Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

1 hour ago, wiz1810 said:

Does anyone happen to know if programs usually send everything in one day? If I didn't get an interview as they were sent out it is probable that I was rejected? 

It depends on the program. Some send all invites out in one day, whereas others send them out in waves. If it is making you very anxious, maybe try looking at the results from the previous years for the program you are interested in to see how interviews were offered. 

3 hours ago, virushunter said:

Just received an interview invite for the Microbiology and Immunology specialization of the Integrated Program in Cellular Molecular and Biomedical Studies at Columbia!

Interview dates are Jan 28-29 and Feb 18-19.

:)

Congrats! Appreciate the update--I wonder if they're sending them out in waves. 

3 hours ago, wiz1810 said:

Does anyone happen to know if programs usually send everything in one day? If I didn't get an interview as they were sent out it is probable that I was rejected? 

It really just depends on the program. I'd wait it out. 

9 hours ago, Oyende said:

Hey everyone,

I am an international student and I applied to over ten schools for fall 2021. I haven't received any invite yet ??

The schools i applied to: Dartmouth (MCB), Florida State uni (BMS and chemistry), Rockefeller University, Boston Uni (Biology), Scripps Research Institute, medical college of Wisconsin (IDP), uni of Kentucky (Bms), uni of Alabama, Birmingham (BMS), University of Texas at Dallas (MCB), Drexel, University of Alabama Tuscaloosa.

Has anyone received an invite from any of the school? I'm very nervous and aggressively refreshing my email A LOT!!

I got an interview at Dartmouth MCB yesterday (December 15). I didn't apply to any of those others though, best of luck!

3 hours ago, neurokenzie said:

I got an interview at Dartmouth MCB yesterday (December 15). I didn't apply to any of those others though, best of luck!

That's great news! Congratulations.

1 minute ago, TiredandBroke said:

Unrelated, but how do yall add the signatures? I couldnt find the setting haha

Lol Click on the little down arrow next to your name in the top right-hand corner, click on Settings, then click on Signature. Also--your username is such a mood. 

Edited by dejosco

21 hours ago, Research Enthusiast said:

How come no one here is talking about UPenn PGG (Pharmacology Graduate Group) and UNC-BBSP-Toxicology?

Anyone with interview invites to above universities and the specific programs? If not, may be the review process is delayed.

I know that UNC BBSP has been giving out interviews for a couple weeks...and I also know that the toxicology admissions committee specifically has also already sent out a few invites. There is still time though :)

4 hours ago, Research Enthusiast said:

UTSW had asked me to complete the secondary application before Dec 10th. I did so but haven’t heard back since then!

I actually just received the interview invitation, I'm so excited!!! I met with a PI last week to discuss their research and have not stopped checking my email since! However, I haven't seen anyone post about receiving an interview so maybe they send out one at a time and not in bunches, and its still very early!! Good Luck!! 

4 hours ago, ssrour98 said:

I actually just received the interview invitation, I'm so excited!!! I met with a PI last week to discuss their research and have not stopped checking my email since! However, I haven't seen anyone post about receiving an interview so maybe they send out one at a time and not in bunches, and its still very early!! Good Luck!! 

Congrats! May I ask which track you mentioned in your UTSW application? Did you approach the PI through email?