Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

On 12/5/2020 at 11:42 PM, rmg20 said:

I applied to the Harvard BBS program and attached my unofficial transcripts instead of my official transcripts. Is my application toast? What do you think I should do? 

Some tips from my own experience: I did notice that while a majority of schools were asking for unofficial scripts, some schools did ask for copies of official transcripts. And actually it is explicitly noted on my official transcipt that official transcipts may only be used by the assigned recipient. So I contacted those schools asking for official transcipts about what I was supposed to do. The solution was to order an official transcipt to be sent directly to the school you are applying for. At least for the school I attended, I was able to specify the recipient of my official transcipt. Upon contacting your prospective schools, they will provide you with email addresses to be used as recipients. This works if your school uses a qualified file transfer system to send official transcipt, such as Parchment. Once your prospective schools receive your official transcipts directly sent from your attended school, they will update the status of transcipt for you and you don't need to upload any thing. Hope it helps (or it's too late :( )

15 hours ago, helpert said:

Yay, congrats!! I nearly missed mine, only saw it because I was checking my spam for another email I suspected went into that folder, so I’m happy to help! 

Could you elaborate on that? Like the Gmail spam folder? And does it say UNC admissions? I dont think I have one but Im hopeful haha

Also if you're an International student, I made a separate topic called 2021 International Biomedical Applicants since we see a few different things on the admissions side. I've also noticed a lot of interview results dont include Internationals so it would be nice for us to keep track between ourselves!

1 hour ago, TiredandBroke said:

Could you elaborate on that? Like the Gmail spam folder? And does it say UNC admissions? I dont think I have one but Im hopeful haha

Yeah it was in the spam folder on Gmail. Mine was addressed from BBSP and had the subject line UNC BBSP Interview invitation. 

1 hour ago, Sav_wrigh said:

Yeah it was in the spam folder on Gmail. Mine was addressed from BBSP and had the subject line UNC BBSP Interview invitation. 

Welp guess I didnt get one, thank you though!

I wonder if any International students have received it, I havent seen any on the results page either ?

Hello guys,

I am an international applicant with Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences and MS from a US university. I have applied to UTSW, Baylor, U of Utah, UNC - BBSP - Toxicology, UPenn - BGS - Pharmacology Graduate Group (PGG), UT Health- MD Anderson, NYU Vileck Institute, Mount Sinai - Icahn, UC Berkeley, and UT Austin. UTSW asked me to complete the secondary application but no update after that. I have received interview invites from Baylor and U o Utah. But haven't heard anything from the rest. 

Edited by Research Enthusiast

6 hours ago, DipraD said:

Has anyone hear anything from BMCB programme of Cornell University??

I also applied this Cornell BMCB. Will they send out the invites this week? I saw some results of previous years, and it seems like it's should be around this Friday, but who knows...(COVID-19 might be the factor?) 

9 minutes ago, astroglia said:

Has anyone here received an interview invite from the UMass Med School umbrella program? If so, which area of interest did you specify? 

Hey! Received one a few hours ago,I indicated BBS as my division and chose Developmental and  Stem cells as my interest I think

Just now, TiredandBroke said:

Hey! Received one a few hours ago,I indicated BBS as my division and chose Developmental and  Stem cells as my interest I think

Thanks and congrats on the interview! I also applied to BBS but with a neuro interest. Keeping my fingers crossed that they still continue to send out interview invites. 

18 minutes ago, astroglia said:

Thanks and congrats on the interview! I also applied to BBS but with a neuro interest. Keeping my fingers crossed that they still continue to send out interview invites. 

me too! I think they're just now starting to send them out. before today I haven't seen anyone talking about them. UMass has been my top choice, but I got an interview with Dartmouth MCB today so I'm trying to focus on that!

28 minutes ago, astroglia said:

Gonna email them tomorrow and see. The UMass program has been kinda weird letting you choose three area but not giving you an order.  

Not sure how that application review process is doing but hopefully there are more to come 

Hey everyone,

I am an international student and I applied to over ten schools for fall 2021. I haven't received any invite yet ??

The schools i applied to: Dartmouth (MCB), Florida State uni (BMS and chemistry), Rockefeller University, Boston Uni (Biology), Scripps Research Institute, medical college of Wisconsin (IDP), uni of Kentucky (Bms), uni of Alabama, Birmingham (BMS), University of Texas at Dallas (MCB), Drexel, University of Alabama Tuscaloosa.

Has anyone received an invite from any of the school? I'm very nervous and aggressively refreshing my email A LOT!!

2 hours ago, prospective_molbio said:

Let us know what they say! I've applied there as well. 

They emailed me back saying they are actively reviewing and will invite a quarter to interview. The decision is across the program regardless of tracks

Just now, prospective_molbio said:

Thanks for the update! A quarter, as in a quarter of all applicants will get interviews?

We received a large amount and will only be able to interview about one quarter.  

This is what the coordinator told me.  I believe that what she meant ? 

49 minutes ago, wiz1810 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Johns Hopkins CMM or Northwestern DGP, currently sitting at zero invites and spiraling 

I also applied to Northwestern DGP. I haven’t heard anything from them but their website says invites will start going out today and continue until all interview slots (3 weekends) are full. Hope we both get invites soon!