Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

17 hours ago, prayingforamiracle said:

That’s what I want to know too! I haven’t heard back either. I emailed them on Tuesday to ask for an update, but they haven’t replied back to me yet ? it’s really weird...

I e-mailed to them right before they sent the e-mail about admission process, so I am not sure if it is ok to send them another e-mail again...Maybe I will send another one if I did not get any response next week...

22 hours ago, prayingforamiracle said:

That’s what I want to know too! I haven’t heard back either. I emailed them on Tuesday to ask for an update, but they haven’t replied back to me yet ? it’s really weird...

I emailed them on last Monday, and they said:

"At this time, I do not have an update on your application. We should have decisions out this month, but no later than March 15th. " 

The admission committee is holding weekly finalising meetings so hopefully we will hear from IUSM next week...Fingercross

6 hours ago, wwllq said:

I e-mailed to them right before they sent the e-mail about admission process, so I am not sure if it is ok to send them another e-mail again...Maybe I will send another one if I did not get any response next week...

Oh that’s a tough one, but yeah you can try doing that! Honestly all this waiting is playing with my nerves...

1 hour ago, LCJYJY said:

I emailed them on last Monday, and they said:

"At this time, I do not have an update on your application. We should have decisions out this month, but no later than March 15th. " 

The admission committee is holding weekly finalising meetings so hopefully we will hear from IUSM next week...Fingercross

Oh it’s good you heard back! I imagine a lot of people are emailing them so they’re not responding to everyone yet. Fingers crossed that everything plays out this coming week! I really didn’t think we’d be getting decisions in March for an interview early in Jan... I hope all of us hear good news!

I hope everything is going great for everyone. I currently work at Weill Cornell and this application season was good for me. I am just putting out here what my current PI told me this past week. 

Weill Cornell has collaborated with Houston Methodist and this year they are starting a joint PhD program. Essentially you will be working under a PI at Houston Methodist but will receive graduate degree from Weill Cornell. Application deadline for Fall 2021 is March 15th if I am not wrong. Here is the link with detail info: https://www.houstonmethodist.org/weill-cornell-phd-program/ 

Hope this helps. Cheers!! 

10 minutes ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

I hope everything is going great for everyone. I currently work at Weill Cornell and this application season was good for me. I am just putting out here what my current PI told me this past week. 

Weill Cornell has collaborated with Houston Methodist and this year they are starting a joint PhD program. Essentially you will be working under a PI at Houston Methodist but will receive graduate degree from Weill Cornell. Application deadline for Fall 2021 is March 15th if I am not wrong. Here is the link with detail info: https://www.houstonmethodist.org/weill-cornell-phd-program/ 

Hope this helps. Cheers!! 

For US undergrads only?

Feeling sad as an international applicant

On 2/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, prayingforamiracle said:

Oh that’s a tough one, but yeah you can try doing that! Honestly all this waiting is playing with my nerves...

just got an update that they put me in the waiting list. I think I will decline my application since I have other better choices ?...I am so done for waiting this program...

On 2/28/2021 at 2:29 AM, prayingforamiracle said:

Oh it’s good you heard back! I imagine a lot of people are emailing them so they’re not responding to everyone yet. Fingers crossed that everything plays out this coming week! I really didn’t think we’d be getting decisions in March for an interview early in Jan... I hope all of us hear good news!

I have just recieved an email saying I was waiting-listed...And gave the deadline of responding an offer is 15/April. So I suspect until now all offers were being made...

18 minutes ago, wwllq said:

just got an update that they put me in the waiting list. I think I will decline my application since I have other better choices ?...I am so done for waiting this program...

Got waitlisted too! I got an offer last night for another program so now I’m torn. I’ll wait it out and see ?

19 minutes ago, LCJYJY said:

I have just recieved an email saying I was waiting-listed...And gave the deadline of responding an offer is 15/April. So I suspect until now all offers were being made...

Got waitlisted too!! It seems they were sending offers before too. Are you planning to wait it out or will you accept other offers?

10 minutes ago, prayingforamiracle said:

Got waitlisted too!! It seems they were sending offers before too. Are you planning to wait it out or will you accept other offers?

Probably wiat...I am confused because I didnt see any rejecitons after interview...

3 minutes ago, LCJYJY said:

Probably wiat...I am confused because I didnt see any rejecitons after interview...

same here!! waitlisted! Did they reject anyone post interview? I also haven't seen any.

34 minutes ago, prayingforamiracle said:

Got waitlisted too! I got an offer last night for another program so now I’m torn. I’ll wait it out and see ?

congrats! which program did you get in? 

22 minutes ago, FTJ27 said:

same here!! waitlisted! Did they reject anyone post interview? I also haven't seen any.

probably they do, but not all people post or know Gradcafe? I feel this program interviewed much more people than they could accept.

3 minutes ago, wwllq said:

congrats! which program did you get in? 

probably they do, but not all people post or know Gradcafe? I feel this program interviewed much more people than they could accept.

Got waitlisted as well. Also, I second you on that. I haven't seen any other program interviewing so many applicants and not even sending rejections post interview.