending!), 3.77 GPA...

Applied to UCSD (BMS), UCSF (BMS), UCLA (Bioscience IIMP), UW (MCB), CU Anschutz (BSP), Oregon Health & Science (PBMS), UCSB (MCDB), UC Irvine (CMB) & City of Hope cancer center

Heard back from CU Anshutz today (interview) and UCSF (rejected).  Let me know if you guys hear anything from any of these other programs.  I tried to apply to a range of schools as far as competitiveness... but still feeling pretty anxious.

Good luck guys we got this!

1 hour ago, czdarwin said:

"This year we received a record number of applications from excellent students, and we are able to invite only a fraction of those who are qualified to interview for the program."

Same! Good luck on the rest of all of your applications guys! 

1 hour ago, czdarwin said:

Same! Good luck on the rest of all of your applications guys! 

I was also hoping for Harvard BBS, but I didn't get an invite either. Just wanted to tell everyone to cheer up! Already 9 out of 15 programs that I applied to have sent out invites while I haven't receive any. I got an interview invite from 1 so far and I'm so grateful. At this point, because it's so competitive, I hope everyone gets at least one invite! Let's all work hard to get through this! Hoping that we'll all get an offer in the end :) 

6 hours ago, prayingforamiracle said:

I was also hoping for Harvard BBS, but I didn't get an invite either. Just wanted to tell everyone to cheer up! Already 9 out of 15 programs that I applied to have sent out invites while I haven't receive any. I got an interview invite from 1 so far and I'm so grateful. At this point, because it's so competitive, I hope everyone gets at least one invite! Let's all work hard to get through this! Hoping that we'll all get an offer in the end :) 

Hoping for the same! Congrats on the one invite! Lets all keep our heads up and believe we will get that one invite we all need to feel safe this cycle! We got this! I felt absolutely crushed this morning when I woke up to find the rejection from UCSF BMS but still have 8 schools to go and Im trying to be hopeful 

5 minutes ago, Cancerbiologisttobe_ said:

Hoping for the same! Congrats on the one invite! Lets all keep our heads up and believe we will get that one invite we all need to feel safe this cycle! We got this! I felt absolutely crushed this morning when I woke up to find the rejection from UCSF BMS but still have 8 schools to go and Im trying to be hopeful 

Thank you! And yes exactly! It’s just one that we need and we’ll make it! I’m so sorry for your rejection, but I believe it’s a pretty competitive program so don’t beat yourself up too much over it. You’re awesome and I’m sure you have strong stats! You’ll get through this! Let’s all cheer each other on and stay positive! I heard that people still get invitations in January too so we shouldn’t despair yet :) 

11 hours ago, antibody33 said:

Sharing stats...

3.5 years of research experience in biotech/drug discovery, no publications (although three patents pending!), 3.77 GPA...

Applied to UCSD (BMS), UCSF (BMS), UCLA (Bioscience IIMP), UW (MCB), CU Anschutz (BSP), Oregon Health & Science (PBMS), UCSB (MCDB), UC Irvine (CMB) & City of Hope cancer center

Heard back from CU Anshutz today (interview) and UCSF (rejected).  Let me know if you guys hear anything from any of these other programs.  I tried to apply to a range of schools as far as competitiveness... but still feeling pretty anxious.

im also applying to city of hope for cancer and ucsd bms!!! Let me know how that goes and if you hear back!!! We got this, good luck!

11 hours ago, antibody33 said:

Sharing stats...

im also applying to city of hope for cancer and ucsd bms!!! Let me know how that goes and if you hear back!!! We got this, good luck!

Hey guys, Im thinking about applying to case western reserve university BSTP program but their priority deadline has already passed their actual deadline is january 15th, is it worth the effort ? Or did I miss my chance?

Anyone here applied to this program? Heard back?

3 hours ago, Cancerbiologisttobe_ said:

me too with UCSD BMS :)) gooood luck to all! Not sure what UCSD's timeline is... based on past results, invites seem to go out at various times mid/late Dec and early Jan? 

1 hour ago, rvan said:

Is it reasonable to assume that upenn camb has sent out all their interview invites by now? 

What track did you apply to? It seems a lot of the invites were for Immunology or Genetics, but I haven't heard of anyone else getting a letter for any of the other tracks, so I'm not sure if they are done or not

2 hours ago, rvan said:

Is it reasonable to assume that upenn camb has sent out all their interview invites by now? 

34 minutes ago, StemCells4Lyfe said:

What track did you apply to? It seems a lot of the invites were for Immunology or Genetics, but I haven't heard of anyone else getting a letter for any of the other tracks, so I'm not sure if they are done or not

I applied to MVP and got an interview invitation. However, I think quite a lot of invitations, if not all, have been sent out by now ?. Maybe you could try sending them an email?

3 hours ago, StemCells4Lyfe said:

2 hours ago, chnsmggt said:

I applied to MVP and got an interview invitation. However, I think quite a lot of invitations, if not all, have been sent out by now ?. Maybe you could try sending them an email?

I applied to Camb. I'm sure all the camb invites have been sent out already but that's okay. I'll email anyway!